Ren'Py Program Apex [Ch.1.1 Build 0.2] [Visual Fox Games]

Deleted member 5988643

Apr 10, 2023
The DEMO was made especially for desktop only, don't worry, in the next update there will be a version adapted for mobile only.
No I didn't mean the desktop vs mobile. I meant the phone you can open in the lower left corner. The close button below is too small, yeh it's very wide, but you just need a little bit higher button. A round button is easier to close, than a long very small button.

Reactions: VisualFoxGames

VisualFoxGames

Game Developer
May 2, 2023
No I didn't mean the desktop vs mobile. I meant the phone you can open in the lower left corner. The close button below is too small, yeh it's very wide, but you just need a little bit higher button. A round button is easier to close, than a long very small button.
Yes, I understand, that's why I said that in the next update the mobile version will have a larger, adapted hud.

VisualFoxGames

Game Developer
May 2, 2023
I mean something like this to jump to other places quickly

View attachment 2807182

Then specify, why that button I showed literally is called Quick Navigation Menu. hahaha

Well, it is planned to put as the Map is implemented.

When you are inside an area the map will reveal a sort of floor plan of the location, and then you will have options to move to other locations inside and outside the Academy.

Saint Blackmoor

Saint and Sinner
Donor
Oct 26, 2017
The font for the dialogue is very small. One fix would be to give three options for font size in preferences.

The art is very good, but the dialogue is very mechanical and nonsensical.
I imagine it's tough to be a foreign dev, maybe on a budget or a one-man team trying to do your best, but then to be tripped up on translation issues. There are so many new and ongoing games that your game could be buried and forgotten before any kind of improvement can take place.
I wish good luck to visual fox games.

VisualFoxGames

Game Developer
May 2, 2023
The font for the dialogue is very small. One fix would be to give three options for font size in preferences.

The art is very good, but the dialogue is very mechanical and nonsensical.
I imagine it's tough to be a foreign dev, maybe on a budget or a one-man team trying to do your best, but then to be tripped up on translation issues. There are so many new and ongoing games that your game could be buried and forgotten before any kind of improvement can take place.
I wish good luck to visual fox games.
As I had already said, my English is not the best even using programs that help this, I hope to find someone who can help me with this in the future, but as new updates come, it will be corrected little by little.

Reactions: Saint Blackmoor

Boehser Onkel

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Feb 20, 2021
first impressions count , no?

:: there should be a hint that i need a magnifying glass to read

Screenshot_2.png

Screenshot_3.png

:: no name input for the mc

:: freeroam needs indicators - this "hover over" to find where to go is a no-no imo

:: the close button on the phone - could be a bit smaller ..... (sarcasm off)

:: ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ like so many of us :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Screenshot_1.png

:: a schedule - without a day/hour screen ; grinding for points like Intelligence , Stamina etc ... ?!

well ...
on the plus side : the renders are very good

it´s a "DEMO"
cant be worse next update

Last edited:

VisualFoxGames

Game Developer
May 2, 2023
first impressions count , no?

:: there should be a hint that i need a magnifying glass to read

View attachment 2808004

View attachment 2808047

:: no name input for the mc

:: freeroam needs indicators - this "hover over" to find where to go is a no-no imo

:: the close button on the phone - could be a bit smaller ..... (sarcasm off)

:: ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ like so many of us :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 2808017

:: a schedule - without a day/hour screen ; grinding for points like Intelligence , Stamina etc ... ?!

well ...
on the plus side : the renders are very good

it´s a "DEMO"
cant be worse next update

As it is properly said, it is a Demo, everything you said is already programmed for the next update, if you open the programming files you will find.

No need to point out technical problems.