• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Glorycha

Mar 21, 2019
Hey guys, what do I do about the black screen issue when playing media in the game I tried saving then quitting and reloading but it doesn't fix it.
I am using Windows 11.
You just need to right click on Paradise Found.exe, Properties / Compatibility / Compatibility Mode --> Select Windows 7.
Sorry if it's not the exact name of the parameter, my Windows isn't in English

Alcahest

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
Did you plan to add other languages to the game??? English is not my native language. How to translate the game into another language has not yet figured out.
Sorry, I gave up on making support for translations. Too much work and moving on the next game.

I think jet-white was close to finishing a Chinese translation of Paradise Found. He used tools to disassemble the Java bytecode and I gave him the source files as well since he needed those to fix some code before assembling again after translating. I haven't heard from him in a long time though, so I don't know if there is a Chinese version of Paradise Found out there somewhere.

Denchik

Aug 10, 2017
Sorry, I gave up on making support for translations. Too much work and moving on the next game.

I think jet-white was close to finishing a Chinese translation of Paradise Found. He used tools to disassemble the Java bytecode and I gave him the source files as well since he needed those to fix some code before assembling again after translating. I haven't heard from him in a long time though, so I don't know if there is a Chinese version of Paradise Found out there somewhere.
Can I get the source code for self-translation of the game?

Alcahest

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
Can I get the source code for self-translation of the game?
Just having the source files won't do you any good unless you know how to compile them with the needed dependencies. You either must be able to do that, or to go the disassemble/assemble route. Either way, it requires some knowledge to succeed. If someone shows they have this knowledge and just needs the source files to complete the translation project without needing any further help from me, I might (that's a maybe) be willing to share the source files.

Denchik

Aug 10, 2017
Just having the source files won't do you any good unless you know how to compile them with the needed dependencies. You either must be able to do that, or to go the disassemble/assemble route. Either way, it requires some knowledge to succeed. If someone shows they have this knowledge and just needs the source files to complete the translation project without needing any further help from me, I might (that's a maybe) be willing to share the source files.
Here you are right - there is still little knowledge, but there is a desire to make a translation for yourself and share it with others with permission. I hope to learn everything you need on your own while working on the translation.

Denchik

Aug 10, 2017

Once again I was convinced that source files are needed for a good translation

Dimka2010

Feb 15, 2018
Hello! I was very surprised by the mini-update of the game and decided to replay it again. Yesterday I spent a couple of hours, reached some progress and remembered what a successful and interesting game it turned out to be. But there were questions - there are unused locations, or you can add new ones, where you would go for walks with your family after some progress in the game, which would not interfere with the main quest. You can also add and add content. And the game has a new life and you once again revive your very successful project. I would really like the game to be eternal :) There are very few of these among really good games with a good plot, text and events. Thank you!

Reactions: Alcahest

nooneknows17

Feb 11, 2022
i have installed the mediapack and put it in the right place, but there is no pics for the character in game, it shows black screen. how to solve this?

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
i have installed the mediapack and put it in the right place, but there is no pics for the character in game, it shows black screen. how to solve this?
More info needed before anyone can try to help
- platform: mac? pc? what os version?
- paste a screenshot showing your folder structure to confirm you *do* have the media in the right place
- can you open and view the media via a media player? perhaps you don't have the codecs needed for the videos (on windows try "k-lite codec pack" or similar (but be careful to get from a legit download source))

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
Okay, now I'm actually serious. I can't find any walkthrough. Do I have to continue Kyra's story to continue Kylie's story? Does she infect anyone else's story? I'm ready to give up this whole game if I have to keep dealing with her. If I haven't been able to sus out that she likes inflicting humiliation by the pubic hairs and can't get anything back, I really want to chuck her and maybe the whole thing.

Seriously, someone tell me whether I'm wasting my time or not, please?

Agrippa

Aug 5, 2016
The game is basically linear. To be fair, the older sister gets a lot nicer once her plot moves along, but yes, you'd have to stomach her antics until you get past the initial hurdles--she's meant to be the antagonistic character that you slowly thaw/break down.

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
The game is basically linear. To be fair, the older sister gets a lot nicer once her plot moves along, but yes, you'd have to stomach her antics until you get past the initial hurdles--she's meant to be the antagonistic character that you slowly thaw/break down.
To be fair, the next Monday MC asked the doc for help, which surprised me since I was expecting to have a shot at her weakness first, so I'm SLIGHTLY less annoyed ...

scarfer

Nov 4, 2017
Yes, Kyra's progress does have an effect on the progress of others. Others are somewhat linked together as well, and then there's a couple of progress steps that are time based. So keep at it. :D

scarfer

Nov 4, 2017
You'll reach 100% with each character before you hit the endgame content.
Avery takes a long break though. I think her content is tied with Kylie's progress.

Reactions: Elhemeer
4.30 star(s) 106 Votes