[POLL] Which gender of main character, do you like the most in games? Female or Male?

Female or Male main character?

• Female

Votes: 250 43.7%
  • Male

Votes: 249 43.5%
  • Doesn't matter

Votes: 73 12.8%

• Total voters
Mar 12, 2018
A lot of games are done with female MC because it is easier to design one woman and make a lot of scenes of her having sex with different guys. If you make a game with male MC then you should add many different heroines, unless you want to do netorare or pure romance game.

Useraro

Jun 22, 2018
My #1 fetish is chastity, and it works just as well regardless of gender. I do have a preference for the female kind merely because it's so rare. Also if the game does not have chastity then female is straight up better as lesbian>straight>gay as far as my tastes go.

Archronique

Game Developer
Nov 7, 2017
Don't care as long as there is corruption in it.
However if the MC is a girl my only condition is that you don't need to play like a fool to see the sex scenes, for exemple I really don't like games where you need to lose to be able to see the sex content (like fairy fighting or wolf dungeon).

dmmt

May 8, 2020
the answer you need to hear, is from what what character's POV can you write? I could not begin, to write from a females perspective. Just no way for me to do that, so ... I dont try and play from their perspective either.

thatguy49

Nov 6, 2020
I prefer male MC for better immersion, but some of the better written games I've played had female MCs. I wish there were more dominant female MCs, I'd play more games with them if they weren't usually "damsels in distress" and "corrupted sluts".

Reactions: Hollowedzs

Pretentious Goblin

Conversation Conqueror
Nov 3, 2017
I'm into corruption, mind-control and coercion, but I'm usually not comfortable with it happening to my MC, I get protective. So if I'm going to play female MC, she should be corruptor/coercer, and that's pretty rare.

Velminth

Game Developer
Apr 8, 2021
Depends on the game, if it's a linear narrative I don't mind eitherway.
If it's an RPG or the game has branching paths/choices/etc then I prefer male for the collecting/interacting with a variety of female companions part.

TitanSwag94

May 27, 2017
I don't have a preference of male or female characters. I would say as long as they are written well and seen convincing as a person both can be fun to play. Games that come off as unrealistic are a bore for me, some that pigeon hole you down a route I think aren't fun.

So to sum up my opinions I think the quality of the main character is more important than the gender.

sexypeanut

Jun 30, 2020
I generally skip female mc adult games, granted that is because the vast majority of them are in the vein of 'shy virgin becomes the town whore' or 'hapless heroine is repeatedly raped', or some combination of the two. A decent plot and good writing could make all the difference.
Same here. Although I have an exception with Luna in the Tavern because the art is awesome. Inquisitor Trainer also has a female protag and cute girls (and it's in 40k), but it seems to be more focused on lesbian interactions (i rather MxF ones). Oh, well, technically Going Down on the Sickness is also a female protag game - although it's extremely short.
Everything else I play has the male protag tag.

Reactions: Nelari

dmmt

May 8, 2020
Male. I wont even play a game with a female MC. I cant, since I'm not female. I dont have the ability to assume that POV.

Reactions: sonhot

K.T.L.

Keeping Families Together
Donor
Mar 5, 2019
You don't really need a poll for that. The obvious outcome is a male character. I personaly think it doesn't matter though if the story is good.
It's surprisingly close actually, almost 50/50. I'll play either but I prefer a female protagonist.

GingerSweetGirl

Engaged Member
Aug 23, 2020
I'm shocked that the poll results are this close. There's more demand for female protagonist games than I thought! This is great news.

LeturLefr

Nov 14, 2018
it ends up doesn't matter to me at all since I play them to jerk off lol The Office heroine is so fucking hot like there's no way I'm gonna miss out on amazing content like that

Deleted member 3917737

Jul 12, 2021
I rather play as a Female MC. Good ones, Like in Bad Memories (which offers the option between Male or Female MC) Cheeky, Succubus Contract, Erisa's Summer and the abandoned amazing, High Life. I wish there were more like these...

Red_Dragon

Aug 9, 2017
I'm really surprised the vote is as close as it is, I definitely prefer male MC and just assumed most would.

baneini

Jun 28, 2017
I prefer fem mc, theres an oppressive mundanity to the way stories go with male mc. Harems are boring.

Having the possibility of the playable character be coerced into sexual favors or servitude works well for me in games, and while it's really common with fem mc the male mc games that allow that are some awful tower of trample inspired feet sniffing sim or sissification games that are often formulaic and mean spirited. It feels more natural to get that content with fem mc.

Some of the best games ever made are fmc, a dance with rogues, violated heroine, clymenias steam girl game, etc. You wont get same experience with the typical male led games as lots of content is simply not in that wheelhouse, like a npc imposing their will onto the mc pushing their sexuality onto her.

overdoll

Sep 2, 2022
Honestly depends on the game! Sometimes male, sometimes female. I like to experiment!