[POLL] Would anyone be interested in playing super mario game? [turn based rpg][female protagonist]

[POLL] Would anyone be interested in playing super mario game? [turn based rpg]

• Total voters

funnytoes69

Nov 6, 2019
I'm thinking of making a turn-based SuperMario game. You'll be playing as Princess Rosalina throughout the entire game. But you'll be able to unlock and use Bowsette, Princess Peach and Princess Daisy.

Reactions: Rondall6

kshyk

Mar 18, 2018
Maybe...If you talking about about
'Caliross/Claire's Quest/Defenestration'
kind of game, then yes.
But if you thinking about some 'rape the princes minigame' then no.

Zachy

Spark Of Life
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 6, 2017
Sure why not. Just make sure to not use RTP graphics and we're good to go (in the case you're using RPGM).

Apr 19, 2019
Abso-fucking-loutely. But be careful.

If the game you make gets any kind of attention beyond utter unknown obscurity, the big N will hunt you down and make you suffer for daring to mess with their precious IP.

I recommend one of two approaches. Either...

1 - Stay totally off the radar while you're developing it. Post no updates, screenshots... Nothing. Then, when it's done, release it anonymously under a pseudonym from behind a VPN. Nintendo can try and pull it down, but it won't be connected to you and once it's online it can't really be killed.

Or...

2 - Take the Chinese knockoff approach and make it not-Mario. Change around names, colors, appearances, settings, just enough to avoid copyright infringement. The more you change, the safer you are. If done right it will still be recognizably Mario while not being Mario enough to trigger Nintendo's lawyers.

Reactions: quierofemdom

Succubus Hunter

Conversation Conqueror
May 19, 2020
Abso-fucking-loutely. But be careful.

If the game you make gets any kind of attention beyond utter unknown obscurity, the big N will hunt you down and make you suffer for daring to mess with their precious IP.

I recommend one of two approaches. Either...

1 - Stay totally off the radar while you're developing it. Post no updates, screenshots... Nothing. Then, when it's done, release it anonymously under a pseudonym from behind a VPN. Nintendo can try and pull it down, but it won't be connected to you and once it's online it can't really be killed.

Or...

2 - Take the Chinese knockoff approach and make it not-Mario. Change around names, colors, appearances, settings, just enough to avoid copyright infringement. The more you change, the safer you are. If done right it will still be recognizably Mario while not being Mario enough to trigger Nintendo's lawyers.
Agreed with this. A S*per M*rio h game would surely get the AM2R treatment.

As for Super Mario RPGM, I feel like I've seen this someplace before and it was awesome and could be awesome Once Again!