Best butt? Link to butts --> https://attachments.f95zone.to/2024/02/3342779_0.png

• Kaylee

Votes: 64 11.7%
  • SAndrA

Votes: 107 19.6%
  • Emily

Votes: 74 13.6%
  • Ashe

Votes: 240 44.0%
  • Elysra

Votes: 35 6.4%
  • Ves

Votes: 26 4.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Classy Lemon

Game Developer
Jun 4, 2021
Well, I'm either a hungover dumbass this morning or I'm spot on with this. My take: massive bugs. Any choices you've made in Season 2 for MC Traits are for nothing, they do nothing, they mean nothing. All of the dialogue is based solely on Season 1's Traits. AND LI Flirt points are being mingled with the original variables and the odd decision to make new variables. It all makes for a hot mess.

I did drink a bit last night trying to get Season 1 done but I'm a pro at coding conditionals imho... I'm pretty confident that I'm right here and things are much more fucked up than folks realize in S2.

I'll take a smoke break, clear my math brain, and attack it again. I can fix it all but I really need Lemon to see for himself first. He doesn't know me yet so he might think I'm full of shit.
You're probably both hungover and full of shit. But so am I, so...

I made new variables because I want to keep the S1 and S2 achievements separate, the achievement for Witty in S2 ain't gonna work if it also counts the S1 choices (which is where they do something FYI, check achievementChecker.rpy).

The dialogue checks for the S1 variables simply because there are more of them at this point, lets me be more flexible. Regardless if I use the S1 or S2 variables, it's still gonna recognize how the player plays, if they choose predominantly blue or purple or red responses, if they choose to flirt with a particular girl or not, etc. If the game sees that emilyFlirts from S1 is 0, it'll assume you're not interested in her. S1 has over 50 of these dialogue choices, while S2 has less than 20, so using the S1 variables will give a more accurate picture of how the player generally chooses.

Also, these dialogue checks are mostly for flavour, nothing important.

Last edited:

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
:ROFLMAO: :p

Regardless if I use the Season 1 or Season 2 variables, it's still gonna recognize how the player plays
Half correct. If the Player was to choose nothing but agro in S2 it wouldn't matter at all to the dialogue "flavor" though. So, every Trait choice in S2 makes no difference at all in it's current state. If you wish to alter that then (as previously mentioned) you could always add them together if you desire ("friendly+friendlyS2" for example).

Keeping achievements separate makes sense though, so I'm on board with that perspective. Chew on it. It's nothing game breaking but there's really no point at all in the 15 Trait choices the Player makes in S2 currently (besides Achievement unlocks)... just know it's a thing.

Reactions: pitao

Classy Lemon

Game Developer
Jun 4, 2021
Half correct. If the Player was to choose nothing but agro in S2 it wouldn't matter at all to the dialogue "flavor" though. So, every Trait choice in S2 makes no difference at all in it's current state. If you wish to alter that then (as previously mentioned) you could always add them together if you desire ("friendly+friendlyS2" for example).

Keeping achievements separate makes sense though, so I'm on board with that perspective. Chew on it. It's nothing game breaking but there's really no point at all in the 15 Trait choices the Player makes in S2 currently (besides Achievement unlocks)... just know it's a thing.
The only reason for them right now is for the achievement. But I'm gonna start using them in coming updates.

I do agree that checking friendly + friendlyS2 would've been better than just checking friendly but there aren't gonna be any big problems because of it, for example if the game sees that you've picked mostly friendly options in S1 and alters the dialogue because of that, even though you may have more of witty if you combine S1 and S2, you'll still have chosen a lot of friendly options and MCs dialogue will still make sense. As I said these are only for flavour

Reactions: Sancho1969

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
For SanchoMod Stat screen population in S2 I'm going to add S1/S2 MC Traits together. See post here in the mod's thread for a bit more elaboration.

Bottom line: S2's MC Traits are only used for Achievement unlocks (to date). They will not change the MC's overall balance in dialogue at all, that is all based on your choices in S1 explicitly.

Edit: see above post by Classy Lemon for possible future implementation. Regards.

Reactions: Classy Lemon

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Classy Lemon, thank you for allowing that Emily lewd in Ep8 to be non-EmDom if desired. Many devs just press it one-way but choice is always best (imho). It's all the little things like this that make a VN better, make it rise above others. Well done.

(see, I can offer kudos as well! :ROFLMAO:)

Fans, I've done as stated above with MC Traits in S2 as well as Flirt points. I've also revised the stat screens to offer more detailed info such as which Season the event vars are from (in their chronological order as best as I can). Compared to the previews in the mod's thread, here are some S2 comparisons (not all Event Vars have been populated yet, so bear that in mind):

MiniStat (Page 1 will retain it's toggle-collapsable version too):
1714682681629.png
Both large stat screens:
1714682791977.png
1714682912990.png

608xperience

Game Developer
Apr 18, 2023

I made new variables because I want to keep the S1 and S2 achievements separate, the achievement for Witty in S2 ain't gonna work if it also counts the S1 choices (which is where they do something FYI, check achievementChecker.rpy).
Back to our earlier discussions regarding S1 achievements/lore getting nuked by playing S2: I see this even after resetting the persistent store and deleting my saves folder. A S1 PT just gets totally REKT as soon as I start up S2. I don't even need to actually start playing. Just firing up to the main menu is sufficient.

I'm still trying to understand what's going on here, but so far it's eluding me. I might try making an S2 build with Ren'Py 7.4.10 to match S1. I'll let you know.

Reactions: Classy Lemon

Classy Lemon

Game Developer
Jun 4, 2021
Hey, I just wanted to point out that the entire introduction sequence to the council meeting is one of the greatest works of humanity and should 100% be stored in a time capsule.
The tonal shifts are done so extremely well. The council entrance made me laugh and admire it
It did its job then!

tewinter

Nov 17, 2017
The tonal shifts are done so extremely well. The council entrance made me laugh and admire it
IMO this is one of the biggest strengths of Projekt Passion, you get some really funny scenes to break some of the more tense moments and it never feels out of place, always comes at the right time and doesn't detract from the serious parts.
I can only say that Classy is a wizard, because this is very hard to pull off.

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Classy Lemon, hey bud, not so much a bug report since it technically isn't broken, but know in Ep10 (v0.10) you have two conditionals in the submenu choice "Take the stairs" that the second isn't really needed to set "snackStash" to "Analyzed" since it's already done in the first:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Again, no real harm/no foul since it's not broken but thought I'd alert you to the duplication within the same choice.

Regards.

4.80 star(s) 233 Votes