• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

VN Ren'Py Penlight [v0.1614.1] [Angela DeMille]

3.10 star(s) 13 Votes

BaasB

Post Pro
Uploader
Respected User
Donor
Aug 5, 2018
Hi all!

For the last public release of the year we have a lovely new CG sequence starring Hiroko that I did as part of the development of one of her story branches. The "Gullible" route in which Kyou tricks his tennis nemesis into accepting some uncomfortable suggestions, making him believe that the influence he has over her mind is more powerful than it really is. The new art shows one of those suggestions in action in detail, and is sure to become another favorite among Penlight fans.

On the other hand, we have a couple more CGs made for existing lines, Robot and Doll, as well as a bit more writing for the Devotion story that I tried to write a new ending with. I was unsuccessful, but at least the foundations are already there.

And ... that's it for 2021! Enjoy the holidays and join me in the new year as I look forward to continuing to work at Penlight for as long as it takes!

Download

What's new?

• WRITING: Sa added new dialogue to the story of Hiroko Gullible (formerly called "Trickster"), in the decision in which Kyou thinks about stopping what he is doing, plus some rough sketch for an ending in this route
  • WRITING: A few tweaks and additions to the text of the existing Crédula route (previously called “Trickster”)
  • WRITING: Minor edits to the Robot story in the scene where the new CG appears
  • WRITING: The writing of an alternative ending for the Devotion line began, as a result of the choice "I still want you to be my girlfriend."
  • ART: Added a new CG for the story of Hiroko Gullible
  • ART: A new CG was added for the Robot story, on the fifth day
  • ART: Added a new CG for Sayori Doll story
  • LOCATION: Various editions and corrections to the existing text in Spanish
  • Credits updated with the latest backers
  • Minor spelling corrections

LonDonJohnSon

Feb 14, 2019
So is the "why is this on this site?" "no sexual content" tag still accurate?
I remain baffled at why this game has no sexual content. The entire premise is something that could have been drawn up with an AI crawling the requests posted to the Zone. I was surprised when it was brought here last year, I'm just confused at this point.

Grimm96

Apr 21, 2019
Wtf is this a mind control high school game with no fucking?

Why should I care that hypnosis bad if I don't get to experience the consequences for taking the easy way???

I mean you do you Dev but I really don't see what this brings to the table that most other games in the genre dont already do but better (or at least if they suck you can at least 'enjoy').

Also why the hell do the Characters age matter (for a high school setting) if were not going down a lewd route??
Again really don't mean to hate but I'm hella confused as most of the time this means that sexual content is in the game (at least on this site)

HiHoWolvo

Aug 18, 2017
Taken directly from the Discord's faq channel:

Will you be adding hentai scenes in the future?
Look, I get this a lot, and I'm well aware that it'd be a popular (and perhaps even profitable) thing to do, but I don't have any great desire to write explicit sexual encounters in this particular hypno erotica game. Please respect my creative choice here.

Don't really like the pure absence of sexual content either. Having a main character giving zero shits about consent but never having the thought of sex cross his mind makes him come across like he's got the mental faculties of a 9 year old. But y'know what I admire the decision not to sell out. Could be making more fans and more money but nah. I gotta respect someone who does things solely out of passion.

UnknowGuys

Jun 25, 2017

Look, I get this a lot, and I'm well aware that it'd be a popular (and perhaps even profitable) thing to do, but I don't have any great desire to write explicit sexual encounters in this particular hypno erotica game. Please respect my creative choice here.

Don't really like the pure absence of sexual content either. Having a main character giving zero shits about consent but never having the thought of sex cross his mind makes him come across like he's got the mental faculties of a 9 year old. But y'know what I admire the decision not to sell out. Could be making more fans and more money but nah. I gotta respect someone who does things solely out of passion.
But, but ..... You don't something you good for free

agregen

Oct 28, 2019
f95zone isnt for sex games, it's for adult content (there are a lot of games without sex content here, but with dark story, not suitable for teenagers/childrens)
That sound like probably most games released nowadays really. How come the “latest games” list seems to contain pretty much exclusively pron in that case?

862ian

Mar 21, 2021

And yet i still feel like given some of the options that it's more akin to "I want too but i can't now at this stage of development" Since at least one path has the option for Kyou to have some of the other character's strip/do things partially undressed. If the developer didn't want sex/sexual content in their game they would've shied away from this.

Although i still feel like once you dig deeper the story basically becomes broken due to it being reasonable that Kyou would know at least a couple of the issues. Ie. working to become a doctor, not wanting a romantic relationship, etc.

If it was like... "Oh she's trying to become a doctor but is obviously hurting herself far more than helping, i should try to assist." that would make his situation a little more bearable in my opinion.

MoolaMoona1

Jan 1, 2019
My largest gripe with this game is honestly that it game ends you for actually wanting to use mind control. Consequences are one thing, but it's like I'm reading the store about the world's unluckiest criminal, managing to rob a store that has an off-duty cop shopping in it, and immediately getting caught.

slowpersun

May 30, 2017
yeah, if by content you mean endless babling about how bad and evil hypnosis is.
Comment over 6 months old aand still accurate. I can't fault the game's dev entirely, since apparently this is their actual intended version of the game, but wow, surprisingly branching storyline from so few decisions that also contains surprisingly little nudity... I would ask if there is a walkthrough, but since it seems like there is no intention of adding a harem ending, what's the point? Play if for a few hours, be surprised how much of the game's content is gated by the initial binary decision, be entertained by a few of the weirder routes, and then move on.

3.10 star(s) 13 Votes