• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

HTML Problem with saves for HTML games, linux

theickobicko

May 29, 2019
Hello,
So I have a couple of HTML games on my laptop - Adam & Gaia, Back to Freedom, College Daze and so on. After this weekend, when I opened one of them my saves were gone. I checked the other games and they also had no saves. For all games.
I'm on Linux and i use Brave (chromium based brawser).
So my question is how are games saved and why did they got deleted? can I prevent this from happening? It's kind of annoying that i have to start again for all those games.

scrumbles

Engaged Member
Jan 12, 2019
Saves are stored in the browser cache. Once emptied, or if corrupted, your saves are gone.
I guess Twine is the engine of most of those HTML games: when you save your progress, just "Save to disk".
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: t727

theickobicko

May 29, 2019
hm... well i have not cleared the caches myself... i guess it's doing it periodically on it's own or something... although i would have guessed that it would delete only old caches, and at least for some games i have made saves just before the weekend.