• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

VN Ren'Py Abandoned Our Fate - A new family [v0.15 SE] [CedSense]

4.60 star(s) 83 Votes

ut1stgear

Feb 7, 2018
Pasted the file in the game/gui folder and for some reason it doesn't work for me. Getting the following error and I can't ignore it.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Edit: I will try the squashed version.

hameleona

Oct 27, 2018
Damn, I spoiled myself.
Really good story. Interesting characters, mostly, tho it feels like every man around is some type of monster or another. It rarely bothers me, but man, it was quite obvious while going the bright road.

ut1stgear

Feb 7, 2018
lol Mega decided to cut my d/l in half so compressed will take just as long as the full size file. :p

Peh

Apr 23, 2018
Damn, I spoiled myself.
Really good story. Interesting characters, mostly, tho it feels like every man around is some type of monster or another. It rarely bothers me, but man, it was quite obvious while going the bright road.
Yeah. Really enjoyed this game and it's story too. But with the direction the story is now going towards. It does seem like that, more and more about other men in the story. Not big fan of it becoming too prevalent part of the game, to be honest. Because when it happens, everytime the main focus for me at least, will shift to just... ahem! "cockblock" countless degenerates around her. And after that story is no longer particularly fun. Just irritating :).

I suppose nearly every game/story needs some kind of antagonist/s. But well... like with say "Acting Lessons".
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Anyway... hopefully, that will not happen to this one. One of my favorite games I've tried from these. Though, admittedly I've only tried like dozen or so up until now. Bit new to games such as these :).

phreadom

Sep 2, 2017
Add the patch and the game loaded my latest save just fine from the end of the last release.

baklol

Aug 13, 2018
Ok so i pasted the missing overlay image into the gui folder and still game crashes..what to do?!
have u extracted the file which u downloaded and first extract the game then go to game folder gui paste the main file

uberzubron

Nov 14, 2017
have u extracted the file which u downloaded and first extract the game then go to game folder gui paste the main file
I dont know what you mean, I extracted the game as I always do and extracted and copied the missing overlay img into the gui folder.

Walg

Visual art is my magnet. Currently inactive
GFX Designer
Donor
Oct 5, 2018
You mean the missing overlay image? yeah I pasted that already...
I get this error

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 432, in __call__
    renpy.load(fn)
Exception: Couldn't find a place to stop rolling back. Perhaps the script changed in an incompatible way?

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in script
    python hide:
  File "C:\Users\DellXPS\Downloads\OurFate-011-CE-pc\OurFate-0.11-CE-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 827, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "C:\Users\DellXPS\Downloads\OurFate-011-CE-pc\OurFate-0.11-CE-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1764, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 35, in <module>
    ui.interact()
  File "C:\Users\DellXPS\Downloads\OurFate-011-CE-pc\OurFate-0.11-CE-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 287, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\DellXPS\Downloads\OurFate-011-CE-pc\OurFate-0.11-CE-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2553, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\DellXPS\Downloads\OurFate-011-CE-pc\OurFate-0.11-CE-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3237, in interact_core
    rv = root_widget.event(ev, x, y, 0)
  File "C:\Users\DellXPS\Downloads\OurFate-011-CE-pc\OurFate-0.11-CE-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 969, in event
    rv = i.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, cst)
  File "C:\Users\DellXPS\Downloads\OurFate-011-CE-pc\OurFate-0.11-CE-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 969, in event
  File "C:\Users\DellXPS\Downloads\OurFate-011-CE-pc\OurFate-0.11-CE-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 653, in event
    rv = self.child.event(ev, x, y, st)
  File "C:\Users\DellXPS\Downloads\OurFate-011-CE-pc\OurFate-0.11-CE-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 232, in event
    rv = d.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, st)
  File "C:\Users\DellXPS\Downloads\OurFate-011-CE-pc\OurFate-0.11-CE-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 232, in event
  File "C:\Users\DellXPS\Downloads\OurFate-011-CE-pc\OurFate-0.11-CE-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 897, in event
    return handle_click(self.clicked)
  File "C:\Users\DellXPS\Downloads\OurFate-011-CE-pc\OurFate-0.11-CE-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 832, in handle_click
    rv = run(action)
  File "C:\Users\DellXPS\Downloads\OurFate-011-CE-pc\OurFate-0.11-CE-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 306, in run
    return action(*args, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 432, in __call__
    renpy.load(fn)
  File "C:\Users\DellXPS\Downloads\OurFate-011-CE-pc\OurFate-0.11-CE-pc\renpy\loadsave.py", line 608, in load
    log.unfreeze(roots, label="_after_load")
  File "C:\Users\DellXPS\Downloads\OurFate-011-CE-pc\OurFate-0.11-CE-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1719, in unfreeze
    self.rollback(0, force=True, label=label, greedy=greedy, on_load=True)
  File "C:\Users\DellXPS\Downloads\OurFate-011-CE-pc\OurFate-0.11-CE-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1556, in rollback
    raise Exception("Couldn't find a place to stop rolling back. Perhaps the script changed in an incompatible way?")
Exception: Couldn't find a place to stop rolling back. Perhaps the script changed in an incompatible way?

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 6.99.13.2919
Our Fate 0.11-CE

sorry dont know how to hide with spoilers
Type [spoiler"] (Remove the " as I needed to do that so the spoiler tag won't activate) and type [/spoiler"] to close it. You don't need to use [/spoiler"] if you want your whole post to be the spoiler after the starting spoiler tag.

I dont know what you mean, I extracted the game as I always do and extracted and copied the missing overlay img into the gui folder.
I had a similar issue and it looked like it happened when you had to make choices with Grace. Luckily I had some older saves so they worked a treat. If you don't have an older save, try copying the missing overlay into every folder within the gui folder and also leave the overlay in the gui folder and see if that works. It's an overkill step but worth a shot.

Reactions: uberzubron

ZikarnKrais

Jun 21, 2018
Holy fuck does it seem like everyone but our main characters are scum bags. The whole thing with Shenice? Seriously? I turned you down already and yet you think you can just go ahead and use your daughter like that? The time for misunderstandings continues, it seems...

Great game though, keep up the good work!

EDIT: One note, if you decide to be the protective father, why are you still given the choice to check out the girl?

Second edit: Can you change the default nickname to "Pumpkin"? I'm guessing that's what you were aiming for, rather than Pumkin...

baklol

Aug 13, 2018
this is the file u need to paste first extract the game after it open game folder gui folder and paste it will work fine it is extracted file

4.60 star(s) 83 Votes