[Poll] Would you play a game that exclusilvely or mainly consists of lesbian content?

Would you play a game that exclusively or mainly consists of lesbian content?

• Yes

• No

• Other (I'll post a reply in this thread)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Isendra

Nov 16, 2021
hmm it seems most if not all games with female protagonists on this site got rape or humiliation
I guess nobody would play a wholesome pron game with a female protagonist
Well I can't speak for other games but I was planning to keep rape and humiliation completely optional and skippable, so if someone wanted wholesame gameplay, it was definitely possible.

ClockworkGnome

Sep 18, 2021
Would you play a game that exclusively or mainly consists of lesbian content?
Would and have.

To elaborate, almost every game I play with a female protagonist is pretty much lesbian by default for me, because I almost always pursue female romance options and avoid male ones like the plague. To the point where I'll get annoyed if I'm forced into relationships or sex scenes with men without being given the option to refuse/avoid.

That being said, I'm also not so dick-phobic that I'm against the idea of straight sex scenes in a lesbian-centric game, if those scenes make sense in context or if the author has managed to win me over with a male romance option who is just so awesome I can't say no. In Dragon Age: Origins I'm more likely to romance Alistair as a female Warden than I am either Leliana or Zevran (and in Inquisition Cullen's at the top of my list for female romance options).

Effectively, I think the real key is consent - as long as I (the player) can choose which partners/fetishes I can accept or refuse, I'm much more open to things than if the game is forcing me into scenes with no option to avoid them. I'm just as likely to be annoyed by a scene in which a woman forces herself onto my female protagonist as I am one in which a man forces himself on my female protagonist. If I'm playing an interactive narrative that is asking me to see the world through the eyes of the main character, I generally want to power to choose, the power to say no.

But I will also note that, in games where I'm focusing on female/female relationships, I tend to favor romance over sex, and lean more into the love side of things than the raw animal lust side. I'd probably get more out of a game where the female lead and her love interest mostly just cuddle than I would a game where every sex scene involves fingering, squirting, BSDM, and/or 17 dildos and odd quintuple penetrations.

(As an aside, some of my favorite lesbian VNs on the site include stuff like Heart of the Woods and Forest Guardian for that very reason.)

The problem you're going to have is that it's always going to be nearly impossible to please everyone, and if you try to include as many options as possible to appeal to a wider base, it's just going to take you way, way longer to finish (and people will complain every update where you add content that doesn't appeal to them personally). So you're better off just making the sort of game you would want to play, and then hoping enough other people are into the same thing. And then making sure you are very open and clear about what you plan to include in the game from the very start. People tend to get super-annoyed when they go into a game thinking they're getting one thing, only to be completely blindsided by something else they don't like later - being open about what you plan to add and where you see the story going can help a lot with that.

Reactions: Isendra