Unity Completed Party With Friends [Final] [Lesson of Passion]

Yevaud6

Aug 25, 2016
Is it just me or does it seem a little lower quality visual-wise than most LOP? Mine's slightly pixulated or blurry. I know it's free, why complain. Just an observation in case I have a setting or aspect ratio wrong that I can correct.

mazariah

Apr 27, 2017
I know this was just a bonus game so I wasn't expecting Living with Temptation level content but this is just further adding to the point that LOP has really lost their touch. I can't remember if it was this thread or one of the request threads but someone said Daman is writing a lot of these games now and he's not the best writer and I really agree something about his stories are just lacking. Disappointed by these games since the art is so good, but the art being good doesn't matter when all the sex scenes are one position with three speeds. I'd almost rather they go back to the LwT art style because that game every sex scene had multiple different positions and speeds to choose from.

Quintus_Quake

Sep 29, 2017
I don't understand why they spend their time on this rather than their big games
While I don't know for certain, my guess is that right now, LOP is just throwing everything at the wall just to see what sticks. A lot of Leonizers recent behaviour smells a bit of desperation and my guess is that LOP isn't as lucrative as it once was.

Don't get me wrong, I still think the business is taking in a lot of money, but I do think there's been a fall in their revenue. Their blog is nowhere near as active as it once was. A year ago, a thread announcing a new game would crack 300+ comments, now it barely passes 150... and when it does, half the comments is made by ONE person). That kind of signifies a drop in their consumer base.

All the things Leonizer is rolling out (the weekly pics, the smaller games, new monthly add-ons, increased cybersecurity, etc.) seems like a hastily put-together effort to increase or at least maintain current subscriber numbers.

Of course this is just me guessing... I could be totally wrong.

Quintus_Quake

Sep 29, 2017
I know this was just a bonus game so I wasn't expecting Living with Temptation level content but this is just further adding to the point that LOP has really lost their touch. I can't remember if it was this thread or one of the request threads but someone said Daman is writing a lot of these games now and he's not the best writer and I really agree something about his stories are just lacking. Disappointed by these games since the art is so good, but the art being good doesn't matter when all the sex scenes are one position with three speeds. I'd almost rather they go back to the LwT art style because that game every sex scene had multiple different positions and speeds to choose from.
I made a comment about that and yeah, I agree 100% with what you're saying.

Reactions: mazariah

n3rd8806

Aug 14, 2017
While I don't know for certain, my guess is that right now, LOP is just throwing everything at the wall just to see what sticks. A lot of Leonizers recent behaviour smells a bit of desperation and my guess is that LOP isn't as lucrative as it once was.

Don't get me wrong, I still think the business is taking in a lot of money, but I do think there's been a fall in their revenue. Their blog is nowhere near as active as it once was. A year ago, a thread announcing a new game would crack 300+ comments, now it barely passes 150... and when it does, half the comments is made by ONE person). That kind of signifies a drop in their consumer base.

All the things Leonizer is rolling out (the weekly pics, the smaller games, new monthly add-ons, increased cybersecurity, etc.) seems like a hastily put-together effort to increase or at least maintain current subscriber numbers.

Of course this is just me guessing... I could be totally wrong.
^ This. I believe the rise in Patreon-sponsored adult games has taken a huge hit on LOP/S&Gs market share. They used to go months and months and months (or maybe it just felt like that to me) without having any new content, whereas the Patreon model at least allows for iterative releases to a game (as shitty as those updates may be, they at least appear, and there's something to show for the time/money you spent).

When you give $20/month on Patreon, you feel like you're supporting the developer (which is more personal). When you give $20/month to LOP, you're buying a product from a company (less personal). LOP is trying to incentivize people to stick around every month by attempting to release smaller monthly content, but as we're seeing, that hurts the general image of quality we've come to expect from the company...

IMHO:
I would think LOP would be better off moving away from a subscription model, and to a more product model. Keep PlayForceOne going for smaller games to keep people interested in the brand, but sell the bigger games individually (like they did for Blind Date). This would give them (hopefully larger) influxes of cash, and then they could productize more things for extreme 'fans', like releasing walkthroughs or special images for people who buy the 'Collectors' or 'Premium' version of a game. This is the more traditionally video game model, and it still works for a reason.

In any event, I love most LOP games, and do like the brand they've created. But as with life: You must either Adapt or Die!

mazariah

Apr 27, 2017
^ This. I believe the rise in Patreon-sponsored adult games has taken a huge hit on LOP/S&Gs market share. They used to go months and months and months (or maybe it just felt like that to me) without having any new content, whereas the Patreon model at least allows for iterative releases to a game (as shitty as those updates may be, they at least appear, and there's something to show for the time/money you spent).

When you give $20/month on Patreon, you feel like you're supporting the developer (which is more personal). When you give $20/month to LOP, you're buying a product from a company (less personal). LOP is trying to incentivize people to stick around every month by attempting to release smaller monthly content, but as we're seeing, that hurts the general image of quality we've come to expect from the company...

IMHO:
I would think LOP would be better off moving away from a subscription model, and to a more product model. Keep PlayForceOne going for smaller games to keep people interested in the brand, but sell the bigger games individually (like they did for Blind Date). This would give them (hopefully larger) influxes of cash, and then they could productize more things for extreme 'fans', like releasing walkthroughs or special images for people who buy the 'Collectors' or 'Premium' version of a game. This is the more traditionally video game model, and it still works for a reason.

In any event, I love most LOP games, and do like the brand they've created. But as with life: You must either Adapt or Die!
The subscription based model is very much part of the problem. There's no incentive to subscribe during off periods. You also have to look at the content they've been putting out. The Living with Temptation expansion came out and they were on top of the world from what I recall. They then put out Dignity One, which wasn't well received, and Story of Didi which wasn't looked well upon since that game was initially a free game then then became a Gold game with a few add ons. City of Love expansion, Seducing the Throne, and Living with Serena expansions were all fairly well received following the two hiccups. I'd go as far to say the Living with Serena expansion, was their last truly great game. Plus Sensual Haunting was a fantastic S&G game if we're going to include them as well. Seriously, Leo, if you read these forums, make an expansion of Sensual Haunting.

Anyway then you get into Eleanor 2 and LwT2. Eleanor 2 never managed to live up to the expectations and the game felt off imo. I was never a big fan of Eleanor 1 to be honest, Eleanor being insanely sexy was probably what kept me playing, but I found the gameplay of that one annoying, so Eleanor 2 felt like a huge step down. And then Living with Temptation 2 happened. I recall LwT2 was actually going to be a second expansion to the first LwT and that was what I wanted since I loved that game and I felt like there was more you could do it with it, but they elected for a sequel instead. And to me the sequel fell flat. It was too short, there was nothing interesting to work towards since everyone already wanted to fuck you from the last game. It just lacked the heart and the satisfaction of the first one. To me, making it a direct sequel rather than an expansion was the biggest mistake of the company and it's been downhill from there.

From there Lily in Hawaii and Club Velvet Rose are fun yet unremarkable, Jacob's Rebound and Living with a Nympho are not memorable at all, Snake Valley was also meh, and Pledge I haven't played but no one seemed to care for. So my long winded point here is, yes the subscription model is hurting them, but also the rapidly declining quality is a big factor as well. The writing is boring. The sex scenes are mostly one position. It's a shame I love those old games but if they don't fix stuff they're going die out fast. If they announced an expansion to the first LwT or Sensual Haunting I'd be so hyped and it would make me like these games again.

Quintus_Quake

Sep 29, 2017
The subscription based model is very much part of the problem. There's no incentive to subscribe during off periods. You also have to look at the content they've been putting out. The Living with Temptation expansion came out and they were on top of the world from what I recall. They then put out Dignity One, which wasn't well received, and Story of Didi which wasn't looked well upon since that game was initially a free game then then became a Gold game with a few add ons. City of Love expansion, Seducing the Throne, and Living with Serena expansions were all fairly well received following the two hiccups. I'd go as far to say the Living with Serena expansion, was their last truly great game. Plus Sensual Haunting was a fantastic S&G game if we're going to include them as well. Seriously, Leo, if you read these forums, make an expansion of Sensual Haunting.

Anyway then you get into Eleanor 2 and LwT2. Eleanor 2 never managed to live up to the expectations and the game felt off imo. I was never a big fan of Eleanor 1 to be honest, Eleanor being insanely sexy was probably what kept me playing, but I found the gameplay of that one annoying, so Eleanor 2 felt like a huge step down. And then Living with Temptation 2 happened. I recall LwT2 was actually going to be a second expansion to the first LwT and that was what I wanted since I loved that game and I felt like there was more you could do it with it, but they elected for a sequel instead. And to me the sequel fell flat. It was too short, there was nothing interesting to work towards since everyone already wanted to fuck you from the last game. It just lacked the heart and the satisfaction of the first one. To me, making it a direct sequel rather than an expansion was the biggest mistake of the company and it's been downhill from there.

From there Lily in Hawaii and Club Velvet Rose are fun yet unremarkable, Jacob's Rebound and Living with a Nympho are not memorable at all, Snake Valley was also meh, and Pledge I haven't played but no one seemed to care for. So my long winded point here is, yes the subscription model is hurting them, but also the rapidly declining quality is a big factor as well. The writing is boring. The sex scenes are mostly one position. It's a shame I love those old games but if they don't fix stuff they're going die out fast. If they announced an expansion to the first LwT or Sensual Haunting I'd be so hyped and it would make me like these games again.
Agreed. Though Leonizer is trying to remodel the subscription to reward customers who stay continually subscribed rather than just buy a month when a new game hits. He's putting out a "base" Eleanor 3 and then adding smaller bits of content over the following months... but to me that doesn't make sense. Why would I subscribe when the base game is released and then stay subscribed when I can just wait half a year for all the add-ons to be released and then buy a 1 month subscription and play the full game? I know Eleanor is a popular game (god knows why, I thought E1 was okay and 2 was horrendous), but are people really so eager to play it that they can't just hold their money for a couple of months and then get the full experience? Is that what Leonizer is hedging his bets on?

As for the other things added, the weekly pics and the bonus games: I've seen the pics LOP are putting out every friday and boy, they are NOT worth a subscription. The bonus games are as short as their free games and rather boring. And then there's Leo cracking down on piracy, as if that'll increase his subscriber count.

Yeah, LOP was at the top of the erotic game world with the release of the LWT expansion and I would also have just preferred to get yet another expansion rather than a sequel that took years to make but seems like it was written in a couple of days. Such a letdown. For me Living with Serena is almost as good as LWT. But that's about it. City of Love, Seducing the Throne and Club Velvet Rose were okay, but nothing more and the rest I barely remember. Lily in Hawaii was pretty terrible though. Visuals were amazing, but the writing (and that fucking music!) was just too much for me to stomach. And Dignity One... what a waste of time and money... for both LOP and the consumers.

Don't know about Pledge, but after finding out that Daman is the writer, I'm no longer really interested.

Reactions: Lara

gokublack_one

Jun 10, 2017
From there Lily in Hawaii and Club Velvet Rose are fun yet unremarkable, Jacob's Rebound and Living with a Nympho are not memorable at all, Snake Valley was also meh, and Pledge I haven't played but no one seemed to care for
You're quite wrong because Living with a Nympho and Pledge are great compared to other games they released in the recent time.

mazariah

Apr 27, 2017
Agreed. Though Leonizer is trying to remodel the subscription to reward customers who stay continually subscribed rather than just buy a month when a new game hits. He's putting out a "base" Eleanor 3 and then adding smaller bits of content over the following months... but to me that doesn't make sense. Why would I subscribe when the base game is released and then stay subscribed when I can just wait half a year for all the add-ons to be released and then buy a 1 month subscription and play the full game? I know Eleanor is a popular game (god knows why, I thought E1 was okay and 2 was horrendous), but are people really so eager to play it that they can't just hold their money for a couple of months and then get the full experience? Is that what Leonizer is hedging his bets on?

As for the other things added, the weekly pics and the bonus games: I've seen the pics LOP are putting out every friday and boy, they are NOT worth a subscription. The bonus games are as short as their free games and rather boring. And then there's Leo cracking down on piracy, as if that'll increase his subscriber count.

Yeah, LOP was at the top of the erotic game world with the release of the LWT expansion and I would also have just preferred to get yet another expansion rather than a sequel that took years to make but seems like it was written in a couple of days. Such a letdown. For me Living with Serena is almost as good as LWT. But that's about it. City of Love, Seducing the Throne and Club Velvet Rose were okay, but nothing more and the rest I barely remember. Lily in Hawaii was pretty terrible though. Visuals were amazing, but the writing (and that fucking music!) was just too much for me to stomach. And Dignity One... what a waste of time and money... for both LOP and the consumers.

Don't know about Pledge, but after finding out that Daman is the writer, I'm no longer really interested.
Yeah Living with Serena is my second favorite game of their's below LwT. Which is funny because I didn't care for LwS pre expansion, but adding those two new girls to seduce along with more Serena content really made that game incredible. And I remember that post about E3 that sounds awful. They did with E2 as well, adding small content expansions every once in a while. The first expansion they released they admitted was basically completed when the initial version came out, so why not just release the full game? It's so ridiculous. Lily in Hawaii is kind of a guilty pleasure because I think it was one of the first to use the new graphics and I really like how they look, and I thought the story was fun. Husband was kind of a dick so it amused me to cheat behind his back lol. But it was way too short I wish it had been a full game that used the 30 day format.

You're quite wrong because Living with a Nympho and Pledge are great compared to other games they released in the recent time.
I'll admit to not having played Pledge because no one has been able to crack it yet, but having seen the CG rips it looks like nothing special. And it was mostly lesbian too which I don't mind but I'd prefer a little of both. LwN I only played about 2-3 times and found it pretty uninspiring. I really like the Jazz character from the House Party game, but this one didn't do it for me. Everything felt like a hassle.

Reactions: Quintus_Quake