VN Ren'Py Our Fate: Remake (Dev Thread)

4.50 star(s) 2 Votes

DanThaMan

Engaged Member
Jun 25, 2017
Bad news.

I got a really short and dismissive message, it seems CedSense wants me to stop the development.
That's it for me guys. Thank you for your interest.
I've wasted a lot of time, effort and hard work but I can only blame me, really.

I hope you stick around for a new project i'm working on, if you liked "Our Fate" i'm sure you will also like my new game.
I will make a thread for it as soon as I can.
For the few people on patreon you can request a refund.
He doesn't have any rights to tell you to stop development, so i'm honestly not sure why you have..

Aleatory

Jun 22, 2017
I appreciate all the time and effort you've put into this project, V19XX. Especially since you've treated the original project with so much respect (and continue to do so by respecting his wishes).
Very unfortunate that the communication you did have with Ced was not as supportive as we all carefully hoped for, but heck... we know so little about his situation that we can't really judge.

Either way: looking forward to what's next. Good luck!

L7Bear

May 29, 2017
So, just throwing my 2 cents on the pile.
First of all, yeah, it sucks that we've abandoned this project - especially after all the work V19XX has put into it. However, it's Ced's baby and if he doesn't want anyone else working on it, I can respect that. Hopefully Ced will be able to return someday and continue the original game. When that happens I'm sure there will be lots of support.
There should be no hate for the original game nor the Dev that gave us so much to enjoy.

Apologies for an unintentional bait & switch, but V19XX and I have been chatting about creating a brand new game. We came up with at least 3 good ideas and have pretty much settled on which we want to develop. It is still in the early design stages, but the important thing is that we're still working together. It will probably take us a few months to create a first release - then you'll see more of V18XX's gorgeous renders and my slightly-above-average writing.:ROFLMAO:

TLDR: This project has been abandoned, but an entirely new project shall be born from the ashes.

Last edited:

V19XX

Game Developer
Jun 23, 2018
That is really sad to read. It seems i was way too optimtic to think that the wake up of CedSense could be good news.

I have just read some comments in the original game thread. The situtation "behind the scenes" (I guess it means private life situation) seems really bad. That bad that it is not possible to communicate about it and that bad that the old game can't be continued. I can understand and respect that. On the other hand, if the situation is so bad, how can the fact that someone is making a remake of the game be of any importance ?
The message you got from CedSense not being really friendly, to me it sounds more like the behavior of a child who has lost interest in his toy, but would rather see it go to the trash rather than see someone else play with it.

You are really not to be blamed. That were 2 interesting months. Thank you for your work.
I hope you will publish what you have done (and maybe one day resume the game).
I will follow your new project with great interest.
Is there any chance of us seeing the art that you've already done?
It will be tricky to do so. The moment I got aproached about stoping this project we were about to start the "second part" of the update in which most of the erotic and important scenes will take place. So the first half of the update which it's done (in render terms) it's more of an introduction to the characters and there's no erotic scenes besides some "massage". The writing it's also incomplete, only like 50 renders out of 175 has dialogues as we were still working on the script.

So there's only a couple of ways I can release this:
1. As a CG pack (I don't see the point as there's barely anything that can be consider sexual)
2. As a game, I refuse to further work on the game as right now I have my hands full with the new game and I prefer to focus my time on that. The only way would be to some writer to pickup that incomplete update and write the rest of the dialogues and that only can be done if L7Bear agrees to let that job to some other person or he wants to do it himself.

Having to stop working on the project was a really big hit for me personally and I don't feel like I will ever have the motivation or the right mindset to work on it again.

Thank you all for your kind words.

Thickgravy49

Jul 24, 2017
It will be tricky to do so. The moment I got aproached about stoping this project we were about to start the "second part" of the update in which most of the erotic and important scenes will take place. So the first half of the update which it's done (in render terms) it's more of an introduction to the characters and there's no erotic scenes besides some "massage". The writing it's also incomplete, only like 50 renders out of 175 has dialogues as we were still working on the script.

1. As a CG pack (I don't see the point as there's barely anything that can be consider sexual)
2. As a game, I refuse to further work on the game as right now I have my hands full with the new game and I prefer to focus my time on that. The only way would be to some writer to pickup that incomplete update and write the rest of the dialogues and that only can be done if L7Bear agrees to let that job to some other person or he wants to do it himself.

Having to stop working on the project was a really big hit for me personally and I don't feel like I will ever have the motivation or the right mindset to work on it again.

Appreciate the reply and for what it's worth, I really feel bad for you.
Personally, I think the original dev's attitiude is harsh and quite frankly, pretty childish.

It been forever since anything got done on the game and if he isn't coming back to complete it, what's the issue with someone else doing it?

Anyway, good luck with your next project. I'll look out for it.

FreddyK

Apr 8, 2019

Don't take this too much to heart. Your work is great and now you have a new project.

Is there any chance that you would "use" Claire in your new game (or any of the game you would make in the future)?
I mean, she is based on the Claire from the old game but she is different. So you/we could see her as someone else and she could appear in a new story as a different character. I ask because you have invested so munch in her (and also selfishingly because I like her and we have seen so little of her). So why let this go to waste ?

If you don't feel doing this, it would be nice to make the GC pack you speak about.
Even if there is nothing sexual about it, it would leave us with a little souvenir of her short existence and a lot of regrets...

Ty

FreddyK

Apr 8, 2019

I hope you like it.
Read the text file in the zip for more information about the renders.
Please consider giving our next game a chance.

Regards.
Thank you for this.
The renders are top. As I feared, this will give us a lot of regrets for what this game could have been...

Looking forward to seeing your next game.

Yngling

Nov 15, 2020
He doesn't have any rights to tell you to stop development, so i'm honestly not sure why you have..
I'm not a lawyer nor an expert on the topic of copyrights ( ), but I think it's not about rights, it's about respect for the original creator.

While I would have loved to see Our Fate being completed, either by V19XX or someone else, the original creator has different plans, which I hope to hear of as soon as possible. I think accusing CedSense of being a child who doesn't allow others to play with his broken toys is not fair, nor is it productive. I have the greatest respect for V19XX and how he dealt with this matter.

DanThaMan

Engaged Member
Jun 25, 2017
I'm not a lawyer nor an expert on the topic of copyrights ( ), but I think it's not about rights, it's about respect for the original creator.

While I would have loved to see Our Fate being completed, either by V19XX or someone else, the original creator has different plans, which I hope to hear of as soon as possible. I think accusing CedSense of being a child who doesn't allow others to play with his broken toys is not fair, nor is it productive. I have the greatest respect for V19XX and how he dealt with this matter.
wtf are you talking about? Show me where i accused the dev of being a child? But now that you mention it, he does seem to be acting like that doesn't he..

venusvoss

Mar 7, 2020

I hope you like it.
Read the text file in the zip for more information about the renders.
Please consider giving our next game a chance.

Regards.
Thank you so much for the renders.. They are top notch and your Claire might be one of the most beautiful characters, I have ever seen on f95zone. It makes me so sad to see this project comes to an end..but I am anxiously waiting for your future projects. Please please consider reusing this model or create similar characters for the future games. You created a true masterpiece and I really hope her story can continue some shapes or forms somewhere in the future. Nothing but respect my dude..

BigDaddyDom

Mar 4, 2020
There should be no hate for the original game nor the Dev that gave us so much to enjoy.
Not sure I totally agree with that. I resent Cedsense and DantheMan for unnecessarily killing this reboot when he's clearly not able/willing to resume development himself. Other than the character names and background story, everything else would have been original anyway.
TLDR: This project has been abandoned, but an entirely new project shall be born from the ashes.
Hope it will be Father-Daughter! Also hope for some teasers and a development thread
Is there any chance that you would "use" Claire in your new game (or any of the game you would make in the future)?
I mean, she is based on the Claire from the old game but she is different. So you/we could see her as someone else and she could appear in a new story as a different character. I ask because you have invested so munch in her (and also selfishingly because I like her and we have seen so little of her). So why let this go to waste ?
Completely agree with this, but I had my heart set on Claire as a daughter - wouldn't be the same if she showed up in the new game as some other character.

I hope you like it.
Beautiful! Thanks for sharing - since we may never see your version of Claire's story develop, any chance you can share just a couple of lewd renders of her?? :love: Would be such a shame to never see them

V19XX

Game Developer
Jun 23, 2018
Not sure I totally agree with that. I resent Cedsense and DantheMan for unnecessarily killing this reboot when he's clearly not able/willing to resume development himself. Other than the character names and background story, everything else would have been original anyway.

Hope it will be Father-Daughter! Also hope for some teasers and a development thread

Completely agree with this, but I had my heart set on Claire as a daughter - wouldn't be the same if she showed up in the new game as some other character.

Beautiful! Thanks for sharing - since we may never see your version of Claire's story develop, any chance you can share just a couple of lewd renders of her?? :love: Would be such a shame to never see them
No need for resentment or any hate, they just don't want anyone "taking over" their game, I respect any decision an author makes even if I disagree or think that things could have been handle better.
CedSense to V19 "I want to continue to work on the game eventually"
You can take that as you want, for me eventually doesn't mean anything, maybe some day the game comes back, could be in months, years or never. Nothing I can do.

I think the fans of the game wouldn't get much more information than that, I hope this is useful in some way.

PS: I will try to make some nudes of her if more people wants them.

Last edited:
4.50 star(s) 2 Votes