4.00 star(s) 3 Votes

pehanur

May 4, 2020
Yey, quite a nice game. I remember i stumbled across it somewhere else and passed by and when i saw it here i decided to actually check it out. Then i was having trouble unpacking it since for some reason winrar couldn't do it so i needed 7zip... anyway, i was kinda stubborn about seeing it by that time and it totally paid off! At first i was like "meh, another story about some chosen girl who must fight some demon king but will eventually become a slut on her journey", but story took such a different approach and kept twisting one after another. While also the characters are interesting (and dialogues are well-written, with quite some good humor put in) and i actually found myself fascinated in this world's structure and politics, something i usually tend to skip. It actually even sometimes felt that lewd content would only spoil the story, but it's kind of well placed and i presume most of it is optional and it kinda spices the whole thing up very nicely. Aanyway, just wanted to stop by and say keep up the great work!

Reactions: Yoshiiki

Yoshiiki

Game Developer
Nov 10, 2017
pehanur
Quite late on my side, but thanks for the reply... And that's actually what I wanted to achieve with this, so it's nice it worked for you :D

On a different note - I am back from being dead (after inhumane amount of workload, not sure if that's actually a metaphor).
Also, back to work on PoR, mainly one or two days each weekend, but it's something for another round.

Also x2, mods please keep this "on hold" for now, I will annoyingly ping someone after dropping an update to the game.

Thisisfunny

Aug 11, 2020
I was playing this game trying to be as "pure" as possible. Now I am stuck in the first town were I cannot seem to get work. The guard to the manor will no longer let me pass, The MC questions herself about working at the bar again, and the MC keeps says that she has to make money before she can leave the town. If in order to progress I am forced to pick only the lewd options then this is a very poor game design but if it is something I am missing then I am an idiot. So can someone tell me is the only way to progress is through the "lewd" choices or am I really missing something here?

D

Deleted member 1848406

This is one of my favorite RPG games I've played so far. It has an intriguing storyline, lots of customization, and plenty of choices. I'm glad to see it is still being worked on. Thank you for your dedication!

Yoshiiki

Game Developer
Nov 10, 2017
I was playing this game trying to be as "pure" as possible. Now I am stuck in the first town were I cannot seem to get work. The guard to the manor will no longer let me pass, The MC questions herself about working at the bar again, and the MC keeps says that she has to make money before she can leave the town. If in order to progress I am forced to pick only the lewd options then this is a very poor game design but if it is something I am missing then I am an idiot. So can someone tell me is the only way to progress is through the "lewd" choices or am I really missing something here?
Did you try doing jobs? I know it's generally assumed that "jobs" in H games are sex related, but you can decide to not let MC fall for lewd parts. You still do the job, but when a choice pops up, you can decide.

To progress the story, working at manor is required, which also has choice because it can be done either lewd or not lewd... But it's also required to sleep as she isn't starting working the same day she is hired :D

This is one of my favorite RPG games I've played so far. It has an intriguing storyline, lots of customization, and plenty of choices. I'm glad to see it is still being worked on. Thank you for your dedication!
Thanks, progressing really slow atm, ~8h each week is better than before, but still quite low. I need to find some time to figure out my time management better :p

Thisisfunny

Aug 11, 2020
Did you try doing jobs? I know it's generally assumed that "jobs" in H games are sex related, but you can decide to not let MC fall for lewd parts. You still do the job, but when a choice pops up, you can decide.

To progress the story, working at manor is required, which also has choice because it can be done either lewd or not lewd... But it's also required to sleep as she isn't starting working the same day she is hired :D

Thanks, progressing really slow atm, ~8h each week is better than before, but still quite low. I need to find some time to figure out my time management better :p
Yes I did the jobs that were available to me but because I did pick "lewd" options (ex: watching the Baron and his have sex) I no long have a option to work at the manor. Also because I'm not "corrupt" enough the MC does not like the idea of working at the bar after working 2 or 3 times there. Did I miss something?

Yoshiiki

Game Developer
Nov 10, 2017
Yes I did the jobs that were available to me but because I did pick "lewd" options (ex: watching the Baron and his have sex) I no long have a option to work at the manor. Also because I'm not "corrupt" enough the MC does not like the idea of working at the bar after working 2 or 3 times there. Did I miss something?
Probably. Manor quest ends up with Rose getting a new set of adventurer clothes and a proper weapon. After that she can leave Sedara.
Working at the bar is obsolete and not required for any part of main story/progressing.
If you are after that point and still can't leave, then that's a bug.

dunrain

Jan 15, 2019
Your project is really amazing. Petals of Rose is still incomplete, but it's the best RPGM game I've played in the last five years. I'm looking forward to your next update.
I'll gladly support to your Patreon page when you get back to work.

Last edited:
Reactions: dankjuul

Yoshiiki

Game Developer
Nov 10, 2017
Lol, is it bad that I forgot about it?
Well, not like I focus on patreon either, busy drawing scenes. 8-10h weekly is worse than turtle pace xD

Yoshiiki

Game Developer
Nov 10, 2017
I want middle part of the map completely done, one event is finished (drawing wise), making images for other one, after that just one to go, so 1/3 right now. I am not even bothering with estimations, each time I am wrong anyway xD
So sex part would be 3 events + random prostitution ones but those are repeatable and available in every major city, so I will probably keep adding more as I progress, kind of extra instead of a normal event.
Also, few more quests, some more stuff for monster hunting, clothes obviously (I just love designing them :p)

I had an idea of scripting everything now and just keep drawing scenes, but decided not to, though we will see.
Code/Script part is rather quick, so that's not an issue. Drawing is an issue, not a pro so I tend to scrap a lot and redo.
Though, maps and locations for top and bottom part of continent are done, just nothing is scripted.

And just to be clear, middle part is covered by rectangle on the image.
There is still top, bottom and everything on the left and right.
Rieat_middle_manura.jpg

Reactions: Djackie

Yoshiiki

Game Developer
Nov 10, 2017
Did you draw that map yourself?
Just a minor nitpick but ... RIVERS DO NOT WORK THAT WAY!
Glad someone pointed that out. Yeah, those do have water in them, mainly salt one, but neither "lakes" nor "rivers" were formed naturally, pretty much same goes for rest of land.
Cracks and veins would be more accurate xP

HentaiBeater

Aug 11, 2018
Glad someone pointed that out. Yeah, those do have water in them, mainly salt one, but neither "lakes" nor "rivers" were formed naturally, pretty much same goes for rest of land.
Cracks and veins would be more accurate xP
ahh, so they're more like straits or channels.
And the "lakes" are actually small seas.

Yoshiiki

Game Developer
Nov 10, 2017
ahh, so they're more like straits or channels.
And the "lakes" are actually small seas.
Yup, so there is no natural formation that worked it's way millions of years to craft a river. That's why it may seem weird since it's all over the place. Well, there was natural one but that's part of the lore, so "what happened" side is not something I will say right now.

Also, there are few more weird details on that map that don't exactly add up and/or tell a little more. So far no one picked that up - good. :D

HentaiBeater

Aug 11, 2018
Tbh, I've seen worse fantasy maps. Like with continents in the shape of dragons and the like.
At least there's not a mountain range that forms a penis or something...

thevoid089

Forum Fanatic
Jan 29, 2020
Damnit, I just realized how much potential was wasted :(
Hi! I took a very liking to your game and feel sad that it was still being put "On Hold" for such a long time, so even though I know it was 4 month since your last comment I just want to ask how was the game development progress so far?

Reactions: Imisx
4.00 star(s) 3 Votes