EAT
Trial Moderator
Uploader
Aug 5, 2016
big banner orphan.png

Overview:
Orphan
is an adult CYOA/interactive-novel set in a dying neo-Rome ruined by Sorcery, ruled by the Blade. Immerse yourself in an unforgiving world, full of violence, magic, sex and intrigue. Life in the Cradle is short, brutish and crude. Ruined nobles struggle for power amongst the shadows of a crumbling city-state teeming with sorcery, rampant slavery and corruption. And you... you're just a nobody. For now.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Thread Updated: 2024-04-01
Release Date: 2024-04-01
Developer: Exalted Text - - - -
Censored: No
Version: Chapter 1
Language: English
Genre:

Installation:

Changelog:

Developer Notes:

DOWNLOAD
All: - - - -

orphan screen 1.png orphan screen 2.png orphan screen 3.png orphan screen 4.png orphan screen 5.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Exalted Text

Writer, kültist, esoteric bodybuilder, pervert.
Game Developer
Jul 21, 2020
try ,
some of the color composition is really hard on the eyes -
especially on low brightness
Most of the feedback seemed to be concerned with the link color specifically, so I changed them to gold/yellow and added a text shadow after a helpful suggestion (and code snippet) from someone who played through the chapter. Also had a couple complaints about the text scaling on different monitors/browsers, so I added 3 different text sizes and font types that you can switch between in the settings now. Much better. :WeSmart:

changes2.png changes1.png

the npcs' name,
hard to spell even harder to remember -
unfamiliar foreign name that i can't recall again later, right?
mercedes the wizard
... so I shouldn't name the next npc Sobaru-Neisongo?

Anyway, the feedback is appreciated. There will likely be a few more minor changes and revisions to Chapter 1, but for the most part I'm focused on finishing the outline for Chapter 2 and will begin writing tomorrow. I'm fuckin' stoked. A lot of things are liable to change so I definitely welcome any and all of you to join the Discord and chat about the game/story.

warham.. nothing lol
Any comparison to Warhammer is a massive compliment to me. 40k and WH Fantasy are definitely two of my biggest inspirations, I will never deny that. ;)