HTML Opera and HTML-Games: Continue from last session

SinnedBad

Jul 26, 2018
Hello everyone,

I have kind of a niche issue and I'm not sure anyone can help, but I guess, it can't hurt to ask.

Here's the thing:
I play HTML-games on the Opera browser which used to be pretty cool, because the browser would not only remember my tabs but also allow me to continue playing the game from where I left off during the last session.

But for a couple of weeks, that is no longer the case. Yes, the tabs are still open and of course, I can always load from a save game, but it's so much less convenient. Now I have to remember to save before closing the browser and that is just a bother, I'd rather not have to deal with.
I've already checked the settings and yes, I have activated the setting " Retain tabs from previous session" but I can't find anything else that might address my problem.

Does anybody have any advice for me?

averagehtmlenjoyer

Currently enjoying succubi
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2023
Twine saves are stored in the local storage by default, unless you save to disk. Your browser might also remember the session even if you didn't save but that can be fickle and easily overwritten by clearing cache, changing file names or stuff like that.

Reactions: SinnedBad

Alcahest

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
I don't know but did you try this?:

If Opera is not properly saving your browsing sessions, ensure that the "Continue Where You Left Off" option in the "On Startup" settings is enabled. To access these settings, click the Opera menu icon, select "Settings," and choose "On Startup."