• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

VN Ren'Py Paradise Lofts (BaMedia) Development Thread

ParadiseLofts

Game Developer
Apr 26, 2019
Hi, everybody. I'm the developer of Paradise Lofts and am opening a thread devoted to its development. Hoping to help us focus on things the audience likes best, and get a better grip on feedback. Assuming it makes it to the finish line, I estimate it would be about a 30+ hour game. If you haven't checked it out yet, please do. An in-game walkthrough is available, if needed. The v07 version (current free version available) has 7 sex scenes/games to be discovered, as well as plenty of other wild activity going on in the city of Paradise. While this is set in a fictional "hyper-sexual" world, I still wanted it to be a game, so there's often more than one way to solve a challenge.

Here's the game thread: https://f95zone.to/threads/paradise-lofts-v0-071-bam-media.30906/

Please, chime in and let us know where we suck, what we're doing right, and what we could do (if anything) to pique your interest. It's just myself and the artist who currently work on this, and we're always eager to know what we can do better. Cheers!

ViewFromWindow-800b.jpg

imagePLAUSTIN-fin.jpg

imagePLbeach.JPG

june_blowjob_intro.jpg

polly_cross_nav2_idle.png

tuniquim

Jul 13, 2018
First of all, congratulations for the work that you have done! Your game is promising!

I like the random way of the characters appear in places. And also how the scenes in the windows are random too. You could put some reaction from the neighbors when the player hits the apartment doors, it could show some secret scenes or random reactions of neighbors (dialogs, screams, swearing ...). This kind of interaction usually encourages the player to explore the game in more detail, to see all possibilities of reaction in each door and each time of the day, doing it without looking for a walkthrough or something like that. (I, personally, really like this kind of interaction in the games)

Reactions: ParadiseLofts

ParadiseLofts

Game Developer
Apr 26, 2019
First of all, congratulations for the work that you have done! Your game is promising!

I like the random way of the characters appear in places. And also how the scenes in the windows are random too. You could put some reaction from the neighbors when the player hits the apartment doors, it could show some secret scenes or random reactions of neighbors (dialogs, screams, swearing ...). This kind of interaction usually encourages the player to explore the game in more detail, to see all possibilities of reaction in each door and each time of the day, doing it without looking for a walkthrough or something like that. (I, personally, really like this kind of interaction in the games)
The intention has always been to include a lot of sequences where if/when you see something going on in the windows, you can leave your apartment and then go visit whomever you saw. It's just a matter of needing a lot more art. Every apartment will require at least one background, plus whatever we write into that. I definitely want to add this.

Thanks for the nice words, too. Spent a ton of hours in this, and wish I could get more people to play it. :)

Reactions: tuniquim

ParadiseLofts

Game Developer
Apr 26, 2019
This site is pretty damn helpful with input sometimes, so I'm posting public Patreon posts here, too, if that's okay. Should someone chime in with some gem to glean, certainly can't hurt. It's happened a number of times here, and I'm always grateful. Anyway, here goes:

UPDATES

I'm working on that "free play" element discussed earlier, and wow, what a doozy, but it's going to be pretty cool, I think. It will require a boatload of art, so some will be added in segments, to maintain my sanity. Here's how it works: when in PeepView, if you see someone engaged in an activity, you can now hop over there and visit them at that time. For some characters, you will have to have "won them over" before you can trigger this. For others, I intend to allow it right out the gate. So far, I have the framework built for Bethe, Polly and Rita and already started on the others.

For coding nerds, a lot is going on behind the scenes. Remembering what characters are doing in PeepView (and storing times for when they will finish the activity if you don't visit), removing their sprites from park scenes, going to their apartments (scripts here, of course), leaving and re-triggering times on when characters will come outside again. Stuff like this - to me - gives the game such a less linear feel. More coding, but more fun. And to be fair, it also might distract from the main storyline, but Paradise Lofts is meant to be a pretty easy-going game. There will be moments of imminent danger in the future, but progressing through the story is up to anyone's pace.

BUGS!!
One of our patrons was kind enough to pinpoint an image error on the threesome scene on android devices. I fixed it, while smoothing out that scene for all devices. Still intend to update that art, as it was rushed in that sequence when we added it.

The same kind of bug was mentioned with the Rita sex scene (on android). I haven't been able to replicate it yet, but once I do and correct it, I will upload a new file. I also noticed a couple errors on the tackboard where time passes and it shouldn't. I'll tweak that, too.

Cheers!

thecardinal

Latina midget, sub to my Onlyfans - cash for gash
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
Personally, I would uncensored the images on the game thread.

And I would censor the image you posted on November 6th on your Patreon, the last thing you need as a sec is to be cut off from your funding for breaking the ToS for Patreon.

Reactions: ParadiseLofts

ParadiseLofts

Game Developer
Apr 26, 2019
Personally, I would uncensored the images on the game thread.

And I would censor the image you posted on November 6th on your Patreon, the last thing you need as a sec is to be cut off from your funding for breaking the ToS for Patreon.
Thanks for the input. Will do!

clitacafro

Nov 30, 2019
Linux link is broken.

Also you should name the linux file tar.bz2 not just .bz2. Else people and software will be confused.