RPGM - Completed - Parallel Fantasy If+ [Circlekame]

1. 5.00 star(s)

Blood-Red Circus

In my opinion, one of the best JRPGs.
    I replayed the game several times. A lot of events, including slightly fetish ones, good graphics, a plot, not the most boring combat system, many hours of gameplay, a good setting.
    It's a pity that the author hasn't released new games for a long time.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

EpicFailv2

Review of v2.2 (2022-09-01)
    TL;DR: surprisingly engaging, did not even feel how 8 hours passed, which is rare for me nowadays, so it's a great game in my books.

Gameplay: standard-ish RPGM, but with quite fun and unique, at least fresh, leveling mechanics. Also quite cheesable - did not feel any grind that way.
    Graphics: censorship isn't that egregious and otherwise some nice, clear, lively, appealing graphics.
    Amount of content: haven't finished yet, guessing around 1/4 to half way through and already more content than in many RPGM "games".
    Grammar: few optional texts (guessing latest expansions) are untranslated, and otherwise iffy at times, but comprehensible.
    Story: did not grab me as all that special, but at least does not interfere with the enjoyment of the game with huge walls of text.
    Sound: meh, was listening to my own tracks.
    Performance: few bugs, could only replicate one consistently - save often and you'll be fine. Full of warnings that game might be slow due to some settings, but either i don't understand on what potatoes people still play games nowadays or i'm just lucky and did not notice any slowdowns.
  3. 2.00 star(s)

myjammies

Grind is an intrinsic part of the H-Game genre. Many games hide content away behind grind and it's something that I'm not super against. I've seen it used in two ways that's worthwhile - 1) a GOR game where enemies are ridiculously difficult to beat and losing results in some worthwhile imagery or 2) making doing slutty jobs as an alternative to grindy combat which makes sense why the protagonist would eventually end up being debaucherous. Unfortunately, Parallel Fantasy If+ (mouthful), does neither. Losing to enemies in the dungeon doesn't lead to any sexy times, nor are there any odd jobs to complete in case you find the combat difficult. What's worse is that the grind is absolutely horrendous. While most other games will leave you somewhat underlevelled, this game requires a level of 5 to get past the first boss in the first floor. There is no other content anyway apart from beating the first boss and moving on. So you end up being stuck in the story as well. This is just woeful execution.

The problems don't end there. Enemies outside the town are ridiculously overpowered, even more so than the ones in the dungeon. You will get one hit until you're level 20 and then you'll get two-hit. Losing outside the town does reward you with some flavour text and one static (not too appealing) shot of our protagonist, but the same shot is repeated every time. And it isn't very good. There are a few other scenes as the story progresses that come up naturally but none of them are any good. The dungeon exploration is mediocre. You're supposed to trawl through the same sort of enemies to get to your relevant floor. There are teleportation circles but oddly enough, only for the even numbered floors. There are special dragon bosses in every lair which are frankly, unbeatable. I finished the game but didn't beat any of the optional ones. You're also given a lot of side content with regards to battles - summoning creatures, magical jewels and whatnot. All of it is useless because the enemies are so overpowered, you'll mostly be relying on one/two attacks from the main character. Which does the job. However, the battles are a chore not only because the enemies are annoyingly overpowered, but also because the heroes' attacks have shitty cut-ins which are unavoidable. Every time you attack, you get a mediocre slideshow of the special attack. It's infuriating.

The story itself is also rubbish. There's a backdrop of some god planning vengeance on some other god and our protagonist is intrinsically linked to it somehow but it isn't adequately explained, you're thrown a massive bombshell towards the end that doesn't make much sense and the antagonist is uninspired. The story in H-Games is meant to act as a backdrop and provide some justification for all the degeneracy but this story does no such thing.

I'll refrain from commenting on the quality of the CGs since I didn't encounter more than one or two because of the utter grindiness of the game. All in all, it's a game that one should avoid unless the tags are right up your alley or the CG really tempts you. Poor.
  4. 3.00 star(s)

taglag

Pro's
    The Erotic content is quite good, even eye movement, and facial expressions seem to be matching the dialogue in many places.

As to the dialogue it at first seems dry, but after playing it and reading it after while it sort of grows on you and begins to fit the story pretty well.

I am not going to nitpick the RPG interface, I have grow very use to it, and for story line on these type games I think it is fine

Con's

This is a personal problem for me, but others may also see it. that is never or hardly ever addressed in these Japanese games.

It may stem from the secondary position that historically females took in Japan, and for that matter in most every other culture race or ethnic group in the world.

It appears to me in these games females are good for only one thing, and even when they do good or even great things that is still all they are good for.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Main thing on that is I like a happy ending, or at least an ending that allows you to pay back the mistreatment you took during the game.

Most of the quests are just the generic fetch and carry, but I have gotten use to that.

Would have been nice to have a quest menu to help you keep track of active missions, and what to do next ( The majority of these games I have played all have this problem.)

For me The hero aspect is just not there at all, and you never feel that you have accomplished anything good for anyone, and being good or helping anyone is going to ultimately screw you.

Many small parts probably not earth shaking changes to the game are not translated, and you may feel you missed something in those places.

Conclusion

A good game, and as it is and older game I think it may have been played by maker of (Succulence), and (Combin Ation} may have played this I think it is a pretty old game, and many of the teacher events correspond to things I have seen in there games.

I found it fun, but the ending did not have the satisfaction I was looking for.

Worth a game play-through for sure (if RPG maker Adult games are your thing, and being abused always for any adult action you will enjoy it a lot ), but if you like your hero to be rewarded in the end, and you plan to do the H-events, you may be surprised, and feel empty at the finish.
  5. 4.00 star(s)

El necrofilo

i would easily give this one five stars, however since reviewing comes with a certan responsability i must point out the many flaws that make this game not for everybody.
    1.- Bugs, not game breaking thankgod, but annoying ones none the less. For example there are minor gamefreezes when you start the game and when you load one, needing you to press enter several times for it to unfreeze
    2.- Grindy as hell, i suggest you to be at least level 50 before you head out to find the H scenes.
    3.- You need a guide or else you'll neverall the sex scenes, They are very good i'll tell you that much
    Overall despite all the issues is it worth your time? YES