VN Ren'Py Abandoned Playbook [v0.1beta] [Sweet And Spicy Team]

nemlehet

Game Developer
Apr 17, 2017
Well, the lack of interest is a little bit underwhelming :D Added a few thumbnails in the opening post so you can have a look on the juicy parts as well.
We would be really glad to get some feedback, so we can have an even better next release.

Reactions: Lt. Aldo Raine

skybbc

May 5, 2017
I'm loving the game! The book thing and the idea of a "mentor"... This could really become a good game. Definetely need a walkthrough though

chipsiup

Aug 12, 2016
Hmm, so far I liked the first demo better. The fact that Barney just wanders off is kind of lame, he was kind of a unique selling point for the game. I think it would be nice to still have some interactions with him, maybe if you fail to get a girl there's the option to call Barney, and he would give you tips and advice on how to succeed with the girl.

Right now the game feels a bit pointlessly grindy. This may change as more content is added, but for example right now after I do the Valentine's date my only options are to work and sleep. On weekends there's literally nothing to do but click repeatedly to pass the time so I can work again, and the only reason to work is so we can access the Work date with the latina.

I do like the Playbook as a conceit though, and I encourage you to get crazy and creative with it. Remember, of the various methods we saw in the actual show, many of them were really ridiculous with costumes and props and stuff. :D

nemlehet

Game Developer
Apr 17, 2017
In the next version you can contact Barney by email. It's already planned, we also think it's important to have him in the game. Probably later he will have a few personal appearances as well, so don't worry.

There is one more play in the game you have to discover. Hint if you stuck:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Yes we admit there is not too much to do right now, but we don't plan to make the game insanely grindy. You will have a lot of things to do beside just go working.

We don't really plan to make a walkthrough but you will be able to get hints in the Dreamworld from the next version if you stuck.

Until then you can ask me :D

skybbc

May 5, 2017
Can we get some "action" in the first date? How to date the latina? Am I supposed to wait?

nemlehet

Game Developer
Apr 17, 2017
Yes of course you can in every release you can get all the way with the implemented girls. We think fewer finished storylines are better than many unfinished one.
Anna (the girl in the bar)
Latina

Edit: Something went wrong, didn't realize my comment was totally confusing and unfinished. Fixed it.

Last edited:

Lt. Aldo Raine

Sharing Is Caring
Donor
Former Staff
Mar 24, 2017
Well, the lack of interest is a little bit underwhelming :D Added a few thumbnails in the opening post so you can have a look on the juicy parts as well.
We would be really glad to get some feedback, so we can have an
Giving your brain child a test drive tonight. Don't worry, it's in capable hands :FeelsGoodMan:

Reactions: nemlehet

MisterSir

Jul 19, 2017
Goddammit your game is hard ! And there's no pun intended !

I mean, I get that the girl is sorting out her life and got out of a bad breakup so you need to bring something more than the rest of the mere men. But damn ! I'm no pickup-artist, man ! If I were I wouldn't be playing it during the night !
I am quite comfortable with women and I didn't think I was that bad ! I mean my first attempt went pretty good, I manage to talk to her about sex, get a couple of drinks, it was smoothly going. But no.

Even if you get a perfectly good conversation, if you don't pick up the exact good choices everytime (and finish by talking about sex ? I'm not sure it worked if I end up with a normal conversation. It makes sense, but with a point system I wasn't sure I had to do it that way.) you just lose. End of the date, she goes back home after a kiss (or a good bye.)

Seriously, why the fuck if we're having a good time, I'm 9 in love and 8 in drunkness, we're talking dirty, suddenly she feels tired and goes home. I just don't get it. At least give me a handjob or something. "I like having random sex with stranger" "Wanna know my latest experi- Oh nevermind, gtg." What the fuck ?!

If you don't have a 10 in love AND a 9 in drunkness there's no party for you. Help here guys, does bordeline alcoholic intoxication is always required in those situations ? Even considering she wasn't drinking before you met her, she got enough alcohol in his blood to kill a man during a transfusion.
Ok maybe not that much but during my firsts attempts I was wondering if I have to make her go totally drunk or not, I watched HIMYM like the rest of us so I remembered a couple of things but I had no clue how far to go.

Yes sure, the woman is not a wild one, it's a special day and you have to get to know each other. But I'm no psych dude,
how am I suppose to be so sync with her I can tell her fantasies ? There's absolutely no room for mistake it's surrealistic.

It took me 1H30 to get into her pants. And that's thanks to the walkthrough that told me to get her drunk af (now there's a pun intended). I could have try my chance IRL and don't screw that much (another pun intended, thx for reading the whole thing).

Other random complains:
Why if you click back you loose some kind of tempo like she was seeing you sorting your choices ? I misclick after 30 attempts and I had to go back !

No need to say after that I did not try to meet the latina girl. Maybe another time. 6 days of work to meet a co-worker ? Me not that kind of orc.

Anyway this is still a great game with some really innovative potential and I kinda was waiting something so challenging in term of dating system. I'm gonna keep this version in case I'll ever have another date in my life, if I can re-do this game perfectly I'll be able to conquest any date.
I really like the theme of the game and hope you will keep it up, it's just that is easily one of the most difficult I have ever play and that was level one. But there's definitely some things to get from that game.
That said, I'm gonna work on cold reading videos.

- I created an account just for that, it is my first review. Thx for reading the whole thing -

nemlehet

Game Developer
Apr 17, 2017
Thank you for your feedback. :)
Woman usually not really logical. Especially if alcohol is involved they can turn 180 in a second. We tried to catch that part of woman nature.
But to be fair, some of the plays will be pretty straightforward, some of them will be hard to figure out.

In the next release we will implement a some help, so you can't get stuck that easily.

I think the latina is a bit easier, she has more path leading to sex. You should try it. Also money is involved (in some paths) so going to work is not a waste. Especially later on you will need the money. We will try to avoid plain grinding though.

Also a little update for everyone: We didn't abandon the project. The script for the next release is almost complete, and the coding also reliably progressing. Art will be delivered.
We know we got really slow :( We are sorry for that.

MisterSir

Jul 19, 2017
Thx for responding.

Yes I guess there will be plenty types of girls since we're playing with the playbook, I did not mind working in a game like that but since it's still early in the developement, knowing I just have to cope up with it without doing anything else is kinda redundant. But sure I've done more repetitive tasks in games, I'll try it out.

Kinda waiting to see what you plan for the next release now ! All games are hard to develop but yeah, the sooner always the better here ;)

nemlehet

Game Developer
Apr 17, 2017
yeah, dont know if its heavy hiatus or abandonned but its been 5 months sinze the last info from the dev
On of the team members should have post a few updates... I did it originally, but I was abroad for 3 months (on a ship so I had really little acces to internet) and it looks like he didn't do what I asked him... Also patreon wasn't really that active to begin with.

Anyway the current status is: We didn't abandon the game. I have several updates worth of story and dialogue written in word. Needs some polishing and proofreading, but I'm currently finishing collage, so have to learn my ass of for the final exam.
The artist who does the coloring started working around may this year and he was absolutely overwhelmed. The girl who did the b&w sketches was also abroad, then he started art school in september and had very little time.
Our coder is also in school and had a lot on table, had to do other "hobby" projects because its pretty hard to sell an adult game as an experience in this country :D

So in conclusion the game is on hold for several reason. We really would like get back to it and I'm pretty sure we will soon.

alifar

Jul 13, 2017
I have several updates worth of story and dialogue written in word. Needs some polishing and proofreading, but I'm currently finishing collage, so have to learn my ass of for the final exam.
I could take a look at them for you if you want? I finished college for the semester and am just sitting around all day anway.