• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Request Tutorial P2Design Art of Effective Rigging 2

ryxp

Mar 9, 2022
I posted over on this other thread for the animation course, but thought I'd make a dedicated thread to boost visibility for the new course.

I purchased Pierrick's rigging and animation courses and found them very comprehensive (albeit somewhat difficult to follow for a newby and because of his accent) but I recently saw he has an updated course for rigging out now and I feel kinda jipped for buying the rigging course less than a year ago since more up-to-date information with the latest version of Blender is now available.

Does anyone have access to the course and files or know where they could be found? Thanks for any help

TitaniumDickDiamondBalls

Mar 24, 2019
I posted over on this other thread for the animation course, but thought I'd make a dedicated thread to boost visibility for the new course.

I purchased Pierrick's rigging and animation courses and found them very comprehensive (albeit somewhat difficult to follow for a newby and because of his accent) but I recently saw he has an updated course for rigging out now and I feel kinda jipped for buying the rigging course less than a year ago since more up-to-date information with the latest version of Blender is now available.

Does anyone have access to the course and files or know where they could be found? Thanks for any help
They seem to organise group buy for this course here:

Worth checking at very least.

Reactions: ryxp

ryxp

Mar 9, 2022
I checked that forum out and it's very interesting. It appears to be a copy of this site, but it has two very significant differences. All comments have to be approved by moderators, and the site takes a cut of all financial transactions.

Is there a coincidence between those two points? Considering my comments went through until I tried to note this fact on the thread for this course, I think not.

TitaniumDickDiamondBalls

Mar 24, 2019
I checked that forum out and it's very interesting. It appears to be a copy of this site, but it has two very significant differences. All comments have to be approved by moderators, and the site takes a cut of all financial transactions.

Is there a coincidence between those two points? Considering my comments went through until I tried to note this fact on the thread for this course, I think not.
Yes and no, on surface they seem to be more goal oriented and agile, but at least in this case the whole process seems to get stuck. I check the thread from time to time and I'm in contact with one person who participates in that chip-in.

ryxp

Mar 9, 2022
I thought the idea was fine initially, but when I realized people sharing the course or even just the hosts of the site could make a profit and even a higher profit than the people who made the course, I thought that was morally wrong. If it was just group buying a course and sharing it that would be a bit questionable, but a different matter. Profiting off it seems wrong to me.

That's one thing I'm very impressed and honestly curious about with this site. I don't know how it stays running! Files are hosted elsewhere, but there would still be server costs. I guess it must just be a labor of love from the mods.