QSP Abandoned Punisher [v0.8.3] [Khamul]

3.50 star(s) 2 Votes

jonwich

Nov 12, 2017
I don't see 7c on the dev's website, but seeing as we are only on v4 here any update would be good ;)

I've been onto the Russian website and picked up the changelogs and latest updates. NOTE - These are Russian, they are not translated.

I've never translated a game myslef but I believe a QSP machine translation isn't too difficult if you know how to decompile the QSP. I might look into it, but if someone on here knows how to do it be my guest.

Edit... Instructions on how to translate QSP are here:

I'm having a bash at machine translating it, but its 17k lines of text. Current estimate is 5 hours.... Hopefully see you guys with a translation when i get up tomorrow ;)

I'm translating the 0.68 file

Change log

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Game files - NOTE as stated above above these are not translated and therefore can't go in the OP.

Windows
Windows
Windows
Windows
Not to dissuade you, mate, but we have the .68 file, and it ~is~ translated. Check a few posts back on this very page. I've personally taken that version and I'm very, very slowly going through the text and essentially rewriting it into proper English, adding a darker flair to it. (Seriously slow work because I'm disabled in a way that doesn't allow me to use my PC much at all)

Now, when we get an actual 0.7, that would be interesting to have a translation of. Another one would be this Extreme patch at the bottom, I'd love to know what that is, since while I'm rewritting, I'm writing things in a more extreme context.

Davox

Jul 15, 2017
I'd love to know what that is, since while I'm rewritting, I'm writing things in a more extreme context.
I couldn't get the final step of the translation to work. I'll try the extreme version, but I have a feeling extreme may just refer to the it being really untested. It downloads as 7c. Its also 20% bigger than the 0.68 file. There are no new images.

Reactions: jonwich

WulfgarD

Aug 18, 2017
If you want to translate the game, you should translate the location manualy first. If you don't do that, you will have problems with double locations.

jonwich

Nov 12, 2017
If you can get it properly machine translated and post it, I'll bring it in sync with what I've been working on in 0.68, and I'll try to keep working on my little manual translation of the machine translation.

Davox

Jul 15, 2017
I didn't read back through the thread I just presumed if the OP is still on V4 nobody was working to translate this so I thought I'd give the MT a go. I can't get the translated text back into QGen though, it errors with an unexpected parameter, but doesn't tell me what it is.

For whats its worth the MT text file for 7c and the resulting .xml dictionary are attached. I'm going to leave this to you guys.

jonwich

Nov 12, 2017
Appreciate it Wulfgar, I'll run through it a couple times to make sure I have the context, and then I'll start moving what I've already got over to 0.7, and post that.

Incopl

Jul 11, 2017
puni7.qsp seems to work, but with saves from 0.68eng objects menu (character, phone, etc.) does not work and gives unknown location problem. Probably issue with different object names between translations.

jonwich

Nov 12, 2017
puni7.qsp seems to work, but with saves from 0.68eng objects menu (character, phone, etc.) does not work and gives unknown location problem. Probably issue with different object names between translations.
Another problem you may get is images missing if you happen to not download the initial .7 update and add it to your .68 folder.

The .7 update also seems to have broken content. Some of the new content shows up easily and well, but some things I've had to cheat to move forward in, or have missed entirely. I'm running through to check variables now, which has put my text rewrites on the back burner, but I may not know enough to figure out what is broken and where, so if anyone happens to know QSP well, and have some free time, maybe give it a looksee. I've also gotten some help from Wulfgar as to ripping and re-inserting text into QSP, but I've had a lot of difficulty with that. It may go away if I can get things completed, but if not, it's going to take quite a bit of time going back and forth, doing things manually in Qgen, so if someone can slap some sense into me as to how to get this done easier, I'd appreciate it.

jonwich

Nov 12, 2017
You probably have a better version for bugs, then. I believe puni7.qsp is based on 0.7c, though I might be wrong there. But that doesn't necessarily do you any good unless it's translated, amirite?

jonwich

Nov 12, 2017
Alright, it's taken about a week, (probably, my sense of time isn't that great anymore) but I can finally rip and re-insert text into this damn game, and fix locations enough to have it let me make a QSP, and I now know that my translating it will always fuck up the time variables a bit. Basically, translating 0.7e has been my training experience here. I'm going to post it here for anyone that wants it, with the caveat that you should know I've only done some basic testing. It appears to work on the surface.

Now that I know all this, I'm going to test it more in depth to try and make sure it's all working, and then, get back to my regular text upgrades I've had planned once I'm fairly sure I have all the context and my translation hasn't fundamentally broken any content. I'll start making some updates as I get text replaced. In the meantime, here is 0.7e, in it's entirety. Special thanks to Wulfgar for being patient with my retarded self.

Devka

May 8, 2017
Anyone else getting Code: 111 Desc: Location not found! when you try clicking on anything in the objects tab? character, stats, people, phone, etc..

3.50 star(s) 2 Votes