DarkWolf2055

"Acknowledge Me"
Respected User
Donor
Former Staff
Aug 3, 2017

anWoTDwQQnigxCXzLHCNag.png
Overview:

In Power Corrupts you play a newly manifested superhuman in a morally gray world where what you can take is limited only by your grasp, as long as you can take the consequences.

Ultimately the player\’s path is their own, hero or villain, famous or infamous.

Power Corrupts is not a linear story, but rather a sandbox in which the player can discover many plot hooks, some obvious, some hidden, and some which need to be unlocked. These plot hooks lead from the career sim to visual novel sequences whose consequences develop your character, improve or degrade relationships, and may help or harm your reputation

Release Date: 1-1-2018
Developer/Publisher:
Version: 0.04.0
Censorship:None
Genre: Erotic, Interactive Fiction, Life Simulation, Renpy, Sandbox, Superhero, Visual Novel

Change-Log:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Changelog:

Download link(s):
Win - - - -

v0.03.1
MAC - - - - -
Thanks - @Vespak

2-300x169.png UCxhCDP.png rlKNXmk.png 4-300x169.png

Mark600601

Donor
Apr 25, 2017
Havent downloaded yet but based on the summary and pictures provided consider me intrigued.
Unless of course the dev has bitten off more than he can chew like countless others and burns out

Altarin

May 21, 2017
very little content. (one blured picture), and you dont even know that you have reached ending. But idea is there lets see how will dev continue it. Maybe in a year i will give it another shot

anschwww

May 10, 2017
small bugfixes -> 0.0.1.1

U

User_10739

Yet another game with terrible art made with photoshop stock filters. I like the concept and the dialogue but the art is unforgivable...

wep

Respected User
Former Staff
Aug 16, 2016
Yet another game with terrible art made with photoshop stock filters. I like the concept and the dialogue but the art is unforgivable...
I agree, these new games with this filter are terrible.
Is any advantage to use it? Low resolution? Looking cool?

U

User_10739

I agree, these new games with this filter are terrible.
Is any advantage to use it? Low resolution? Looking cool?
This is what people do that can't render, have zero Photoshop experience and use google images for their assets.
It is actually insulting to ask people for money when this is what you produce. Maybe if you make a game for your buddies to play it's ok but when charging for it, it should be professionally done.

I accept that not everybody can render (hell I can't figure it out) or can draw (can't do that either) but take the time to find some decent filters if you are going to manipulate images. I have many actions and plugins for photoshop that do an excellent job either sketching or illustrating artwork but I had to pay for them. But being that I earn money with the result of my work, it was worth it.

The stock filters in photoshop like cutout, poster edges & halftone are garbage and should never be used, but seem to pop up all too frequently in most 2d games.

I hate to be mean but in the last few weeks we have seen games popping up that appear to be done in MS Paint and although I don't want to stifle creativity sometimes you just have to swing the hammer...

Last edited by a moderator:

Tarasia

Satan's soul
Donor
Aug 11, 2016
if you can't render/draw yourself you should stick to the story tellign and coding and try and get a partner to help you with said renders.

Reactions: Hercule_Poirot

Thornhill

Sep 18, 2017
This is what people do that can't render, have zero Photoshop experience and use google images for their assets.
It is actually insulting to ask people for money when this is what you produce. Maybe if you make a game for your buddies to play it's ok but when charging for it, it should be professionally done.

I accept that not everybody can render (hell I can't figure it out) or can draw (can't do that either) but take the time to find some decent filters if you are going to manipulate images. I have many actions and plugins for photoshop that do an excellent job either sketching or illustrating artwork but I had to pay for them. But being that I earn money with the result of my work, it was worth it.

The stock filters in photoshop like cutout, poster edges & halftone are garbage and should never be used, but seem to pop up all too frequently in most 2d games.

I hate to be mean but in the last few weeks we have seen games popping up that appear to be done in MS Paint and although I don't want to stifle creativity sometimes you just have to swing the hammer...
You're not being mean. Just calling it like it is. The Market however, WILL be pretty mean. When you compare this to what's out there, story wise, Art wise, stuff like this simply gets left in the dust. There's a bunch of established games, with a solid fanbase , and some really good looking games coming up all the time , so if anyone thinks this is just a gravy train, they'll get another thing coming. It's brutal. You're just kind enough to say it upfront.

Jed

Feb 28, 2017
Minor point: The artwork in this version is explicitly labeled in the change log as 'placeholder art'. IE, it's there purely so you can see how the framework works, get a vague idea of what the game will be like, etc - it's not intended to be what the final artwork looks like.

Otherwise, agreed - it's not artwork that's good for the game, and the reliance on stock photos would drastically limit what he can actually do with the game.

Also: I like the description of the game - hopefully it'll turn out well.

Reactions: DoubleProlix

Philly_Games

Game Developer
Sep 9, 2017
The filters have their uses but to use them straight up is lazy. They can be useful if applied via masks and such to get an effect but by the time the artist is done a viewer should have a very hard time even realizing one of those filters was used.

Thornhill

Sep 18, 2017
The filters have their uses but to use them straight up is lazy. They can be useful if applied via masks and such to get an effect but by the time the artist is done a viewer should have a very hard time even realizing one of those filters was used.
Just want to say your 0.3 made it into my faved top 3. Hope your game gets more love from now on !

Reactions: Philly_Games

Infamy

Engaged Member
Sep 25, 2016
So from what I can tell the pictures are real chicks who the dev just cell shaded the shit out of em....

Philly_Games

Game Developer
Sep 9, 2017
You're not being mean. Just calling it like it is. The Market however, WILL be pretty mean. When you compare this to what's out there, story wise, Art wise, stuff like this simply gets left in the dust. There's a bunch of established games, with a solid fanbase , and some really good looking games coming up all the time , so if anyone thinks this is just a gravy train, they'll get another thing coming. It's brutal. You're just kind enough to say it upfront.
This right here. For some perspective I have been working on my game for about 4 months. Hundreds of hours have been spent on rendering / writing / coding. I am probably nearing a grand spent on assets/licenses. Reviews have been solid and at the end of the day I am raking in $100 :p But you have to understand. You can not do this for the money. If it comes great, but for everyones sake do not come into this with that mind set.

Shit I hope I don't turn potential devs off with that!

For the dev of this that was not directed at you I just have seen a few games recently where you could tell it was a cash grab I am not suggesting yours is. For all I know you may just want to put out something you feel others will enjoy and I am sorry if I come off as harsh.

dussalant

Donor
Aug 29, 2016
Link: &
Release: 4 Nov 2017
Version: 0.01.3
Platform: Win & Mac
Language: English

Change-log:

Last edited:

DoubleProlix

Game Developer
Oct 20, 2017
Minor point: The artwork in this version is explicitly labeled in the change log as 'placeholder art'. IE, it's there purely so you can see how the framework works, get a vague idea of what the game will be like, etc - it's not intended to be what the final artwork looks like.

Otherwise, agreed - it's not artwork that's good for the game, and the reliance on stock photos would drastically limit what he can actually do with the game.

Also: I like the description of the game - hopefully it'll turn out well.
You're absolutely right. Trying to find stock photos that match the action and characters involved is a huge pain in the ass. At best, the filters sort of match a comic book "style," but I'm looking forward to commissioning actual art.

We're past the first patreon milestone so I can start checking out different artists and getting commission quotes and hopefully find someone I like, but in the meantime I'm still adding VN storylines and implementing framework. I still need a way of creating art assets on demand without having to devote too much time or money on something that'll just end up being replaced a few versions down the line.

If someone can suggest something that looks better without costing more or taking up more dev time, I'm absolutely open to checking it out. Even something as simple as a better set of filters would be appreciated.

3.00 star(s) 1 Vote