• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Buziol

Jun 5, 2017
how am i defending? because your logic is flawed? "omg omg scammer! no one should support these scammers!......but yea someone support so i can get it free later and check what's new"
Kitty, you really are something else.
I sometimes need to remind myself that you, just like your average Lego Purist, Apple fan or Japanese Kamikaze, are not even paid to do this. It is remarkable.

Someone's gotta take one for the team.
Basically this. I feel some disgust for supporting bad management (though from the look at the recent changelogs, I must admit it almost seems to be changing for the better) but since public demos are not a thing, it's all we can do I guess.

KittyMaid

Jul 28, 2020
Kitty, you really are something else.
I sometimes need to remind myself that you, just like your average Lego Purist, Apple fan or Japanese Kamikaze, are not even paid to do this. It is remarkable.
Yet you patiently wait for next update despite being let down countless time, like a Apple fan yourself. Funny how projection works.

Buziol

Jun 5, 2017
Yet you patiently wait for next update despite being let down countless time, like a Apple fan yourself. Funny how projection works.
And that's where you are wrong. I'm here to maybe play every 4th-5th update I guess (which I don't even get from here).

Project simply has no replay value as of now for me to keep redownloading it each month. It's not even me being stingy but the truth that the gameplay loop is still not competitive with most games, even in hentai department. With, oh I don't know, Guilty Hell 2, I am always curious what's new...because each update is something new content wise (though I have my own share of criticism about it). Same with Wild Life, which is a glorified posing simulator (gameplay doesn't exist) but they maintain a healthy update cycle for the last 2-3 years, making every other update a discovering experience.

Pure Onyx, no matter how much one wants to shit on or defend it, is nowhere near to the amount of content it could push out. I see it's changing but can't say if they'll be able to maintain it for longer.

So, no, I am here just to read the comments, stay up-to-date with what's "new" (changelogs) and to be entertained by your weird shills :)

KittyMaid

Jul 28, 2020
And that's where you are wrong. I'm here to maybe play every 4th-5th update I guess (which I don't even get from here).

Project simply has no replay value as of now for me to keep redownloading it each month. It's not even me being stingy but the truth that the gameplay loop is still not competitive with most games, even in hentai department. With, oh I don't know, Guilty Hell 2, I am always curious what's new...because each update is something new content wise (though I have my own share of criticism about it). Same with Wild Life, which is a glorified posing simulator (gameplay doesn't exist) but they maintain a healthy update cycle for the last 2-3 years, making every other update a discovering experience.

Pure Onyx, no matter how much one wants to shit on or defend it, is nowhere near to the amount of content it could push out. I see it's changing but can't say if they'll be able to maintain it for longer.

So, no, I am here just to read the comments, stay up-to-date with what's "new" (changelogs) and to be entertained by your weird shills :)
No matter how you rationalize or what you complain about, you are still returning whether things change or not, everyone knows that fact Buzzy, stop lying to yourself :3
Apple limits users and outright removes features from products and they still return despite their "outrage", you have more in common with them then you think lol

ahrimansiah

Oct 28, 2017
Can some kind soul tells me if there is anything interesting from update 0.87.0 compared to latest version?

David Sordo

Apr 6, 2024
The update boring af , the changelog:
The ring girl h-scene updated
Now , the DK and FK doll have face expressions while h-scenes
Added a new location , Outskirts
Added a new enemy , brown vioreaper
The male police have electric aura around his stick

Last edited:

Mordona

Confused Demoness
Donor
Dec 1, 2017
No matter how you rationalize or what you complain about, you are still returning whether things change or not, everyone knows that fact Buzzy, stop lying to yourself :3
Apple limits users and outright removes features from products and they still return despite their "outrage", you have more in common with them then you think lol
I get were you both are coming from. But I do have to lean to Buziol's argument more here. After all this time, Onyx has a great foundation. It looks fucking fabulous, it sounds and music is fantastic. Animations are smooth and detailed. But dear gods, the updates are water thin. I follow a lot of gameplay based games here and, one of which are Ero's "friend" and they even pump out much more quality content for a fraction of money and semi-solo. Its frustrating, I've bene frustrated since MatM days. Yes, I keep coming back because the content, when looked at over 6 months to a year actually looks good. But damn, I down load this game maybe every 6 months and it feels like "that's it?" every time. What, its been over a decade at this point? Least it feels that way. Neither game has any feeling of being complete halfway. I don't want Onyx to fail, I'm grateful that its being made and has support. I just want it to complete and move on to new and better projects with the talent Ero has.

KittyMaid

Jul 28, 2020
I get were you both are coming from. But I do have to lean to Buziol's argument more here. After all this time, Onyx has a great foundation. It looks fucking fabulous, it sounds and music is fantastic. Animations are smooth and detailed. But dear gods, the updates are water thin. I follow a lot of gameplay based games here and, one of which are Ero's "friend" and they even pump out much more quality content for a fraction of money and semi-solo. Its frustrating, I've bene frustrated since MatM days. Yes, I keep coming back because the content, when looked at over 6 months to a year actually looks good. But damn, I down load this game maybe every 6 months and it feels like "that's it?" every time. What, its been over a decade at this point? Least it feels that way. Neither game has any feeling of being complete halfway. I don't want Onyx to fail, I'm grateful that its being made and has support. I just want it to complete and move on to new and better projects with the talent Ero has.
No his main argument was that i'm just like "an average Apple fan" and is "disgusted" that game is being supported. To which i basically said, why are you waiting line with the rest then? To which he goes on discussing the "awful" gameplay out of nowhere. So i try to bring it back to initial point by basically saying "cool story but, why you still here tho? sounds like Apple fan activates, could it be you were just projecting?" So yeah gameplay was never being debated, he fooled you into believing it was because he had no real reply to why he keeps returning. The bottom line was "if you claim scam -> then why come back?" what does he expect to gain from a "scam"? According to him. Also he is "disgusted" about the game being supported (even tho you stated that you're grateful that it is, so you are on opposites) but, he gets his "free" releases from supporters. He claims "i get it on another site" as if it makes a difference, it's still a shared copy of a supporter just on a different site. Only way to bypass "supporting" is to leak it directly and not second-hand. Meaning hacking the website which you would be crossing into illegal activities at that point, and for a "scam"? lol

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: Mordona and Buziol

Buziol

Jun 5, 2017
No his main argument was that i'm just like "an average Apple fan" and is "disgusted" that game is being supported. To which i basically said, why are you waiting line with the rest then? To which he goes on discussing the "awful" gameplay out of nowhere. So i try to bring it back to initial point by basically saying "cool story but, why you still here tho? sounds like Apple fan activates, could it be you were just projecting?" So yeah gameplay was never being debated, he fooled you into believing it was because he had no real reply to why he keeps returning. The bottom line was "if you claim scam -> then why come back?" what does he expect to gain from a "scam"? According to him. Also he is "disgusted" about the game being supported (even tho you stated that you're grateful that it is, so you are on opposites) but, he gets his "free" releases from supporters. He claims "i get it on another site" as if it makes a difference, it's still a shared copy of a supporter just on a different site. Only way to bypass "supporting" is to leak it directly and not second-hand. Meaning hacking the website which you would be crossing into illegal activities at that point, and for a "scam"? lol
Ugh, now you'll punish us with unformatted posts? I guess it's time to make notes because I've got lost midway.
What are you on about this time?
Which part of my recent posts confused you the most?

Also, I wouldn't call my opinion of you to be "an argument".
My mistake for triggering you.

sleep3walker

Jan 26, 2024
dude, im just saying this for your benefit, don't give this guy any money. I bought the game on itch.io 2 yrs ago, and redownload the newest version that is on here. And there was virtually no difference. The guy makes 20k a month on crowd funding and does nothing with it towards the game. It's a shame a guy with such great talents is scammin people.

Ok so I saw this argument too many times in threat "The guy makes 20k a month on crowd funding and does nothing with it towards the game". You realize that Eromancer is an account right ... behind which stand multiple people. Some of which are the core group and some of which are contracted to do some commissions. So lets do some math .
So far from tweets, announcements and whatever we know that the core group of developers are around 5-10 people .
So lets amuse the they split the crowdfunded money evenly (otherwise the things get a bit complicated).
Then each member gets around 2-4K each ... Those are not a lot of money for game developer guys ... Its a reasonable amount but certainly not a fortune.

And one more unpopular opinion, regarding replayability if the people (the supporters, I don't have voice there) were more vocal about the move/skill set of the hero and not about whatever fetish or kink they have on their mind, then we probably would have more solid gameplay.

• Haha
Reactions: ahrimansiah

Buziol

Jun 5, 2017
Ok so I saw this argument too many times in threat "The guy makes 20k a month on crowd funding and does nothing with it towards the game". You realize that Eromancer is an account right ... behind which stand multiple people. Some of which are the core group and some of which are contracted to do some commissions. So lets do some math .
So far from tweets, announcements and whatever we know that the core group of developers are around 5-10 people .
So lets amuse the they split the crowdfunded money evenly (otherwise the things get a bit complicated).
Then each member gets around 2-4K each ... Those are not a lot of money for game developer guys ... Its a reasonable amount but certainly not a fortune.

And one more unpopular opinion, regarding replayability if the people (the supporters, I don't have voice there) were more vocal about the move/skill set of the hero and not about whatever fetish or kink they have on their mind, then we probably would have more solid gameplay.
Ahh, the math issue. Don't worry, I've already done it almost exactly one year ago.

In short - you are making calculations based on living costs and wages that most likely don't apply here (the entire team based in the US/Canada).

As far as I've seen it, Eromancer team is probably based in the EU (taking my bits of information about one of the devs and two ukrainians mentioned in the past, I can assume the crucial members are somewhere in Central-Eastern Europe). This means that 2-3k USD is giving you a relatively high quality of life (depending on the country but you are definitely at least on the average salary or even doubling it).

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Now, commercial Gamedev is one of the worst areas of IT when it comes to wage/skill ratio (since it's a market full of enthusiasts that don't mind living like students for the rest of their life). So, they are way above the average here in the industry.

I'll even quote myself (which might be slightly outdated, given the Patreon termination since then):
In more than HALF of the european countries, you can get more than a decent developer with experience in gamedev + an artist, both on full time payroll and you will still end up with fuckton of money to spare or hire TWO more people and pay them well. And that is if you want to keep it in the wider west...if you move to some asian/african/s.american countries, you can actually get a full bloody team for that money.
You want to support them? Fine, your money, your choice.
But let's stop treating these guys as if they were starving somewhere in Zurich or Dubai.

Bigdicklittlerick

Jan 16, 2024
I come with gift! :3
Just extract the files from zip file i attached below into your Pure Onyx folder.
Next run the game and press F7 if done correctly you should get a new UI, click on Free Cam.
View attachment 2497929
next just click [Begin Freecam] and you will be able to move cam how you want!
View attachment 2497932
Enjoy! (✿ ◔ ω ◔ )
Does this still work for .104? Having trouble doing free cam. :(

Mordona

Confused Demoness
Donor
Dec 1, 2017
Ahh, the math issue. Don't worry, I've already done it almost exactly one year ago.
We can make a bunch of math assumptions and we'll never know unless we see some filed taxes. I mean, is everyone involved on a salary? I'm sure some are commission based on what they provide. How much goes to taxes wherever its filed? What cut is taken off the top and whatever else factors we might be missing. You might be right or wrong, but I kinda see this as a moot argument that we'll not know because of the amount of assumptions we need to make to fill in our side of the argument.

Reactions: Buziol

ahrimansiah

Oct 28, 2017

Lmao! so your one of those who took the blue pill... wont judge you! enjoy the matrix :D
THERE IS NO CONTENT here! hell getting 100buck for doing nothing is even overpaid! the guy/team produce NOTHING most of the months and get paid every month!
OFCOURSE i LOVE this game and hope it will get new content but im no fool, like many others here who dont want to fool them selves!
seriously im starting to think patron was the reason all good games/mods gone to shit! the old one time sell/donate method era had much more completed projects! it seems patron poison the mind of creators slowly and take their horny motivation and turn it to greed... like at first they get worried what if they finish the game fast which will stop the income so they plan for a slow pace of releasing updates then when time passes they lose the motivation and notice the income is still free and good! so they just play around with updates not because they want to finish the game but out of greed so the income wont stop.

Last edited:

Buziol

Jun 5, 2017
We can make a bunch of math assumptions and we'll never know unless we see some filed taxes. I mean, is everyone involved on a salary? I'm sure some are commission based on what they provide. How much goes to taxes wherever its filed? What cut is taken off the top and whatever else factors we might be missing. You might be right or wrong, but I kinda see this as a moot argument that we'll not know because of the amount of assumptions we need to make to fill in our side of the argument.
That's kinda the point in itself here...I guess. Though I've got derailed myself.

Some people try to make weird stance by stating "but there's an entire team of people, it's not a lot of money"...and they base it on a feeling what is big or small. My goal was to show it can easily be countered with just a little bit of research and googling (stuff like Gamedev wages being big bucks, which is literally the opposite, even for experienced devs).

Is it 100% truth? There is some chance that the entire team of X-people
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
is actually based in Switzerland or Norway, making this money a pocket change for more than 4 people.

Based on the evidence though, it is more likely they are in places where it is more than enough to focus on this project full-time with a small, dedicated team of people AFTER TAXES. (CDPR and Madmind Studios devs earn about 1500-2500$ on average before taxes at the moment, with juniors being around 1k$ - minimal wage).

Unless someone doxxes them, we will never know for sure (and I hope it won't ever happen, regardless of my opinion on the project).

sleep3walker

Jan 26, 2024
Lmao! so your one of those who took the blue pill... wont judge you! enjoy the matrix :D
THERE IS NO CONTENT here! hell getting 100buck for doing nothing is even overpaid! the guy/team produce NOTHING most of the months and get paid every month!
OFCOURSE i LOVE this game and hope it will get new content but im no fool like many others here!
seriously im starting to think patron was the reason all good games/mods gone to shit! the old one time sell/donate method era had much more completed projects! it seems patron poison the mind of creators slowly and take their horny motivation and turn it to greed... like at first they get worried what if they finish the game fast which will stop the income so they plan for a slow pace of releasing updates then when time passes they lose the motivation and notice the income is still free and good! so they just play around with updates not because they want to finish the game but out of greed so the income wont stop.
I disagree ... on the part that Patreon is the reason the games delivering. I mean those indie games, its normal to expect that there be issues, slow development and so on .
Also options like Kick starter also do not protect you from that ... take for example the Subverse incident for example .

And seriously .... Matrix references ...

2.90 star(s) 73 Votes