Sghornylion

this game is amazing

the good:
    the game allows you to name the characters, which increases the immersion
    the wife is hot and beautiful
    the wife wear sexy lingerie in some h-scenes and she is HOT
    the h-scenes are amazingly good and voice acted

the not so good:
    there is only 1 partner throughout the game, if there are multiple partners it will be better

P:S. this game has a part 2 which is named "My Dear Wife, Mariko's report" and it's even better than this part 1.
    and also play Mayumi report 1 and 2 which are games from the same dev and same genre
  2. 5.00 star(s)

Rogeth

For anyone who is familiar with Atelier Sakura's other works on this site, this entry is basically a notch more extreme. The netorare does not occur in the same "safe" environment of the other games, which in my opinion makes it that much more exciting. Overall the game does an excellent job of building the heart-pounding suspense the genre is famous for. If you are looking for NTR that gives you that kind of feeling, this entry is for you. This is my favorite game by Atelier Sakura that I have played so far.
  3. 3.00 star(s)

AssRider

I'm mostly into vanilla sex games, yet cheating and cuckolding are my guilty pleasures. However, I found this one a bit to the extreme side. You got to feel strong on this fetish to really enjoy it.

There are some things I liked here, but those are general hentai stuff, not a particularity of this game. The thing I found refreshing was the immersion it tries to create by throwing junk info at the player. In these games you can find out how the MC prefers his sushi/rice balls, with what hand he wipes his butt and what brand of toilet paper he uses. Probably two-thirds of the game you'll read things that bare minimum consequence on a potential erection. And that's great! This is the main reason I give hentai a try. It's mostly here you can find the "slice of life" tag. I would definitely welcome this in western releases.

Unfortunately, there are plenty of negatives, some of them hentai specific, others are game's fault.

You can easily find manga/hentai drawing tutorials over the internet. The reason for this resides in its simplicity. You don't need to be an experienced artist in order to achieve a reasonable proficiency in this domain. I mean, most of the times you can break down a hentai drawing into simple geometrical figures: circles, points, straight lines, semicircles, triangles etc... I've witnessed hentai in which the artist doesn't even make the effort to draw the male's face (a hentai version of the Slender Man).
    In this already non-elitist graphical world, this game looks mediocre as hell compared to other hentai. It's hard to imagine simpler graphics. A slight downgrade would result in stick men.

Graphics also lack variety in this one. Over the time span of a year, the wife wears two outfits. From a total of 9 or 10 sex scenes that lack animation and consist of two to three still images, almost half repeat themselves. With the exception of one scene, I found nothing sexy in the way characters look. This is supposed to be the script's job, which is decent up to the point of the story's climax. When things should get interesting and when you expect a lot of ...disambiguity, based on prior junk info you've been assaulted with, you are forced to take it like a shot of very strong tequila. MC's fetish is nothing of our concern. It just is and we should be happy for it. MC is aroused not only by the fact that someone is screwing his wife, but by the fact that he may lose her. The info he receives points 99% in that direction, yet all he can do at this thought is to tell us he is very, very hard. Why would anybody be aroused at the thought of being left by his wife!? I thought cuckolding is already the biggest compromise, but it seems I'm mistaken.

At this point the game also fast forwards. You've got THE confession and afterwards, BANG!, you're one week later, one hour before your wife's lover is expected to inseminate her and try to take her away from you. I mean, you're not even describing in full detail how MC found a flea uder his pillow or anything similar, like you did the first 7,839 lines, since the start of the game?

But let's not forget, for one second, the worst part of any hentai game you'll encounter: the dialogue during sex.

- Do you love my big, fat cock that scrambles your insides?
    - Mnnn, ahhhhhh, pfffff, zrzrzrzr, I, auuuuugggghhhh, yaaaammmmm, oooouch
    - Say it, bitch!
    - Iiiichhh, mmmmm, aaarrrrgggghhh, I lo..., mghhhh, don't.... yyaaaaayyy, push it....giiiieeee, that.... aaaaaaahhhhh, hard, mmmmmnnnnn, pleeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaase!

...and so f**king on, 'till you hand hurts from the billion clicks you have to do in order to hear the bitch confirming what the residual character asked in the first place. Add to that the high-pitched Asian voice, supposed to dub the dialogue, and you've got yourself the secret Guantanamo interrogation method that was suspended for its atrocity long before having the chance to reach the press.

And here comes my main grip with this game. In fact, it's such a disturbing matter, it raises moral and philosophical questions I have to reflect at for the year to come.

!!!Major spoiler coming!!!

You see, at one point in the game, close to the ending, the wife's lover puts a condition to her husband, the MC, in order to accept screwing her in his presence. But it ain't immediately revealed. At that point I was like: "Yesss!Finally! He's going to rip her ass".

My friends, we're living in such a strange world. The condition has nothing to do with the lady's buttocks. Now, what the condition was ain't the point of my complaint. In fact, it's what the condition wasn't that I have difficulties coping with.
    Anal sex is a taboo in this game. Never in my life have I witnessed such a thing. No mention whatsoever about the wife's ass. Not even slight related words like, "curved", "back", "hedge", "rear" etc. are used, in order not to offend the cuckold loving pudics. I'm not kidding, one would have to go serious lengths in order to avoid making any reference at all. I've never imagined that, for one who finds cuckold as natural as morning cereals, an anus would slip under his nose.

After all this rant you would think I have a low opinion of this game. That's far from true. Compared to other hentai, I found the game to be safely above the average storywise. I can't maintain this opinion on graphics, which I find highly lacking both in terms of quality and variety. I'll give this one a 6/10.