metagrossrj

Jun 2, 2023
This is insane.
EvaKiss' choice to make so many routes and her decision to please a large audience with all kinds of different fetishes, comes back to bite itself.

Her newest update is basically just 1-2 days.
I personally play 3 different paths, and I found the content very lackluster. There were a couple of good scenes, but when I think about the fact, that it took about 5 MONTHS to get this update, it is somewhat disappointing.

I don't blame the developer entirely for this. There is a lot of content. The problem is that there is a lot of content, that I am personally not interested in. I didn't even try to watch the content. I have 1 "main path" and 2 different paths that I am interested in, but that's about it.

I don't know how to fix the problem here though. EvaKiss has opened so many story paths that it's probably hard to create enough content for all of them.

lorkdubo

Aug 19, 2022
More people 'choose' not to see/view all available content.

Whine there is not enough content... :rolleyes: :FacePalm:
But, it is a valid point. There are a lot of variables/routes that only open very specifically given certain actions and choices, like Emma route, for example and it's quite late in the game, which is a long game, btw. Now, i think a great solution would be a route builder and everyone would be happy. We have the example of "Where the Heart is" who did this, and it's so great.

fatpussy123

May 9, 2020
I swear I'm the only person here that actually likes Louise lol.
I like Louise on the Ian path. In her two other paths she's boring to me. I'm not really into lesbians just getting it on, only interesting when there's a guy also involved. The Jeremy path also isn't really interesting for me cuz why would I care about Jeremy neglecting his goth gf.

The Ian path is more fresh and actually has Louise as the center focus. She is audacious in her approach despite not knowing Ian well. Her dialogue already has Ian calling her an obedient girl, implying it'll take less time for the maledom content to develop with her, compared to Cherry and Emma who only recently are getting degradation options.

So in conclusion, for me, her development this update is the best thing that could've happened for her character, since the other routes don't appeal to me.

Maviarab

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 12, 2020
But, it is a valid point. There are a lot of variables/routes that only open very specifically given certain actions and choices, like Emma route, for example and it's quite late in the game, which is a long game, btw. Now, i think a great solution would be a route builder and everyone would be happy. We have the example of "Where the Heart is" who did this, and it's so great.
But with a milti-protag VN (even more so if played GGGB) then you know, before you even start, there will be numerous and multiple routes. So accept that or don't play. Don't play and then whine there isn't enough content on the path you want to see, because that will be a given from the very first update.

So yes, it's a choice to not see everything the developer did.

Gicoo

Feb 18, 2018
We complain about Perry a bit more because there were some measures spread over the whole game that let him improve, but this chapter backpedaled on it regardless if you helped him or not. If he acted like an ass only if Ian made fun of him and if he improved because Ian was a friend to him, it would be much easier to accept.

I doubt anyone would want to live with her, but she is can be an entertaining element to throw in in various pairings. She and Jeremy are mostly over, aside from the triangle with Lena. Lena/Louise is spiraling down, since Louise became even more needy and Lena shows no indication to be truly interested in her. So her getting interested in Ian, who likely already has one or multiple partners, is an exciting desaster waiting to unfold.
And want her and Ian get a normal relationship and bonding over Lena/Jeremy fucking them over.

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
By the way, does anyone know if helping pay for the food changes anything in this update? Or does it only impact the Perry relationship when it happens? Perhaps he won't buy Emma's vegan burgers if Ian doesn't pay?:cry:
There's text variants which hinge on how much Ian has contributed:
Python:
    e "I see you guys are already hard at work!"
    w "Good coals need time and care."
    i "I hope you bought enough food for everyone!"
    if v12_bbq == 2:
        p "Of course. There's enough to l--{w=0.5}last for several days."
        i "Nice."
    elif v12_bbq == 1:
        p "Don't worry about it. There's e--{w=0.5}enough for everybody..."
        i "We'll see about that."
    else:
        p "I did what I c--{w=0.5}could. If only a certain someone had p--{w=0.5}pitched in..."
        i "I have the feeling I shouldn't have trusted you with this..."
// ...
    i "Damn, these burgers are amazing!"
    h "Oh, wow! It's true... So tasty!"
    w "Told you! I'm the BBQ Master and fire is my element!"
    if v12_bbq == 2:
        e "And these vegan burgers are incredible too! Cooked to perfection!"
        p "I'm glad you like them... I bought different types. They have them in every flavor!"
        e "Yeah, there's a ton... Do you guys wanna try one?" 
        h "I'd like to..."
        if v10_emma_sex:
            e "Help yourself! I don't think I'm gonna go hungry!"
            e "Well, and if I do... I'm sure I'll find something to get myself filled up with."
        else:
            e "Help yourself!"
            $ v12_perry_success += 1
    elif v12_bbq == 1:
        e "Mine is also very good! Thank you for getting a few vegan burgers too."
        p "Of course... I wasn't sure which ones to b--{w=0.5}buy. They have them in every flavor!"
        p "They're e--{w=0.5}expensive, though... I wish I could've gotten a few more."
        e "Don't worry, I don't think I'm gonna go hungry!"
        if v10_emma_sex:
            e "Well, and if I do... I'm sure I'll find something to get myself filled up with."
    else:
        e "They look really tasty..."
        e "I wish we had something else other than bread and potatoes for the vegetarian crew over here."
        "Wade speared a burger with his fork and held it up to Emma's face."
        w "It's not too late to join the dark side!"
        e "No, thank, you..."
        e "But a vegan burger or something would've been good..."
        p "T--{w=0.5}those are too e--{w=0.5}expensive... I had to buy f--{w=0.5}food for the six of us, and also b--{w=0.5}beer..."
        w "Beer first and foremost! Cheers!"
        p "If s--{w=0.5}someone I know had pitched in..."
        i "Hey, don't look at me. You're the organizer over here."
        $ v12_perry_success -= 1
Note these perry_success changes. This is affecting potential outcome of Perry's confession, if Perry and Emma haven't hooked up before.

Reactions: SearingFive

SearingFive

Mar 26, 2020
Overall I'd say it's a 7/10. There's lots of decent content, though some of it feels like extra padding on routes that already have lots of material (Holly with various men, Ian being with women he's been with before etc.). Typically I'd give it a mid score of 5/10, but the Louise texting and Emma scenes add some spiciness and treads some new ground, the scenes are generally really good, I can appreciate the quality of Lena/Axel and Ian/Holly even if I don't play their routes, and surprisingly I found the more tender moments between Wade and Ian rather sweet. Wade needs a pal, and Perry ain't one that's good for him. Pity some of my Ian's are shifty bastards who wanna get with Cindy. :eek:

By the way, does anyone know if helping pay for the food changes anything in this update? Or does it only impact the Perry relationship when it happens? Perhaps he won't buy Emma's vegan burgers if Ian doesn't pay?:cry:

To be honest this has made Louise immensely more interesting to me. Not in a "I like this girl now" kinda way, but just the sheer audacity has me sort of curious to see where it can lead with her and her various relationship combinations. :ROFLMAO:
I didn't get the time to do that run, but for tormenting Perry in my new run I'll do that. I'll let you know if anything changes if we don't pay that clown.
Edit - Oh, ffive already posted the codes. Thanks mate.

Last edited:

uncommonsence

Oct 24, 2021
Not sure what makes you say this. Lena at the very fucking start of the game is a person without any real background and the only thing we learn about her is that she just broke up with her boyfriend Axel, which is one fixed aspect of all provided backstories in Ch.12.

u just admitted that you never actually read all that useless dialogues. And it's ok until you decide to yolojump in dat boring discussions.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

and that's wild girl is the same person that

1. cries in a random alley over a minor argument with her bf
2. waitressing in a boring family café
3. interested in books, music, art
4. doesn't hook up with anyone for several months after breaking up with bf
5. ignores social media
6. all is super cute and overly polite
7. overreacting when asked about sexual life, etc.

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
u just admitted that you never actually read all that useless dialogues. And it's ok until you decide to yolojump in dat boring discussions.
You can leave this sort of wild speculations off the next time. Not only are they wrong, they contribute nothing.

5. ignores social media
You seem to be under impression that a person who's had more than few sexual partners can't be possibly interested in books, or put up with a shitty job, or have good manners, or be devastated after discovering her most serious boyfriend to date has been cheating on her to the point where she'd shy away from getting close with anyone for a few months.

You're simply mistaken.

fatpussy123

May 9, 2020

5. ignores social media
Do wild girls not cry after arguments with their boyfriend?
Are wild girls banned from working at cafes?
Are wild girls not allowed to be interested in the arts?
Can wild girls not be polite?
Can wild girls not be caught off guard by lewd questions, especially in a neutral environment?

Also she literally says she doesn't want to be judged for her past, implying some degree of separation. Clearly after Axel she tried to start over and take things slow, even if she was wild when she was younger.

I think you're confusing being wild and fun with being a brain-dead bimbo.

Blurpee69

Jan 7, 2023
I suspect EK is more than aware Perry is unlikable character due to his flaws. At the same time, if the game is going to last these 16-20 episodes then it makes some sense not to frontload entire character arc. Perry has potentially made some strides if you get him to work at the cafe, but it's not silver bullet and it'll take more for him to fully shape up. If he ever does.
The same has been true for Wade. This release was finally the kick in the pants he needed to start to right the ship, to which I say good for him.

Even Ian can be pretty shitty (especially when he gets his chad variable up) it's just most people don't consistently take these options to brush people off or antagonize them. And they don't consider their character fucking everything that moves and cheating on their partner a bad trait. :whistle:

I have a save file specifically for ultra douche Ian and ultra bitch Lena, where they actively go out of their way to fuck anything that breaths, but also choose the antagonistic option unless there is specifically a lust option to override it. It's pretty wild just how bad they can get.

You're not. It's pretty old now, but I have a whole post going over why I think that Louise was at the time a pretty sympathetic character (here) and that she is a better character than most people seem to give her credit for. But I also feel like there was more nuance to her character then and the subsequent chapters have flanderized her a tad to being more of the woman everyone here rages over. Doesn't mean I still don't think she's a good character, but she's unfortunately been lessened by either due to necessity of streamlining or because Eva's focus has been elsewhere.

Also, when did Mike join the MMA tournament? Was that a secret update in this chapter, or did I miss that in a prior update?

Last edited:

Birdnman993

Dec 6, 2021
I like her too, but mostly when she's obedient, that's why I always choose to go look for her over going with Mike, although it's not unexpected that Louise seeks affection from Ian just to show a little Interest in her, it was very fun to see that she gets horny just by talking nice to him. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
Even Ian can be pretty shitty (especially when he gets his chad variable up) it's just most people don't consistently take these options to brush people off or antagonize them. And they don't consider their character fucking everything that moves and cheating on their partner a bad trait. :whistle:
Sure, but Ian is a player is optional, we can make him whatever we want, that's why we looking at Ian from different perspective, not like other characters.

Reactions: firefly214

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
Also, when did Mike join the MMA tournament? Was that a secret update in this chapter, or did I miss that in a prior update?
This was one of tweaks/fixes added with this update. It's not unusual for ORS updates to touch up previous chapters/content (it just makes it easier to overlook just how much work EK puts into these things)

BlandChili

Dec 15, 2020
I didn't get the time to do that run, but for tormenting Perry in my new run I'll do that. I'll let you know if anything changes if we don't pay that clown.
Edit - Oh, ffive already posted the codes. Thanks mate.
Thanks. So it does contribute to Perry's success. Sabotage time :devilish:
Sure, but Ian is a player is optional, we can make him whatever we want, that's why we looking at Ian from different perspective, not like other characters.
I always favor having an explicit choice when it comes to this sort of thing, but given that we can manipulate the outcome I am okay-ish with this version of making a background for Lena.

I can't help but feel like it now conflicts a bit with how Ivy talks to Lena in the early game somewhat. Lustful Lena is someone with a lot of experience now so Ivy shouldn't be so concerned for her when it comes to casual cock. Arguably most of that is based on Lena's reaction towards her breakup with Axel, but still, lustful Lena needs no pointers lady. She's been busier than you it seems! :ROFLMAO:

4.60 star(s) 305 Votes