Unreal Engine Orcslayers - Viewer Preview [v5A] [Rexx]

4.30 star(s) 3 Votes

droglob

Aug 26, 2017
Who knows. I really hope it doesn't take Wild Life type of an approach. Those types of unreal games turn into a decade long unfinished sandbox mess.
I know Rexx is a beginner when it comes to game development and learns by trial and error.
Still would've been good if this had an actual foundation in terms of story.
Bunch of women think they can beat orcs.
Get captured. Over time trained, with further training unlocking more scenes.
This is EXACTLY a Wild Life situation. A guy who knows how to rig models and animate scenes and nothing else, copy pasting his stuff into Unrealistic Expectations 5 engine and pretending it will ever amount to an actual game.

Reactions: MusicVideoGuy

benisfug

Aug 18, 2018
Who knows. I really hope it doesn't take Wild Life type of an approach. Those types of unreal games turn into a decade long unfinished sandbox mess.
I know Rexx is a beginner when it comes to game development and learns by trial and error.
Still would've been good if this had an actual foundation in terms of story.
Bunch of women think they can beat orcs.
Get captured. Over time trained, with further training unlocking more scenes.
Rexx actually made several scene viewer "games" like this back in his WoW days. I don't know if they were archived after his site went down.

Cenwen

Sep 28, 2018
This is EXACTLY a Wild Life situation. A guy who knows how to rig models and animate scenes and nothing else, copy pasting his stuff into Unrealistic Expectations 5 engine and pretending it will ever amount to an actual game.
I know that Rexx is a hard worker from his WoW days. I used to be subbed to him every month. No idea whether he has any clue of how game development works but most people play NSFW games for their story and scenes. Most start with the general draft of the story and beginner area.
This particular game just throws you into a room with zero context. I will hold off from supporting this project until semblance of story and progression is done.
No offense to Steve from Wild Life but the game's been out for ungodly amount of time and it's barebones af. Dont want to fund a project that feels the same.

Orcslayers has a potential. Just needs an actual foundation to be built upon. Not random scenes.

4.30 star(s) 3 Votes