Others Pawn Pleasure : a Lewd Pawn Shop Simulator [Development Thread]

What interest you more in aspect of future game content?

• This gameplay idea is not interesting

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

adikt

Sep 8, 2018
Hi, I'm an IT professional who's been trying to build a game recently. Here to share what I build last week, and plan to gather some feedback and criticism. I'll try to keep the text here simple but as informative as I can. And apologize for my bad english.

Overview
This game is heavily influenced by a pawn shop simulator game called dealers life 2, with a twist for the lewd part. The gameplay loop revolve around running a pawn shop, the player will need to make profit by buy low and sell high. While haggling with the customers, the player will unlock more option to haggle (lewd part). Example: when the price the player set for the item is too high for the customer, the player can give the customer a "discount" in exchange for lewd moment.

Story
The player play as a male pawn shop owner in the current time and somehow sent to another world, where there's no male exist in that world. The player will make an acquaintance in this world, and act as the guide for the game. After some days surviving, and failing at that, the player decide to open his pawn shop in this world with some help from his only friend.
At the start, the player wouldn't be able to access the lewd part immediately, there will be event that trigger this feature unlock (ex: mc realizing the world doesn't have male).
There will be another plot after this but right now I'm focusing more on the core gameplay loop.

Planned Tags
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Planned Gameplay Feature
  • Pawn Shop Management (haggle, inventory, etc.)
  • Player and Customer Attribute. This will affect how well you haggle, how well you or customer know the price of an item, etc. How customer behave based on your offer.
  • Staff System
  • Auction
  • Garage Sale
Other info

Download

Other Links

Last edited:

Saint Blackmoor

Saint and Sinner
Donor
Oct 26, 2017
Hi there,

I played the demo and thought it had potential.
I would strongly advise using the Renpy engine. Al other engines lack something or other in this type of gaming.
Many players wont even try the game if it is not renpy, Unity comes in a far second to other engines.
In the pic you can see the buttons were cut off at the bottom.

I know your in the early stages. Good luck.

1233.jpg

Reactions: zerofreak and adikt

adikt

Sep 8, 2018
Hi there,

I played the demo and thought it had potential.
I would strongly advise using the Renpy engine. Al other engines lack something or other in this type of gaming.
Many players wont even try the game if it is not renpy, Unity comes in a far second to other engines.
In the pic you can see the buttons were cut off at the bottom.

I know your in the early stages. Good luck.

View attachment 3368948
Hi, thank you for trying the prototype and giving feedbacks. The engine I currently use is godot, initially I thought it will easier to build custom gameplay mechanic in general engine like godot/unity, but I'm gonna explore Renpy more.
For the clipped display, may I know what's your display resolution or aspect ratio? I think it's caused by me tinkering with the setting while learning the engine

• Hey there
Reactions: Saint Blackmoor

Saint Blackmoor

Saint and Sinner
Donor
Oct 26, 2017
Hi, My resolution is 1920 x 1080.
I think using Renpy would benefit you in the long run. You probably want to make another game after this, and Renpy is the most popular engine, meaning more players are playing. Many like myself won't even try "other" games.
I play Unity once in a while but never get too far for some technical issue with the game or the mechanics are odd.
Have you looked at the code in a renpy game?

Reactions: adikt

adikt

Sep 8, 2018
Hi, My resolution is 1920 x 1080.
I think using Renpy would benefit you in the long run. You probably want to make another game after this, and Renpy is the most popular engine, meaning more players are playing. Many like myself won't even try "other" games.
I play Unity once in a while but never get too far for some technical issue with the game or the mechanics are odd.
Have you looked at the code in a renpy game?
I tried learning renpy out of curiosity a few years ago, but I only delved into the most basic features of the engine and didn't explore much in scripting within the engine. I'm gonna need to check it out again before developing the game further, in the meantime I'll finish designing the core gameplay mechanic

EDIT: Found the source why it's clipped, I turned on the resolution override to 1080p to ease development process and forgot to turn it off. Fixed in new link

Last edited:
Reactions: Saint Blackmoor

adikt

Sep 8, 2018
Hi everyone, thank you for checking this post.

Here to post update for the prototype from the last month. Here's what have been added:
  • Added 15 customer variant sprite
  • Added random generation for customer name
  • Added procedural generation for customer and item they are selling
  • Added text based scene (for now) only for when the customer looking to buy
  • Added selling customer
  • Improved price estimation from player and customer
  • Improved haggling price from customer
  • Repeating day system
  • Added UI for Inventory (E on keyboard)
  • Added view item detail UI (click item at the "table")
prototype2.jpg

And here's the download link (WINDOWS):

Thank you again.
Oh also I decide to name the game Pawn Pleasure.

Last edited:

adikt

Sep 8, 2018
Another update post. (0.0.1)

Here's the changelog:
  • Added main menu
  • Added save/load system
  • Added prologue story(story only no cg at all)
  • Added some basic temporary UI theme

What's on the current development list:
  • Prologue AI CG
  • Character Stats Sheet
  • Customer Stats Sheet
Download (Windows):

I also set up a discord server(still need a lot of setup I think), here's the link for anyone interested.

Thank you for checking this thread

adikt

Sep 8, 2018
Small update post. (0.0.2)

Here's the changelog:
  • Added character sprite system in dialogue
  • Added character sprite for Cassia, and 3 expression for now (idle, happy, shy)
Current development list:
  • Prologue Scene CG
  • Character Stats Sheet
  • Customer Stats Sheet

Download (Windows):

Thank you for checking this thread

adikt

Sep 8, 2018
Hi everyone, small update for fixing some bugs, small polish, and new feature. (0.0.3)

Changelog:
  • Added buy/sell indicator for the current customer.
  • 19 New items (removed placeholder items used in previous versions)
  • New table texture (still bad, but still, no more flat color table)
  • Added Management Menu UI (Tab Key). Will be used for future menu/feature.
  • Added Player Sheet and upgrade status system.
  • Fixed haggling response bug (causing minus money)
  • Minor UI position fixes
  • Added some social buttons on main menu and prologue
  • Fixed discord link not working

Current Development List:
  • Customer Sheet
  • Scene CG

Download (Windows):

Thank you for checking the game.

adikt

Sep 8, 2018
Hello everyone, another post update. Scene system at the shop is still on design process, but some scene CG is added for prologue. I've also added some QoL function on dialogue, skip, hide, etc. There's a lot of refining my workflow for AI so there's not much improvement on the game side, but the refined workflow will surely help on future AI generation.

Changelog
  • Add customer stats dialogue (new button left of the OK button in the shop)
  • Add insight stats feature to see customer stats (higher insights, higher chance to see customer stats)
  • Add "delete item" from inventory
  • Add inventory item count and current limit
  • Add "Space" key to skip typing in dialogue (story only).
  • Add "CTRL" key to skip the dialogue line (story only).
  • Add "H" key to hide the dialogue balloon (story only). For scene purpose ✨
  • Add scene CG in prologue, total 3 cg (1 at the day 1, 2 at the day 2).
  • Add cassia sprite variant for lifting shirt.
  • Tweak customer patience when haggling, customer with higher impatience will leave your shop easily.
  • Added 5 new customer sprite variant

Development List:
  • Chat with cassia after shop hour
  • Scene replay function

Download (windows):

Thank you for checking this thread.

adikt

Sep 8, 2018
v0.0.5
Hi all, new update is here. And sadly, this update will break previous save, since I made some data structure change. I suggest to edit the new save file to kickstart your progress if you need it, I'll provide the instruction below, don't worry it's very simple to do. Anyway, here's the patch notes.

Changelog
  • Changed data structure to provide more compatibility with future version. **Save from previous version will break**, I'm sorry. To kickstart your new progress, I'll provide how to edit save file below.
  • Add customer sprite appearance data (will be used for defining customer appearance at the dialogue). For now it stores BWH measurements, hair length, style, and color.
  • Add after shop section, this section will be used to do side activities other than running the shop. Current planned activities: talking with Cassia (basic version done in this version), auction, and garage sale. Any suggestions for the activities are welcome.
  • Add "talk to Cassia" in after shop section. Currently also serve as "scene replay" for all scenes in prologue.
  • Add unlockable scene with cassia in "after shop"
  • Add currency formatting in UI

Next Development List:
  • More customer dialogue variant at the shop
  • Integrate customer appearance to dialogue

Download:
Windows:

lewdstufflmao

May 25, 2023
I think its a good concept, tho unless your planning on making actual animations or live 2d for the customers and staff Im not sure that it will stand out among the mess of rpgm and renpy clones.

Reactions: adikt

adikt

Sep 8, 2018
I think its a good concept, tho unless your planning on making actual animations or live 2d for the customers and staff Im not sure that it will stand out among the mess of rpgm and renpy clones.
Thank you, and you are right, it is something that I should consider. Currently I'm still exploring the cost to make those assets while learning what tools available out there regarding live2d and 2d animation.

Thank you good sir!

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Lerd0

adikt

Sep 8, 2018
0.0.6 Hotfix

This version address some major bugs introduced in previous version. No new content added
Windows:

adikt

Sep 8, 2018
v0.0.7

Hello everyone, here for another weekly update. I've been testing new workflow and model for the AI art generation, since there's new customer sprite in this update, you may notice an obvious style change because of this new model, still tinkering with it to make it look more like the style before.

Changelog:
  • Integrate customer appearance to the shop dialogue
  • Add dialogue and scene variation to customer dialogue that refer their appearance
  • Add customer outfit, new customer will made with multiple outfit which will be picked randomly when they are generated. Current customer outfit also already integrated to dialogue but there's no dialogue that using this yet.
  • Add 5 new customer with 59 variant in total.
  • Bugfix: customer scene dialogue variation playing at the same time

Next Week Development List:
  • More customer variant
  • More dialogue integration with customer appearance and outfit
  • Customer outfit blacklist system to prevent them from showing in shop
  • All customer outfit preview in customer detail panel
  • Event System in shop (If I still got the time lol)

Download:

adikt

Sep 8, 2018
v0.0.8

Hi everyone, I've been busy with something else this week so I couldn't finished the development target from last week. Will try to continue the dev progress this week though, also the development progress will slow down since my full time job need me to work from office starting next month, so a lot of my time will be spent on the transport.
Changelog:
  • All customer outfit preview in customer detail panel. Customer outfit will be unlockable in future.
  • New customer.
  • Add option menu for fullscreen and volume slider for master, music, and sound effect.
  • Add music on shop.
  • Add option to pay extra money on selling customer for scene (same as buying customer, and also still same scene, text based).
  • Add a a little customer outfit integration to chat: If they already naked and asked to undress they will respond differently
  • Add sound when obtaining money, and change the sound when using the money at the shop.
  • Fix: resize customer from v0.0.7 that appear too big/close compared to other customer
  • Fix: broken discord link
Next Week Development List:
  • Customer outfit blacklist system to prevent them from showing in shop, or vice versa, to unlock the outfit, still not decided.
  • Event System in shop
  • Replace old customer with the new customer type (multiple outfit)