RPGM Illusion Planning a game, have some questions

Baron LaCroix

Dec 16, 2022
So i'm planning out a female protag corruption style rpg and I have a few questions.

The setting and characters I plan to use are from a manga. There are a ton of h-games that use copyright characters, but any details on the legality of doing this/getting money for it would be appreciated.

I've made the character models in Hs2. Again, a lot of H-games use illusion models, could I also run into problems here?

The contents of the game will for sure violate patreons ToS, what are the best alternatives to Patreon rn?

Even if I can't get money for it i'm still gonna work on the game and post it here, it's fun to work on and i'd love to share it. Any advice/tips are appreiated!

MissFortune

I Was Once, Possibly, Maybe, Perhaps… A Harem King
Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
There are a ton of h-games that use copyright characters, but any details on the legality of doing this/getting money for it would be appreciated.
There is no legality. You are infringing copyright, knowingly, and it's really that simple. There's no legal way to approach it, and if you're using directly ripped art/sprites/etc., then any argument for Parody and/or Fair Use go right out the window. In the best, and most likely case, your game won't get big enough for the studios/artists/etc. to ever see - or at least not profitable enough for them to care (profit = being seen. Being seen = possible damages to IP.).

I've made the character models in Hs2. Again, a lot of H-games use illusion models, could I also run into problems here?
Illusion doesn't really care what you do, or so it seems. I wouldn't push it too far, but Patreon and Itch seem fine with it. Steam is a no-go, though.

The contents of the game will for sure violate patreons ToS, what are the best alternatives to Patreon rn?
Itch.io, sort of. You're gonna have to set up your payouts a certain way or Paypal will ban your account. The only other competent one seems to be SubscribeStar, but they seem to be sort of fading out for new users. Honestly don't know how much longer they have. I've heard good stuff about Ko-fi, but don't know how adult-friendly and/or Paypal-compatible they are.