Fan Art Our Red String: Fan Art

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

TIGER ACE

Jan 9, 2019
I dont really care for ai discussion, because people are constaly talking about whats possible today, and not the speed of improvements, SDXL is a year old tech already.

Everything I have posted was made on a 4070ti each generation taking about 30 sec and maybe another 30 sec of inpaining,
I think expecting it to beat a skilled human taking hours is silly.

And in the end you are not seeing what is possible with current tech, you are seeing consumer grade version of whats possible on a budget computer by non experts just pressing generate.

Last edited:
Reactions: hatass and jimul18

JohnnyKiss

Oct 1, 2017
TLDR: AI can do some cool single images now, don't get me wrong. But they don't yet feel human or consistent enough to create a good scene without taking more effort than it would to just draw or trace them.
Neither do the images EvaKiss shits outs. They feel lifeless as well, and there are like 5 images per sex scenes, which is abyssmal.

Last edited:

JohnnyKiss

Oct 1, 2017
so is this the new ORS discussion thread?

im wondering when the next update is out

i read the latest patreon update and it seems like it's close
No, it's not.

This was a great thread where people posted fanart and how to make it and then the same people who made the discussion thread get shut down came here to do the same with this one.

Nobody wants to hear you (this isn't directly aimed at you camube) bitch about NTR or bitch about people who like NTR. Grow up, get over it and get lost.

• Haha
Reactions: SerHawkes

camube

Jun 4, 2022
No, it's not.

This was a great thread where people posted fanart and how to make it and then the same people who made the discussion thread get shut down came here to do the same with this one.

Nobody wants to hear you (this isn't directly aimed at you camube) bitch about NTR or bitch about people who like NTR. Grow up, get over it and get lost.
on that post where the mod locked the main thread, they link this thread.

so i thought the mod wants us to just talk here and is locking main thread for an extended period because "if you all are going to be offtopic, then talk over there (link to this thread)".

Sorry for all the regular fan art posters, i didnt know

dontcarewhateverno

Jan 25, 2021
I see you haven't heard of controlnets.
I'm talking about multiple images from different angles in the same scene, if you read beyond the tldr. I'm aware that a character can remain generally consistent & that you can change to a preferred angle/pose via reference image. I should've defined what I mean by character as I'm not simply talking about the face. There will be slight changes in clothing, hair, etc, from different angles. Looks "similar" but not the same, which anyone scrutinizing for a few seconds can easily tell. Not ideal for storytelling currently because of that. If controlnets or another system now has a way to easily define each character in each outfit & hairstyle to remain truly consistent at all angles (no extra holes in belts, slight texture changes & garment alterations, etc), I'd honestly love to know about it.

Getting the right subtle facial expressions also seems like a tedious task in training & capturing unless there's an easy way to img-to-img swap a reference photo of the exact expression you want, to apply to the base image's character without losing the integrity of their facial structure or otherwise altering the base image. (Honestly, if there is, I'm all ears). Most pre-trained expressions tend to be generic & lack character or subtlety.

I've no doubt much of this will be quickly improved & that there are current capabilities either not accessible to the general public, expensive, or requiring full-time dedication. But that's not useful currently to independent creators looking to pass off art to a machine so they can focus on other elements. At best it's a supplemental aid right now to to save time on some portions of art creation, used selectively.

Last edited:

JohnnyKiss

Oct 1, 2017
on that post where the mod locked the main thread, they link this thread.

so i thought the mod wants us to just talk here and is locking main thread for an extended period because "if you all are going to be offtopic, then talk over there (link to this thread)".

Sorry for all the regular fan art posters, i didnt know
They linked this thread because people were posting fanart on the discussion thread.

Andrea9999

Nov 9, 2022
What in tarnation? The original thread got blocked because people are posting art there and because that thread is for "discussing Our Red String"? Is that mod retarded? The art postings are pertinent to the discussion, and adds to the discourse given that the game is a VISUAL NOVEL. This is nonsensical policing, how the fuck does this make that thread better? Telling people what to do despite not being harmful. Those posts actually made discussions there more vibrant given the drought of content and the otherwise gloomy mood of people around such lack of update. Did that mod not read the discussions around the art? Holy shit they need to get a hobby instead of doing unnecessary things like that.

And this is coming from someone who never posted any of those art, and just enjoyed reading and discussing the characters or plot of the game pertinent to the art.
The situation is heartbreaking. Since the thread was closed, an average of nearly 167, 000 people have died every day. I wonder if the moderators know this. From whom are they saving us? If they did not like what was happening to the thread, they could choose not to read it or warn the people psting fan art. If people objected to the people posting fan art, they could put the people posting it on "ignore". This may well be a case of moderators flexing their muscles ......while nearly 167,000 people die every day.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote