• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Ren'Py Patron incest question (Re-marry then disowned)

hypnoaddict

Jan 9, 2021
I want to monetize my game on patron as I think that is the most popular option but with my story I'm trying to write I need to find a might alternative method.

To sum up the story MC biological mother died. Dad remarries and MC has step-mother and step-sisters. (I read that step-relations is also banned on patron?). It's a revenge type story where step-mom kills/steals everything MC's dad owns then kicks MC out. (Step-mother for a few years). If MC plans to get revenge and have sex with step-mother after being disown does that still count as incest on patron?

I don't think the story would work if I make the step-mother a land lady or let user define relation since she's going to become a step-mother by marring into MC's family. The only other option I can see is to call it a partnership between two company (MC dad and step-mom's family both own big company, reason for marriage) would that work?

So is there any way to get past this besides changing the story or not using patron?

Also this game will have a lot of taking control of daughter and having sex with their mother does that count as incest?

Last edited:
Reactions: Renx26

Weasel_Face

Sep 16, 2020
Do what everybody else does by making them landlady/roommates and allow users to define custom relationships.
See Limitless for an example.

Last edited:

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
If MC plans to get revenge and have sex with step-mother after being disown does that still count as incest on patron?
Still incest.

Also, be careful with "revenge" it can be seen as rape and rape isn't allowed on Patreon either.

or let user define relation
Define relationship is the worst way to create an incest patch because it will make your dialogues unreadable and turn your entire story into a big mess.

There is a "swap and replace" incest patch that allows you to replace entire text blocks from your dialogues to your preferred version. Works with choices and images too. The major problem with that method is that you will have to write two different sets of dialogues for every "incest" scene.

hypnoaddict

Jan 9, 2021
Still incest.

Also, be careful with "revenge" it can be seen as rape and rape isn't allowed on Patreon either.

Define relationship is the worst way to create an incest patch because it will make your dialogues unreadable and turn your entire story into a big mess.

There is a "swap and replace" incest patch that allows you to replace entire text blocks from your dialogues to your preferred version. Works with choices and images too. The major problem with that method is that you will have to write two different sets of dialogues for every "incest" scene.
MC will get powers similar to mind control so there will be no rape in the story.

Also after reading some more post I think the best way would be for me to say it will be a partnership between two companies to avoid incest/writing another script/patch. Cohabitation between two partners.

My biggest issue is some plans I have for the game might not work as well after reading a bit more. Since i wanted to make this game where MC gets revenge on the whole city and takes over (Similar to takeover and corruption)

1. MC becomes a Highschool teacher to take over the school (Patron doesn't like girls under the age of 18?)
2. MC saves a rape victim (does it count as rape if i said she got raped before?)
3. A lot of scenes where MC has his way with daughter and mother (is this considered incest if i make a threesome scene?)
4. How did such a big game like corruption get away with what it did on patron?

Last edited:

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
1. MC becomes a Highschool teacher to take over the school (Patron doesn't like girls under the age of 18?)
Highschool setting is a no-go same as girls under the age of 18. This includes 300 year old vampire or any characters that may or looks like an "loli".
2. MC saves a rape victim (does it count as rape if i said she got raped before?)
As long as you don't show the actual rape scene.
3. A lot of scenes where MC has his way with daughter and mother (is this considered incest if i make a threesome scene?)
Yes.
4. How did such a big game like corruption get away with what it did on patron?
Corruption flies under their radar because his Patreon account is old and no one reported him.

MissFortune

I Was Once, Possibly, Maybe, Perhaps… A Harem King
Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
Highschool setting is a no-go same as girls under the age of 18
I actually contacted Patreon on this as they mention little to nothing on it anywhere. High School setting is fine if characters are visibly adult emotionally and psychically. Steam is the one that has an issue with it.

MC will get powers similar to mind control so there will be no rape in the story.
Mind control is viewed as rape by some, so careful with how you approach with that one.

MC saves a rape victim (does it count as rape if i said she got raped before?)
I'd also be careful with this one. Not for Patreon, but for the entitled leeches that come around saying "I d0nT wAnT mY wAiFu DeFiLed!", "rApE iS NtR.". Your LI, or any possible fling has to be pure, innocent virgin that knows little to nothing about sex otherwise they'll throw a tantrum. /s

Do you mean saving a girl from a rapist or 'saving' a girl from the trauma of her rape? The latter one is tricky and likely won't turn out well if you don't write it well.

hypnoaddict

Jan 9, 2021
I actually contacted Patreon on this as they mention little to nothing on it anywhere. High School setting is fine if characters are visibly adult emotionally and psychically. Steam is the one that has an issue with it.

Mind control is viewed as rape by some, so careful with how you approach with that one.

I'd also be careful with this one. Not for Patreon, but for the entitled leeches that come around saying "I d0nT wAnT mY wAiFu DeFiLed!", "rApE iS NtR.". Your LI, or any possible fling has to be pure, innocent virgin that knows little to nothing about sex otherwise they'll throw a tantrum. /s

Do you mean saving a girl from a rapist or 'saving' a girl from the trauma of her rape? The latter one is tricky and likely won't turn out well if you don't write it well.
I meant as saving a girl from the trauma of being raped. (Well MC in my story is super evil so it was going to be take advantage of it) But I will tread carefully, maybe even scraping the idea as it was just a WIP in my many list of ideas. Thanks for the head up on the Highschool, I really wanted to keep that idea as MC becomes a teacher when only being a student due to his powers.

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
Better be safe than sorry. We both know that Patreon's word means nothing and that they can change their rules at any time.

MissFortune

I Was Once, Possibly, Maybe, Perhaps… A Harem King
Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
Better be safe than sorry. We both know that Patreon's word means nothing and that they can change their rules at any time.
Oh, for sure. I agree. I was just saying that you could do it, I just wouldn't be tight roping/sitting on the fringe of their rules.

Reactions: cold_arctus

Alcahest

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
Incest on Patreon is not only a question of their biological relations but also their family relations. If the stepmother is someone the MC doesn't know, hardly have met before, and they will not live together as a family, and there is no taboo incest vibe when you describe their interactions, then Patreon should allow it. But as soon as you use the stepmother relationship to add some taboo to it, you're into incest territory. You could contact Patreon and ask about the specific story you had in mind, if they will allow it.

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
Patreon rules left some place for exceptions to their bans. If it's for the purpose of the story, and not something recurring, you can put banned content in the game ; this even more if it's not an act from the MC or one of the main character. Anyway, as you present it, there's no rape but an attempt of rape.
Make the scene so the MC will intervene when the girl half naked on the ground, begging for pity, while the rapist is also half naked, ready to go. The near to come rape will be obvious, the MC will save the girl, but technically there's no rape in the game. Just an "attempt of" that serve the purpose of the story.

I guess that it's due to the fact that Steam is less US centered than Patreon.
It's not rare in the USA that college juniors are 20yo or more, what make high school students being 18yo/19yo believable and is the reason why it pass on Patreon. But Steam have a more world wide vision, and it happen that in most of the world college juniors are 17yo/18yo, what make any high school students being obviously underage.
Be noted that it's also the reason why most of US authors use a high school setting. For them it's where you found 18yo/19yo girls.

Anyway it's not rape that is banned by Patreon, but none "consensual sex".
While in real life rape is the only way to have none consensual sex, in the fantasy settings where games take place, there's more content that can fall under this category ; mind control being part of it. Therefore, all while rely on the writing of the story.
If the MC use hypnosis to ease the girl mind, it should be seen as consensual. The MC don't force her into sex, it just help her get rid of her doubts ; by example, "No, I'm a faithful married woman ! But well, my husband is supposed to be a faithful married man and cheat since years... Ok, let's have sex". But if the MC use hypnosis to make the girl unable to resist, it will risk to be seen as none consensual.
In fact most of the difference depend how you'll write the girl after the act. She can have some remorse, regretting to have gave in her lust, but that's all. If she hate what she did, or worse hate the MC because of what she did, it will be seen as none consensual.

Reactions: cold_arctus

abhi1180

Sep 12, 2018
I want to monetize my game on patron as I think that is the most popular option but with my story I'm trying to write I need to find a might alternative method.

To sum up the story MC biological mother died. Dad remarries and MC has step-mother and step-sisters. (I read that step-relations is also banned on patron?). It's a revenge type story where step-mom kills/steals everything MC's dad owns then kicks MC out. (Step-mother for a few years). If MC plans to get revenge and have sex with step-mother after being disown does that still count as incest on patron?

I don't think the story would work if I make the step-mother a land lady or let user define relation since she's going to become a step-mother by marring into MC's family. The only other option I can see is to call it a partnership between two company (MC dad and step-mom's family both own big company, reason for marriage) would that work?

So is there any way to get past this besides changing the story or not using patron?

Also this game will have a lot of taking control of daughter and having sex with their mother does that count as incest?
Do one thing my friend and that is try to eliminate some negative emotions and events like step mom killed his Dad instead of that make it like His Dad died because of some illness and his rival in business not step mom took over his business and send MC away to another country when he was a kid to a boarding school with 1 percent or 2 percent of his dad property which was just enough to survive nothing else but during his stay in boarding he accidently came in contact with some supernatural beings (MIND control) and started practicing it and eventually grown up to be a handsome and cunning man . He then got admission in college in the same country where he once lived with his father happily and luxuriously everything came to his mind as he step foot in his country and he started thinking of how to take back what was rightfully his and he was about to give up when all of a sudden he came to know that one of the daughter of his dad business rival studies in the same college and now he uses his charm and mind control abilities to find out who it is he will use mind control on the college staff which will lead to many hardcore sex scenes with them like POV facefuck and deepthroat and others you can think of and then after finding who that girl is he will have control of her and will gradually gain access to her family members and that is his dad business rival and will take over both the companies and in the process there will be a lot of male domination sex scenes with the daughter and there mother......

Reactions: hypnoaddict

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
(I read that step-relations is also banned on patron?)
If you're familiar with Patreon's guidelines, you'd know that incest isn't allowed. But according to Patreon's Trust & Safety team, even implications of incest aren't allowed. Dialogue such as "You're like a sister to me." or "We're like a family." are now against the TOS. Of course, blackmail and non-consent content were also brought up.
This was posted by the dev of Power Vacuum after his game got reported.

hypnoaddict

Jan 9, 2021
Do one thing my friend and that is try to eliminate some negative emotions and events like step mom killed his Dad instead of that make it like His Dad died because of some illness and his rival in business not step mom took over his business and send MC away to another country when he was a kid to a boarding school with 1 percent or 2 percent of his dad property which was just enough to survive nothing else but during his stay in boarding he accidently came in contact with some supernatural beings (MIND control) and started practicing it and eventually grown up to be a handsome and cunning man . He then got admission in college in the same country where he once lived with his father happily and luxuriously everything came to his mind as he step foot in his country and he started thinking of how to take back what was rightfully his and he was about to give up when all of a sudden he came to know that one of the daughter of his dad business rival studies in the same college and now he uses his charm and mind control abilities to find out who it is he will use mind control on the college staff which will lead to many hardcore sex scenes with them like POV facefuck and deepthroat and others you can think of and then after finding who that girl is he will have control of her and will gradually gain access to her family members and that is his dad business rival and will take over both the companies and in the process there will be a lot of male domination sex scenes with the daughter and there mother......
Good idea, In my story it has 4 major company and one was "eaten up" and MC's family and "step-mom's" family has to reply with marriage in order to compete. So i'm probably going to rewrite it as a partnership between the company, instead of being a marriage. And MC doesn't live but visits them often as a child. When father dies of mysterious illness the mother's company takes everything but has to take in MC as he's still a child, but the living condition is very poor and he is mistreated. Grows ups, gets powers, revenge, etc.

Reactions: abhi1180

abhi1180

Sep 12, 2018
Good idea, In my story it has 4 major company and one was "eaten up" and MC's family and "step-mom's" family has to reply with marriage in order to compete. So i'm probably going to rewrite it as a partnership between the company, instead of being a marriage. And MC doesn't live but visits them often as a child. When father dies of mysterious illness the mother's company takes everything but has to take in MC as he's still a child, but the living condition is very poor and he is mistreated. Grows ups, gets powers, revenge, etc.
your idea is good too and it will lead to faster story progression but no use of words like step mom because patreon is bullshitting with rules....

Ifartedtoolong

Feb 27, 2022
Even if you change the characters relations it doesn't mean that people like me will not edit and change character names - ages - relations and other things back to the way they were suppose to be. I add incest to my games all the time even when no ones related.

Alcahest

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
You can't have the MC live with the stepmom as a child, or at any time, in something that resembles a family. As soon as you establish a family-like relationship with the stepmom, Patreon views it as incest.

hypnoaddict

Jan 9, 2021
You can't have the MC live with the stepmom as a child, or at any time, in something that resembles a family. As soon as you establish a family-like relationship with the stepmom, Patreon views it as incest.
I was going to do it as the same building. Like the "step-mom" family owns a company building and MC was put into the basement after dad dies with no more connection than that.