• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

RPGM Problems when translating a game

Gba

Jul 23, 2017
Hello everyone,

These last months I've been getting into the world of translating h-games, and wanted to start my first translation. I selected the game trinity dungeon, from Dieselmine.
The thing is, I could access all the files that need to be translated, but when I apply my patch, the text doesn't fit the text box at all.
It seems that the text box will only fit 27 characters in a single line (I guess in japanese 27 characters fit perfectly in a single line, but in English they don't).
The thing is, I'm no programer and I don't seem to find which file to modify and what to do to fix my problem, so I thought it could be a good idea to ask here.
What should I do?

I attach a screenshot of the problem.

Img.PNG

I don't know if I should have posted this here, so I apologize if this is the case.

scrumbles

Engaged Member
Jan 12, 2019
I don't know how to fix for good the problem.
But if the limit is exactly 27 characters, add another space before "friends" or separate "her" and "friends" with a new line character \n.
A fix like that could be easily automated with a script.