Mod Ren'Py Our Red String JDMOD [0.12.1.2.a] [JohnDupont]

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes
  • To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

JohnDupont

Modder
May 26, 2017
Sorry guys, I forgot the file extension yesterday. I uploaded a new version.

Getting an uncaught exception when hitting the "To be continued..." button at the end that should return you to the main menu:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Wasn't present in the previous version and causes a loop with the only way out being a quit. Not a big issue but thought you might like to know for future revisions.
Just adding this as a reminder. Please use to report bugs, it makes it a lot easier for me to keep track.

atrebor68

Aug 26, 2020
Sadness, Chapter 11 Epilogue Complete + JDMOD [0.11.2.2.b] doesn't work... :cry:
It starts but when load a previous saving it crashes...

gatoterran

May 27, 2019
can anyone answer this question? :")
at least post the traceback so we can see what's wrong, chances are you did something wrong when installing the mod, for starters remove the mod and launch the vn again to see if the mod it's actually the problem

atrebor68

Aug 26, 2020
Is it related to this FAQ?

View attachment 3020005

If not, I'll need the traceback or a screenshot.
Full traceback:
File "scripts/gui/custom/custom_screens.rpyc", line 139, in script
File "C:\Users\rober\Documents\Giochi\OurRedString-v11.0_epilogue-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1782, in execute
next_node(renpy.game.context().lookup_return(pop=True))
File "C:\Users\rober\Documents\Giochi\OurRedString-v11.0_epilogue-pc\renpy\execution.py", line 726, in lookup_return
raise Exception("Could not find return label {!r}.".format(self.return_stack[-1]))
Exception: Could not find return label ('game/JDMOD/scripts/story/chapter10_b.rpy', 1688303022, 31684).

Windows-10-10.0.22621 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.0.3.22090809
Our Red String v11.0_epilogue
Sun Oct 22 20:53:34 2023

EDIT:
i reinstall game and mod and was able to pick Epilogue.

Last edited:
Reactions: JohnDupont

Dra1

Dec 16, 2020
Well, this append :

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/scripts/gallery.rpy", line 128, in <module>
NameError: name 'GalleryScene' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "C:\Desktop\Nouveau dossier\our red string\chap 11 epilogue\OurRedString-v11.0_epilogue-pc\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 277, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "C:\Desktop\Nouveau dossier\our red string\chap 11 epilogue\OurRedString-v11.0_epilogue-pc\renpy\main.py", line 558, in main
renpy.game.context().run(node)
File "scripts/gallery.rpyc", line 123, in script
File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python3.9/site-packages/future/utils/__init__.py", line 441, in raise_
File "C:\Desktop\Nouveau dossier\our red string\chap 11 epilogue\OurRedString-v11.0_epilogue-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 2441, in execute
self.set()
File "C:\Desktop\Nouveau dossier\our red string\chap 11 epilogue\OurRedString-v11.0_epilogue-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 2455, in set
value = renpy.python.py_eval_bytecode(self.code.bytecode)
File "C:\Desktop\Nouveau dossier\our red string\chap 11 epilogue\OurRedString-v11.0_epilogue-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1085, in py_eval_bytecode
return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)

Windows-8.1-6.3.9600 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.0.3.22090809
Tue Oct 24 01:03:48 2023

sissy89

Jun 23, 2023
Sorry guys, I cleaned my folders last weekend.

How NOT to download the mod:
Step 1: Don't read the OP.
View attachment 3008100

Step 2: Don't check the patreon page for a post that's been available to everyone for a week.
View attachment 3008189
EDIT: 0.11.2.1, that was posted a week ago, was supposed to be available to everyone from the get go (I didn't set up an early access for it) but I didn't realize it had defaulted to patrons only. My bad.

Step 3: Don't ask me to update the links.

Step 4 (Optional): Act like this guy.
this is awesome! just pissed that you put me in the optional section! yeah! if I'm angry its because I'm right just drop the insults from my post answer me like an adult why the hell did you deleted the files? what the hell does clean up mean

Solomon Grundy

Nov 25, 2021
this is awesome! just pissed that you put me in the optional section! yeah! if I'm angry its because I'm right just drop the insults from my post answer me like an adult why the hell did you deleted the files? what the hell does clean up mean
If you expect to be treated with respect like an adult, then my first suggestion would be to act like one. Your initial post was insulting, derogatory and quite frankly abusive.

And now you are still being aggressive and accusatory toward someone who makes something for free. Maybe try being polite next time instead.

JohnDupont

Modder
May 26, 2017
Well, this append :

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "C:\Desktop\Nouveau dossier\our red string\chap 11 epilogue\OurRedString-v11.0_epilogue-pc\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 277, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "C:\Desktop\Nouveau dossier\our red string\chap 11 epilogue\OurRedString-v11.0_epilogue-pc\renpy\main.py", line 558, in main
renpy.game.context().run(node)
File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python3.9/site-packages/future/utils/__init__.py", line 441, in raise_
File "C:\Desktop\Nouveau dossier\our red string\chap 11 epilogue\OurRedString-v11.0_epilogue-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 2441, in execute
self.set()
File "C:\Desktop\Nouveau dossier\our red string\chap 11 epilogue\OurRedString-v11.0_epilogue-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 2455, in set
value = renpy.python.py_eval_bytecode(self.code.bytecode)
File "C:\Desktop\Nouveau dossier\our red string\chap 11 epilogue\OurRedString-v11.0_epilogue-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1085, in py_eval_bytecode
return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)

Windows-8.1-6.3.9600 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.0.3.22090809
Tue Oct 24 01:03:48 2023
Try a clean install (download the game and mods again, follow the installation instructions in the OP to the letter) and get back to me please. This issue has been reported again and again but, while I don't think it's caused my the mod based on the logs and my testing, I can't rule it until I know more.