ADRIFT Completed Part 1 of the Himeros Trilogy: Himeros Hotel [v1.04] [Seztworks]

2.80 star(s) 5 Votes

Sezt

Game Developer
Dec 9, 2017
I can't ask Scruffy about fixing up my room after Celeste telling me to do so. Any ideas on how to get around this? The walkthough doesn't specify what the pre-requisites are.
Lets see if I can remember :) You need to have 1000+ credits and having had two events with scruffy in your room in the morning (think at 9 o'clock) . It must likely is the missing events since they can be easily missed by normal play. Let me know if that was it.

DanT

Nov 25, 2017
I've been following the walkthrough linked in the first post, but it seems to "break" at day 24. It tells me to go to the restaurant first thing in the morning (I assume for an event with Morgan) but nothing triggers for me. I assume it has something to do with asking scruffy about rats since that's the next thing on the walkthrough.

I've been toying around on my own for a bit, but can't seem to figure how to advance that questline...

Reactions: masterroshi123

muttdoggy

Dogerator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2016
when i download it from the patreon page chrome says virus detected and deletes the folder , what should i do? is there really virus in the folder?
You would have to disable the av temporarily, keep adrift files in its own folder and then add that folder of adrift games to an exclusion. Once downloaded, extract it to the adrift folder then turn the av back on.

Edited..
Don't forget to delete the zip file and empty the trash before turning av back on. Unless you save the zip files on an external, then add the exclusion. If you use any other pcs, make sure you turn the av off when connecting the external and then add the folder to exclusion then turn the av on.

Sezt

Game Developer
Dec 9, 2017
I've been following the walkthrough linked in the first post, but it seems to "break" at day 24. It tells me to go to the restaurant first thing in the morning (I assume for an event with Morgan) but nothing triggers for me. I assume it has something to do with asking scruffy about rats since that's the next thing on the walkthrough.

I've been toying around on my own for a bit, but can't seem to figure how to advance that questline...
Those events can be tricky. First you need to have had the event with Morgan at midnight that involves Fray. Next it needs to be at 6 o'clock so if you overslept slightly or showered it won't trigger. Let me know if this works or we can dive a bit deeper :)

n0rinor1N0R1

Apr 6, 2018
the walkthrough you included mentioned something along the lines of sharing pictures with scruffy on day 25? It's not particularly clear what I'm supposed to do. After asking scruffy about rats and searching for all the holes, the events kinda seem to stop and I'm not able to ask celeste for any tools, or trigger any other event thereafter.

KingsRaiden

Engaged Member
Jan 4, 2017
If I remember this game correctly, a lot of it is timing the events. You often need to wander through the rooms and interact with a character at the right time to get the events moving again; sometimes they give you hints when you do so. Overall with the small map and number of characters that's not too onerous.

Sezt

Game Developer
Dec 9, 2017
the walkthrough you included mentioned something along the lines of sharing pictures with scruffy on day 25? It's not particularly clear what I'm supposed to do. After asking scruffy about rats and searching for all the holes, the events kinda seem to stop and I'm not able to ask celeste for any tools, or trigger any other event thereafter.
The lead in event requires that you have gotten your hands on a new coffee machine for the lounge and the large computer upgrade. That should trigger an event when Scruffy is alone in the lounge where he requests more pictures but is afraid of Celeste.
Since you should have seen taylor naked by that point you already have the images. One of the commands to share the images with him is "share pictures" or "share taylor".

n0rinor1N0R1

Apr 6, 2018
The lead in event requires that you have gotten your hands on a new coffee machine for the lounge and the large computer upgrade.
Yea I don't quite have the new coffee machine. I spoke to taylor about it on day 24 but then she said something about "not wanting to get on the bosses bad side". Was I supposed to go further here?

Sezt

Game Developer
Dec 9, 2017
Right. That is the trouble with non liniar stuff :) There must be something missing from the walkthrough if you have followed that. There are a couple of ways to get the coffee machine. You can order one from Celeste if you have money or be friendly enough with Taylor. This requires that you have done a number of work shifts for her in the basement.

Sezt

Game Developer
Dec 9, 2017
Do you have anything in the display list? Command "cd"

DanT

Nov 25, 2017
Those events can be tricky. First you need to have had the event with Morgan at midnight that involves Fray. Next it needs to be at 6 o'clock so if you overslept slightly or showered it won't trigger. Let me know if this works or we can dive a bit deeper :)
My problem, I think, is that I'm missing this midnight event with Morgan and Frey. I don't think the walkthrough mentions it and after trying to trigger it on my own now that I know about it, I couldn't get it to trigger either.

EDIT: nvm, I was being an idiot and misreading the walkthrough. I totally missed the order to go to the roof at 23 on day 23. Sorry for the trouble, I got it to work now

Sezt

Game Developer
Dec 9, 2017
Every event has multiple requirements. Next step is for you to send me your L: number (the last number on your UI bar at the bottom) in a PM and I can find your problem. Everything is so interconnected that when you somehow miss one event that can lead to blocks that seem unrelated.

Bacher

Dec 4, 2017
Hello, is there a command list somewhere or a better menu when right clicking to navigate and talk to people and to perform the actions.. or maybe an update where you type the needed command after the dialogue so we dont have to guess.. like if i want to talk to a person i need to type "ask about job" again after the first time using it and it took some time to understand that, "Talk to" didnt work :D.. i would recommend using Rags instead for this kind of games as it makes the gameplay more simple, better menus and can have more menus, i like menus :)

oh and there was an error when i started the game but i pressed continue and it worked anyway

Sezt

Game Developer
Dec 9, 2017
Thanks for the interest in the game. Most commands are listed if you write "help". Most keywords will be listed when looking at the display with the command "cd". I also go through them all in the walkthrough.
I am halfway through the trilogy and at this point it is to late to change platform. If I do more games after these it will most likely be on a different platform :)

Reactions: Bacher

DarkDemon

Apr 25, 2017
i cant get to share pictures with scruffy on day 25 as mentioned in the walkthrough in blue and after that non of the other events trigger properly.
is there anyway to trigger sharing taylor's pictures ?

ElMario

Jul 16, 2017
Hey Sezt, nice to see you here.
I first discovered HHotel a couple of years ago in the Lagoon. I really enjoyed it, despite the aforementioned "use the correct vocabulary" issue.
I didn´t have a walkthrough at the time, so I was scanning the Lagoon forum for people with similar "progress indicator number thingy" than mine, for clues.
The most frustrating part for me, was the "room hunting". That part where "even if you met all the required criteria, you have to enter some especific room at an especific time" for the game to move on. It also makes the replayability "not great". For me, it´s one and done.
I remember using a macro to sweep every room in order to find that trigger.
I was a patreon of yours for a minute there too. And played an early version of HHaven. I´m looking forward to see it finished, and give it one complete playthrough.

And when the trilogy is done, I really wish to see a game of yours in a new platform.

Cheers

Sezt

Game Developer
Dec 9, 2017
i cant get to share pictures with scruffy on day 25 as mentioned in the walkthrough in blue and after that non of the other events trigger properly.
is there anyway to trigger sharing taylor's pictures ?
To get the event where he asks for the images you have to have seen Taylor naked and the coffee machine needs to be installed. If none of these ring any bell then please send me a convo with you L: number.

@ElMario I agree on the room hunting part. It got a bit out of hand in Hotel and does show my noobness with the engine and game design at the time. Look forward to hearing what you think about Haven :)

helmer87

Dec 26, 2017
When I'm about to start the game I get a malware warning.

EDIT: On the Mega link, not the GDrive link.

2.80 star(s) 5 Votes