Posing issue

Chatterbox

Game Developer
May 28, 2018
When I bend a female figure over, there are ugly folds around the genitals. I haven't been able to figure out how to fix this. Does anyone know how to smooth this out, and make it look more realistic?

Thanks,
Chatterbox

thecardinal

Latina midget, sub to my Onlyfans - cash for gash
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017

Chatterbox

Game Developer
May 28, 2018
Thanks for the response. I actually tried that and it didn't fix it. I got it to smooth out by using the Gen 8 pose mixer and reposing. It's kind of annoying that you can't bend the Genesis 8 over as far as they should be able to without weird folds and other crap. You'd think they would fix that.

GuyFreely

May 2, 2018
I know exactly what you mean. I haven't tried it myself, but something could probably be done using a d-former.

Reactions: Chatterbox

Rich

Old Fart
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 25, 2017
It's obviously hard for the people who designed the G8F to anticipate every possible position the figure could be put in.

You probably could smooth the fold out using a dFormer - you could create one that sets its influence via a weight map that affects only the problematic area. However, if you're really serious about fixing it, the best thing to do would probably be to create your own morph, since you'll have a lot more control than with a dFormer.

Sickleyield has a pretty good video on how to do this for clothing () but it could just as easily be done to a base figure. Pose the figure, export as an OBJ, smooth out the area that's a problem using something like Blender, and then re-import the OBJ using Morph Loader Pro to create the morph. You can then dial in the morph as you need to in order to eliminate the crease.

The main "catch" is to set the figure to base resolution before exporting it - it won't work if the figure has any subdivisions. Plus export only the figure itself - no hair, no eyelashes, etc.

Chatterbox

Game Developer
May 28, 2018
@Rich Thanks! That is really a great idea. Would be nice to figure out to use that as a slider with all figures. I assume Morph Loader Pro would help with that?

Porcus Dev

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 12, 2017
When I bend a female figure over, there are ugly folds around the genitals. I haven't been able to figure out how to fix this. Does anyone know how to smooth this out, and make it look more realistic?

Thanks,
Chatterbox
Are you talking about this kind of foldes?
golden palace folds.png

The image above uses Golden Palace ... it's awful in terms of folds :oops:

The image below uses NGFV8 and looks much better, although there are still times when you notice the folds.
NGFV8.png

When I come across these problems I try to solve them in three ways...

If you are with your pelvis bent:
- Use Hip or Legs bend parameters correction (helps a little)
- Use "Adjust Rigging to Shape" option (Edit > Figure > Rigging); with the pelvis selected and then in the correction choose genitalia (I think, I'm not sure), with this option pose is possible to change a little
- Correct the problem by changing the parameters of the bones (sometimes complicated but it is what allows more freedom of options)

If you are not with your pelvis bent:
- Correct the problem by changing the parameters of the bones

Hope this helps and sorry for my english :coldsweat:

Reactions: Tokoy

Rich

Old Fart
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 25, 2017
@Rich Thanks! That is really a great idea. Would be nice to figure out to use that as a slider with all figures. I assume Morph Loader Pro would help with that?
Yes, in theory. I've never created morphs for a character (only for clothing), but I'm pretty sure that if you are working on a G8F figure, the morph would be available for all G8F figures. However - because different G8F characters have somewhat different mesh shapes, whether or not the morph would work well on a figure other than the one for which it's designed is an open question. Probably depends on how much you have to shift the vertices. But for other characters, it's possible the morph wouldn't result in quite the same effect, since their mesh would be starting in a somewhat different position.

Note that Daz as "Joint Controlled Morphs" (JCM's) and "Morph Controlled Morphs" (MCM's), so in theory you can tie a particular morph's activation to a particular joint's bend, or to a combination of other morphs. This is one of the things that takes a lot of time for PA's creating characters and clothing - they have to do all this "behind the scenes work" to make figures bend decently and clothing fit well.

To give you an idea of the work some PA's put in, when you see clothing on the Daz store that lists something like "Supported Genesis 3 Female Shapes and morphs", it means that the PA has gone in and created an MCM to tweak the dress to fit each and every one of those individual figure morphs, so that as you dial in the morph on the character, the clothing adjusts accordingly. So, for example, if you look at , you'll see 40 different figures and morphs listed, so this means that that PA designed 40 different MCM's so that the dress will fit each of those. (Wow!) For figures and morphs that don't have specific design, Daz's "autofollow" system tries to compensate as well (and does a pretty decent job, usually), but the result frequently isn't _quite_ as good as when the PA does it himself/herself.

So, in theory, you can create a body morph that adapts itself to different characters so that it works "perfectly" for lots of different characters. But I doubt you want to put that kind of effort in... LOL

Chatterbox

Game Developer
May 28, 2018
@Rich Wow! So if I'm understanding you correctly, it might be better to create a morph for each character that I have this problem with.

@mgomez0077 The problem was on G8 figure, not the actual genitalia. I didn't have any 3rd party genitalia loaded at the time. The folds in question where caused by bending the G8 figure over to the limit of what a real human can do, and was on the front of the hips just above the thigh and curving down toward the genital area. While real humans do get folds when bent over that far, it's nothing like that, and not really in that spot. If you're not sure where I'm talking about, let me know and I'll screenshot it for you.

Porcus Dev

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 12, 2017
@Rich Wow! So if I'm understanding you correctly, it might be better to create a morph for each character that I have this problem with.

@mgomez0077 The problem was on G8 figure, not the actual genitalia. I didn't have any 3rd party genitalia loaded at the time. The folds in question where caused by bending the G8 figure over to the limit of what a real human can do, and was on the front of the hips just above the thigh and curving down toward the genital area. While real humans do get folds when bent over that far, it's nothing like that, and not really in that spot. If you're not sure where I'm talking about, let me know and I'll screenshot it for you.
Ups, ok, sorry for my misunderstanding :p

Anyway, if it helps,I've done a test with "Adjust Rigging to Shape" and this is the result... not perfect but it's a little better :coldsweat:

G8 Base Female with Ioga pose:
1_original.png

"Adjust Rigging to Shape" applied:
2_fixed.png

Rich

Old Fart
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 25, 2017
It all depends. If you create a morph using the base G8F, and if you find it works adequately with your other characters, then you're good to go. Otherwise, you might have to make separate morphs for each character. Depends on how bad the variation is (and how much of a perfectionist you are. LOL)