VN Problem with Unity VN "Game" (Ugokku 3)

Nobunoka

Sep 2, 2020
Hello, I have a problem.
I got this VN "game" previously , it worked fine on my previous PC, but now, the animation just doesn't play.
On the site, it says that some PC just "don't play the animation", it seems weird.
Anyone has a solution please ?

Nobunoka

Sep 2, 2020
So... No one ?
I didn't find any topic for this "application" by the way so I'm in the right place I think.

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
Unity based game have a log file which often helps to identify the problem. The log file should be stored in your user's hidden AppData/LocalLow or AppData/Local folder.

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
My guess is that the animations do not play because they are using a codec which is unsupported by some GPUs (I had the same issue with my game), the dev would need to switch to VP8. Nothing a player can do on their side AFAIK.

RedARREMER

May 2, 2017
My guess is that the animations do not play because they are using a codec which is unsupported by some GPUs (I had the same issue with my game), the dev would need to switch to VP8. Nothing a player can do on their side AFAIK.
know any tutorial on how to do this?

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
Radeon GPU too, that was how I found out about the issue.
First time I hear about that. I know that Unity doesn't support outdated GPUs, but never read anything about Radeon cards that don't support most common video codecs. :unsure:

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
there is no other solution?
for example, create a virtual machine
Why don't you post your log file? It's way easier to help you if we know what is mentioned in the log file. Make sure you play the game first until you reach the part where the animation should happen.

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
First time I hear about that. I know that Unity doesn't support outdated GPUs, but never read anything about Radeon cards that don't support most common video codecs. :unsure:
Yeah, no clue why but radeon cards printed two errors: Null handle and invalid media type.
Setting VP8 fixed the issue, and since I build for MAC and Linux as well, it was the obvious choice for me anyways.

If this game has the same issue, the log should print those two errors as well.