Tool Pixel Game Maker MV extractor

AkagiVoid

Feb 12, 2020
no, only the image files get extracted. To rebuild the project you'd also need some script files.
LUL... I LUV DIS SO MUCH. X3

Reverse engineering is great dis is why Game devs should just release their game files about one yr after the game is released. X3
Thank U xj47 and Surgy 4 for sharing UR Injector VI-ORALOIS. X3

Is it possible for this to extract files but also create a project file to load the game into Pixel Game Maker MV itself?
(NOTE: Dis guide below is assuming U already have "Pixel Game Maker MV" Editor btw,
the game I'll be using for dis demonstration is "Beach Survivor Water VS XXX Bukkake Battle" which is not on F95Zone yet).

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

ekundayo

Jun 27, 2017
Tried all versions of the extractor but none of them worked. It's either stuck at "scanning for files" or "payload start; scanning..."
The .dll injects successfully but no folder gets created nor does it show any form of progress.
I also left it running for a bit, hoping it takes a while to load, but it seems to make no difference. There is no "Resources" folder (apart the one that has save files) and instead just has a big player.exe file. The game in question is RJ323643.

xj47

Nov 4, 2017
Tried all versions of the extractor but none of them worked. It's either stuck at "scanning for files" or "payload start; scanning..."
The .dll injects successfully but no folder gets created nor does it show any form of progress.
I also left it running for a bit, hoping it takes a while to load, but it seems to make no difference. There is no "Resources" folder (apart the one that has save files) and instead just has a big player.exe file. The game in question is RJ323643.
If there is no data in the Resources folder then that's a problem, though I would expect the log to read "Scanning... Done" rather than just "Scanning...".
I might be able to make the tool work in your case as well. Please extract the updated dll attached to this post and put it in the tool's "bin" folder so that it replaces "PGM_InjectDll.dll". (you can backup the old dll if you want)
Try running the game & tool again and see if it extracts the file Resources/data/project.json.
If it does then I should be able to update the tool to work for you.

(Also whenever debugging issues, exit and re-launch the game before running the tool again)

ekundayo

Jun 27, 2017
Doesn't look like it. extract_debugLog only says
"Payload start
Scanning... Done
Extracting...
(0/1) Resources/data/project.json"
A "extracted" folder gets created but it doesn't seem to dump .json file. I also let it running for a bit which didn't make any difference.

xj47

Nov 4, 2017
Doesn't look like it. extract_debugLog only says
"Payload start
Scanning... Done
Extracting...
(0/1) Resources/data/project.json"
A "extracted" folder gets created but it doesn't seem to dump .json file. I also let it running for a bit which didn't make any difference.
hmm, I don't have a simple solution then, sorry.

clthed0ve

Apr 14, 2023
Thank you so much for making this tool. It worked on many PGM MV games I wanted to modify!
Now I can finally translate them easily..

Last edited:

Unmaaaa

May 25, 2023
cannot download it said "Malformed attachment request"
Could you please upload it to other sites? thank you!

Ironfoot

Jun 7, 2017
What can I do with the game after I decrypted it exactly? It helps me to cheat my health without changing the values after every single section?

yasuoqaq

Jul 12, 2022
Unmaaaa,帖子:10848027,会员:6128502 said:
无法下载,提示“附件请求格式错误”
可以麻烦您上传到其他网站吗?谢谢你!
[/引用]
Cchange vpn

JoeTermin

Dec 24, 2017
I confirm the extractor works for me, but I'm a bit clueless as to what one can do with the files. Has anyone found how to use the project.json? Would love to mod some Pixel maker games.

Whotfisthis

May 30, 2021
I confirm the extractor works for me, but I'm a bit clueless as to what one can do with the files. Has anyone found how to use the project.json? Would love to mod some Pixel maker games.
Well you could use extracted assets for artistic fun, and edit or replace them to change how things might look in game
Also it looks like you have the extractor downloaded, would you mind uploading somewhere? F95 won't let me download it for the love of god

JoeTermin

Dec 24, 2017
Well you could use extracted assets for artistic fun, and edit or replace them to change how things might look in game
Also it looks like you have the extractor downloaded, would you mind uploading somewhere? F95 won't let me download it for the love of god
That's the thing you can't edit the game's assets since there's only an extractor, no repacker. You can only get the assets, not put them back.

And no sorry I won't upload someone else's files (literally illegal) but the attachment still works for me so maybe try a different browser. It opens a pop-up when you attempt to download it so maybe you have an extension blocking it.

xj47

Nov 4, 2017
The F95 virus scanner is annoying. I can download the file but I have to click a "Yes I know that this file will literally destroy my computer, I want it anyway" button.

I've re-uploaded it here:
The zip file got renamed but it's the same data.
If you are paranoid, the SHA-256 checksum of the current file is CEFD32C9BABE8A0FBB19C63E601E8E5C642DA3F352FE412C0C667D8854F1B260 so you can verify the result yourself if you want.

Whotfisthis

May 30, 2021
That's the thing you can't edit the game's assets since there's only an extractor, no repacker. You can only get the assets, not put them back.
Maybe it differs from game to game. With the game "The Agnietta" you could replace PNGs in the game's folders and it would work, even if it's not encrypted
This engine really is something

Reactions: JoeTermin

AkagiVoid

Feb 12, 2020
xj47 Cant seem to get it to lock onto a game. >:/
Like I tried extract.bat (did nothing as it could not find the game ID) and GenericInjector.exe (only extracted the Audio folder which was not the intended target and audio folder files wasn't encrypted anyway). XwX
even renamed the exe of game file to player.exe because I know its from Pixel Maker MV as its exe describes. XwX
I'm at a loss here. >w<
Also same thing after I got the BAT file to lock on, all it did is extract the audio again. TwT
Game I'm trying 2 extract is
btw. :3

Tried the old V1 Python and NOP, still not working the pngs are still encrypted. TwT
And everything else looks encrypted as well. >w>

Last edited:

xj47

Nov 4, 2017
xj47 Cant seem to get it to lock onto a game. >:/
Like I tried extract.bat (did nothing as it could not find the game ID) and GenericInjector.exe (only extracted the Audio folder which was not the intended target and audio folder files wasn't encrypted anyway). XwX
even renamed the exe of game file to player.exe because I know its from Pixel Maker MV as its exe describes. XwX
I'm at a loss here. >w<
Also same thing after I got the BAT file to lock on, all it did is extract the audio again. TwT
Game I'm trying 2 extract is
btw. :3

Tried the old V1 Python and NOP, still not working the pngs are still encrypted. TwT
And everything else looks encrypted as well. >w>
I'm looked at the files and it turns out that the project.json file is causing problems for some reason.
I've created a new version that allows you exclude some files to make your situation work:
1. Rename the exe to "player.exe" (which you already did)
2. Start up the game
3. Run the extractor once & close the game. This will fail like before
4. In the game's directory, make a copy of "extract_plan.txt" and name it "extract_plan_forced.txt"
5. Edit this 2nd file in a text editor like notepad and remove the line that references "project.json"
(note: You can tell that this file is the problem because it's the last entry in extract_debugLog.txt)
6. Run the game again
7. Run the extractor again

All files except for project.json should now be extracted.

The new version (v2.2) is uploaded here:
The SHA-256 is 4FCA500649DD6DA550EB320CFF353BB81C598BF6C2CAFFD46EB2D15DA8CD2668

xj47

Nov 4, 2017
Anyway 2 get the project.json decrypted 2, I'm going 2 need dat so I can manually rebuild the game's project folder for manual translate the game 2 English?
Or is Project.json file completely hopeless. XwX
Sadly the program seems to crash because the file is too big and something about the encryption process is tied to the overall file size so I can't decrypt it in chunks.
I spend some time looking at it but wasn't able to figure it out

Reactions: AkagiVoid