3.50 star(s) 22 Votes

Kodman

Game Developer
Nov 11, 2023
Care to elaborate?
Of course. I found it strange that you write about listening to the opinions of others (here) but ignoring the opinions of people (patrons) when it comes to choosing the content they support. I don't think there are developers who know exactly what they want from their game and their plans don't change during development. If I have doubts about something, why not ask for help from those people who are interested in the development of the project.
You'd be right to say that they shouldn't interfere with each other. But if I have a choice of whom to listen to in times of doubt, I will undoubtedly turn to my target audience.
Generally, the bar for adult games is so low you couldn't use it for limbo, so I try not to have any expectations - unless the dev has previously made games I'm familiar with.

My metrics for a good adult game are "do I like the adult content, and how it's integrated into gameplay?", "does it have a sufficient amont of such content for the length of time, and/or the level of effort I'm putting in to playing?", and "is that content relatively easy to access?".

Then there's features like galleries, level select, language support (or being self-explanatory to the point understanding text isn't necessary to play through) - then general stability, optimization, control fluidity etc - but these are all secondary, or just go without saying.

So no, I didn't download the "wrong" game - by all indications it would appeal to my tastes - just one that doesn't score highly on those primary metrics, subjective and arbitrary as they are.

One of the last things I want to feel when I'm playing an adult game is that my time is being wasted. I've played no adult game that I'd truly enjoy over any of the 'normal' games I play, if adult content weren't a part of it. There are some that I still find fun nevertheless.

Searching around large rooms and sections of corridor and vents, and using deductive reasoning to get to the next trigger to open up the next area and the scenes within, just doesn't do it for me. If an adult game's doing it's job right, there's less blood going to my brain while I'm playing it - so generally, the more straightforward and simple the task, and (to a certain point) the more instant the gratification, the better. There's building tension and anticipation, but the other side of that is tedium.

If you were to make the game more in line with my personal ideals, it'd look something like adding roaming enemies with scenes taking place within gameplay. Some of the areas might be a bit tight and cramped for that, but that could work to the game's advantage. Maybe each area of the ship could have its own enemy or group of enemies - maybe you have to hide from certain ones, fight others and run away from more. For example, have the brothers roaming around the animal labs area. Or alternatively, just have a "wrong" room to go in that triggers another scene with them.

As it stands right now, most of the gameplay sections are all competently designed, just there's close to nothing to do or experience in them that really does anything for me.
You write the right things. There are still a lot of flaws in the game that I see and that you didn't write about. In game development, something often goes under the knife due to the limited resources of the developer. I admit that my decisions are not always correct. I often communicate and consult with experienced people in the gamedev industry to gain experience. I read all the reviews and listen to the comments that coincide with my idea of the game. Our conversation is a good example of this.

Can you recommend the best three NSFW games (preferably finished) in your opinion?

3.50 star(s) 22 Votes