Unreal Engine Pleasure Witches [Development Thread]

VRDevDreamer

Apr 18, 2021
Hi, I want to share a bit more about the development of my current game called Pleasure Witches. Pleasure Witches will be a story-driven femdom 3D-game with VR support. It's about a special kind of witches who can regenerate their powers only when they sexually arouse people.

Gameplay

Pleasure Witches will be a 3D game in which you can freely walk around, explore the story through the environment, solve some small puzzles and interact with witches. When you start the game, you can choose whether you want to play as a ‘girl’ or a ‘boy’.

Story

The game is set in a world where witches exist who hide their magical powers from the people. In this world, there are not only ordinary witches but also pleasure witches, which draw their power by sexually arousing humans. Although witches born with the pleasure witch gene are usually eliminated by ordinary witches, over time some pleasure witches have managed to escape their fate, hide, and survive.

Ann is one of these pleasure witches, who was able to hide with the humans in her youth and go to school. That's where Ann and the MC got to know each other by sight. However, after summer vacation some years ago, Ann suddenly disappeared and the Main Character never heard from her again.

In the present, the MC has moved into his own apartment and has been working in his first job for a few months. This is where the story of the game starts. At home he comes across an unknown photo through which he surprisingly travels to another world. Once there, he encounters Maeve, another Pleasure Witch, and learns that magic exists. He finds out that Maeve is a good friend of Ann's and that she is trapped in a limbo-like place that witches normally can't leave. Pretty soon the MC finds himself on a mission with Ann to rescue Maeve. Since Ann depends on sexually arousing the MC to regenerate her magical powers, many exciting stiuations are inevitable ;-)

Sexual Content

The game will contain many different sexual components interwoven into the story. In particular, different female domination content will be included, some of it optional: brainwashing (e.g. also supported with sound effects like binaral beats & whispering), some transformations are also planned. Sex scenes may be possible in the later course of the game.

Deployment & VR

For now, there will be a single version of the game (Windows 64 bit) that can be played both non-VR and in VR. To start the game in VR, you need to have a VR headset which is supported by SteamVR. For VR you should also have a powerful computer, even though I try to make the game as performant as possible.

In VR mode, it is possible to select dialogs just by nodding or shaking the head in a certain direction to avoid having to hold controllers in your hands in various scenes.

The bigger plan

The long-term goal is to publish several developer versions in the next few years, with each developer version adding a playtime of 30-60 minutes (roughly estimated). Currently planned are five developer versions, for which the story is already roughly plotted. Depending on the feedback it could be one or two versions more about some background story. Finally I want to publish a final version of the game, in which I polish all versions again, so that everything is coherent. Then I will also think about voice actors, depending on the support the game will have at that time. Whether I release it on Steam or just offer it for free download, we'll see when the time comes.

Current development

In the last few months I've been planning and writing a rough outline of the whole story, so the story of the first version has changed slightly from my original plan to make it fit into the bigger picture. At the moment I'm working on implementing some new parts of the story and putting the existing parts together. In a few months I should be able to start working on the sound and some time later, I should be able to release the first developer version (which will be available for free).

Feedback

What do you think of the game idea? What do you think of the current impressions? If it were up to you, what would you most want to see improved?

Last edited:
Reactions: NIshu and lspcaoly

VRDevDreamer

Apr 18, 2021
I must admit that I am a bit unsure about the lack of feedback. I find it very hard to judge how good the different aspects like animations, models, the scene and so on of the game are and what still needs improvement, since I've just been working on it for a while, a kind of operational blindness sets in and it's my first game I'm developing. Unfortunately there is no other person who gives me regular feedback on the game. That's why I created this thread.

Was the text above too long and incomprehensible? Is the game idea too uninteresting? Do the characters not seem hot enough? Are the animations too bad? Even if you didn't read the whole text, what was your first impression of what you saw here in this thread? Why do you think there was no feedback? Is this normal at this point? Have I shown too little for feedback to be given? Am I just too impatient? :-D Please feel free to give me honest feedback! So if you think what I showed is shit, tell me and also why, maybe I can change that!

deleti0n

Mar 2, 2020
Correct me if I'm wrong, but you have no demo/free version? You'd do well to release something along those lines, if not outright just posting whatever version you're on. I'm extremely interested in this, it sounds right up my alley mostly due to the fact that it's growing on impossible to find good foot content in vr, let alone actual fetishitic games that aren't furry shit. But I'm not willing to risk paying 5-20 dollars just to bumble my way through something closer to a 25 minute long tech demo to MAYBE find some mediocre foot stuff. If you end up releasing a demo, or a trial version I'd love to give it a whirl!

Dec 7, 2017
Seconded about the comment above, we need more good vr games. A demo version takes development time that you may not want to spend though. I know you posted this to the development thread, but a wall of text will get you almost no engagement, screenshots that show the gameplay loop/content are essential, the two screenshots you have posted look great but tell me almost nothing about the game or its content.
Considering you seem to still be active on patreon here is some general advice (disclaimer I have never monetized my own games nor made adult games, but I do make my own games and am familiar with the development process). Apologies is this is stuff you already know/is obvious, but I get the sense from this post and your patreon that this is stuff you could improve.

Check out other games, especially vr ones, with a patreon model. Market research is essential (you dont need to pay, just look at the pages). You want to find out what makes them successful, and also if they arent doing so well why that is. here are some questions you can answer to find that out.

do they have demos/public releases (older version released for free)/delayed releases/no paid version?

How often do they update thier patreon, and how many posts are new game versions and how many are teasers/wip posts?

If possible look at the changelog for the game, how much content is in each update and how often is a new version released?

How long has it been in development, and how many patrons do they have?

What are the tier levels on patreon and how much community input do they have (polls etc.)?

How much effort do they put into advertising (posting on sites other than patreon/their website)? As a game grows bigger this starts to happen naturally from your players.

Google the name of the game, what results come up, I noticed that googling the name of your game doesnt lead to your patreon page, look into SEO.

Try DM'ing other developers asking for advice on how they grew their audience (only if they have open DM's and dont repeatedly contact if you get no response) its a long shot but cant hurt.

How much content of the game is posted on F95Zone, and how up to date is the version here, if there is one, was it posted by the devs or a patron?

Browsing the virtual reality tag on this site is a good bet to finding games, but some you may want to look into specifically are ComeCloser, Heat, Sex Machines, and FarmD. I don't want to cause any trouble by posting 'unsuccessful' or 'failed' games but I'm sure by looking you can find them easily.

I wish you the best of luck, always good to have more vr devs out there.

VRDevDreamer

Apr 18, 2021
deleti0n: You are right, currently there is no demo version, but only the few videos on Youtube ( - very size fetish heavy, because in the comments was asked often for it and on Youtube and Deviantart this content has produced the most feedback). I plan to release at least the first development version (roughly something between 30-60 minutes of gameplay) for free as soon as it is finished. For licensing reasons, there will probably be a public free version without soundtrack and a Patreon version with sound (I'm using some tracks from Audiojungle, but they only allow 10000 downloads for the standard license, so I need to be able to check and be able to show somehow that it were just a few downloads to not risk getting sued...). Should someone then leak the Patreon version somewhere, I guess there's not much I can do about it... ;) In any case, I completely understand that you don't want to pay 5-20 dollars for a tech demo, I wouldn't want to either and I would also find it unpleasant to demand money for just a tech demo. BTW, you might like this:

BubaGumpShrimp: The patreon hints are definitely useful (I've read some similar hints in other threads), but I have to admit that finding as many patrons as possible at this point in time is not such a high priority for me. I have a job that I like & still usually find a few hours for the game each week (which is even more fun) and I certainly won't stop developing on the game anytime soon, it's been a really cool hobby for almost 1 ½ years! Sure it would be cool to make money with the game at some point and completely focus on it, but that's not what my post was referring to at all. It was more about the content: But you're probably right about the wall of text and that I should post more gameplay videos or a demo. I'm not that into the adult gaming scene myself and this is my first game, so I just thought with the post to ask for content feedback on the game. But of course, to do that, it's important to show content (i.e. gameplay videos or a demo) in the first place and not just text... I get the point...

There are already some things I could show, but I'm still trying to make the story coherent in many places and to adjust the texts, what the characters say. Therefore I will wait a bit with further content releases. What I envision from the gameplay is a bit like Life is Strange from a first person perspective, but with more nudity and with a very sexual theme - I hope to get at least somewhat close to something like that So I'll get back to you as soon as there's more visual content that I'd like feedback on. In any case, thanks for the feedback to my post, I think it will be helpful to me!

Last edited:
Dec 7, 2017
deleti0n: You are right, currently there is no demo version, but only the few videos on Youtube ( - very size fetish heavy, because in the comments was asked often for it and on Youtube and Deviantart this content has produced the most feedback). I plan to release at least the first development version (roughly something between 30-60 minutes of gameplay) for free as soon as it is finished. For licensing reasons, there will probably be a public free version without soundtrack and a Patreon version with sound (I'm using some tracks from Audiojungle, but they only allow 10000 downloads for the standard license, so I need to be able to check and be able to show somehow that it were just a few downloads to not risk getting sued...). Should someone then leak the Patreon version somewhere, I guess there's not much I can do about it... ;) In any case, I completely understand that you don't want to pay 5-20 dollars for a tech demo, I wouldn't want to either and I would also find it unpleasant to demand money for just a tech demo. BTW, you might like this:

BubaGumpShrimp: The patreon hints are definitely useful (I've read some similar hints in other threads), but I have to admit that finding as many patrons as possible at this point in time is not such a high priority for me. I have a job that I like & still usually find a few hours for the game each week (which is even more fun) and I certainly won't stop developing on the game anytime soon, it's been a really cool hobby for almost 1 ½ years! Sure it would be cool to make money with the game at some point and completely focus on it, but that's not what my post was referring to at all. It was more about the content: But you're probably right about the wall of text and that I should post more gameplay videos or a demo. I'm not that into the adult gaming scene myself and this is my first game, so I just thought with the post to ask for content feedback on the game. But of course, to do that, it's important to show content (i.e. gameplay videos or a demo) in the first place and not just text... I get the point...

There are already some things I could show, but I'm still trying to make the story coherent in many places and to adjust the texts, what the characters say. Therefore I will wait a bit with further content releases. What I envision from the gameplay is a bit like Life is Strange from a first person perspective, but with more nudity and with a very sexual theme - I hope to get at least somewhat close to something like that So I'll get back to you as soon as there's more visual content that I'd like feedback on. In any case, thanks for the feedback to my post, I think it will be helpful to me!
It sounds like what you are looking for is specific feedback on the game then. I that case my advice is that there is never one single piece of great feedback. gaining feedback usually best done in one of two ways, you pay a few, but qualified QA testers to get limited, but usually highly valuable feedback, something not really possible for indie devs. The second way is a shotgun approach, ask as many people in your target demographic as you can, and the aggregate opinion tends to filter out the less valuable feedback. I would highly reccomend posting gameplay footage/pictures to as many appropriate places as you can.

There are a few subreddits focused to adult gaming you could post to, as well as general forums like this one and loverslab (the games sections though development sections are a bit too niche), and I reccomend making a twitter to post there (gives a non paid hub for the game that you can link too), and it sounds like you are gathing from deviantart too which is another good way. I would also edit your signature on the forum to include some kind of refrence to the game.

A demo wont neccesarily increase the quality of feedback, but it will almost certainly increase the quantity. The video you posted is WAAAY more effective than the gifs from before, as its clear that its in engine/game footage, rather than just a render, and I would definitely aim for more stuff like that for grabbing attention. If you havent already I would reccomend you posting it to the places I mentioned above.

deleti0n

Mar 2, 2020
I like what I see so far. Thanks for sharing some more. If the demo strikes me in the right way, i'd def be down to invest. For me personally, i'm not into shrinking/growing, but i do like GTS just fine. So if the feet are abundant i'm happy.

VRDevDreamer

Apr 18, 2021
I stopped development on the game. I'm really sorry for everyone who had high expectations for the game. Since a few people have been following (and I'm amazed how fast the question was posted here in the forum), maybe I should tell you the reason:

On the one hand, compared to the beginning, I currently hardly have time for the development of the game anymore, as life changes. At the same time, I keep underestimating the time I still need to finish this ambitious hobby project, especially in a way that it is playable and not full of bugs, especially in VR. At the moment, however, the project is still a big mess and the scenes don't even make little sense when strung together without me having a real idea how to fix it.

On the other hand, I also notice that the development of the game has gone in a completely different direction than I expected. I like playing with dominance and submission in both directions, especially in a subtle way with language and words, and have been thinking early on about what themes to use for it to get it across in VR as effectively as possible. However, I also started to expand themes and to add more themes that I hadn't planned at all, because other people asked for it or I saw that a lot of people liked them. And of course I wanted to make a game that everyone liked. But maybe that wasn't the best idea either, also because it somehow doesn't feel like the game I wanted to make anymore. I guess that's why I finally decided to not only pause development on the game for a longer time, but to stop it. When I think about it, it's really fascinating how differently people looked at the game and with what different expectations they looked at it.

Maybe one day I'll have a little more time again and will make a second attempt at making a video game, probably a little different.

minime123

Jun 24, 2017
I stopped development on the game. I'm really sorry for everyone who had high expectations for the game. Since a few people have been following (and I'm amazed how fast the question was posted here in the forum), maybe I should tell you the reason:

On the one hand, compared to the beginning, I currently hardly have time for the development of the game anymore, as life changes. At the same time, I keep underestimating the time I still need to finish this ambitious hobby project, especially in a way that it is playable and not full of bugs, especially in VR. At the moment, however, the project is still a big mess and the scenes don't even make little sense when strung together without me having a real idea how to fix it.

On the other hand, I also notice that the development of the game has gone in a completely different direction than I expected. I like playing with dominance and submission in both directions, especially in a subtle way with language and words, and have been thinking early on about what themes to use for it to get it across in VR as effectively as possible. However, I also started to expand themes and to add more themes that I hadn't planned at all, because other people asked for it or I saw that a lot of people liked them. And of course I wanted to make a game that everyone liked. But maybe that wasn't the best idea either, also because it somehow doesn't feel like the game I wanted to make anymore. I guess that's why I finally decided to not only pause development on the game for a longer time, but to stop it. When I think about it, it's really fascinating how differently people looked at the game and with what different expectations they looked at it.

Maybe one day I'll have a little more time again and will make a second attempt at making a video game, probably a little different.
I was hoping maybe you could upload the video files so people could still view them?

Jan 26, 2023

i totally understand and respect your reasoning, but i was just hoping you would possibly be able to reupload the videos you did have up. thanks either way lol, and good luck on your future endeavors.