Tool Ren'Py Open current line to edit translation

Deleted member 4812744

Apr 8, 2022
I want to share this script to help people who edit Renpy machine translations to improve or correct them and want to open the current line of the game.

I have done 3 scripts:

1- To use with VSCode
2- To use with Notepad++
3- To use with UltraEdit

IMPORTANT NOTE
You must edit the "path" to the VsCode exe or Notepad exe or UltraEdit exe location you have on your PC.

I have added Linux for Vscode, I cannot confirm that it works because I do not use Linux, I have not added it in Notepad, if anyone wants to add the improvement it would be welcome

How does it work?
During the game, press "F5" and the translation line you are currently playing will open.

If you press during a Menu, the translation will not open, the original script will open

Open_line_translation_Notepad.rpy

Open_line_translation_Vscode.rpy

Open_line_translation_UltraEdit.rpy

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
if you add developer mode with:

console.rpy

After editing and save changes, press shift+r and it updates automatically

Last edited:

clms100

Mar 19, 2020
I want to share this script to help people who edit Renpy machine translations to improve or correct them and want to open the current line of the game.

I have done 2 scripts:

1- To use with VSCode
2- To use with Notepad++

IMPORTANT NOTE
You must edit the "path" to the VsCode exe or Notepad exe location you have on your PC.

I have added Linux for Vscode, I cannot confirm that it works because I do not use Linux, I have not added it in Notepad, if anyone wants to add the improvement it would be welcome

How does it work?
During the game, press "F5" and the translation line you are currently playing will open.

If you press during a Menu, the translation will not open, the original script will open

Tested on a couple of machine translations and works great. Great help to improve machine translations. Thanks, Master

ankafra

May 15, 2021

I have done 2 scripts:

1- To use with VSCode
2- To use with Notepad++

IMPORTANT NOTE
You must edit the "path" to the VsCode exe or Notepad exe location you have on your PC.

How does it work?

I have tried.
Simple and very effective.
A great idea captured in a simple tool that will considerably help those who want to improve their translations.

Lo he probado.
Sencillo y muy eficaz.
Una gran idea plasmada en una sencilla herramienta que ayudara considerablemente a aquellos que desean mejorar sus traducciones.

✧Darax✧

May 5, 2019
and your opinion? :ROFLMAO:
I have to try it... I have not been able to do it. But from what I read... and I saw in the video... what lets you modify is the original game file or the tl folder?
////
Lo tengo que probar.. que no he podido hacerlo. Pero por lo que leo... y vi en el video.. lo que te deja modificar es el archivo original del juego o la carpeta tl?

Doberman666

Apr 3, 2020
I just tried a finished game that is translated with an automatic method and you make my life a lot easier

Acabo de probar en un juego terminado que esta traducido con método automático y me facilitas mucho la vida

May 13, 2020
I have to try it... I have not been able to do it. But from what I read... and I saw in the video... what lets you modify is the original game file or the tl folder?
////
Lo tengo que probar.. que no he podido hacerlo. Pero por lo que leo... y vi en el video.. lo que te deja modificar es el archivo original del juego o la carpeta tl?
I will answer you

if the translation line is running it will show you the translation line

if instead you play with the original files it will make you modify the original line,

and of course there must be .rpy or json depending on the game and not only rpa or only rpyc

the Bad-Palos line editor programme you see in the video is not provided for the moment

for updates ask paloslios

LoboElCid

Jun 23, 2022
Another great contribution to the community, great Mr Paloslios, I'm going to try it once and for all.

Otro gran aporte a la comunidad, grande Sr Paloslios, de una lo voy a probar.

Jun 23, 2022
IMPORTANT NOTE
NOTA IMPORTANTE
Debe editar la "ruta" a la ubicación VsCode exe o Notepad exe o UltraEdit exe que tenga en su PC.
Disculpa las molestias, cómo hago esto soy un novato en esto y no sé cómo hacer esto, si me explicas porfa te lo agradecería. Vscode instalé

Deleted member 4812744

Apr 8, 2022
Disculpa las molestias, cómo hago esto soy un novato en esto y no sé cómo hacer esto, si me explicas porfa te lo agradecería. Vscode instalé
Facil
en un juego ya traducido, metes los 2 scripts en la carpeta game, el de Vscode (debes editar la ruta a tu .exe del VSCode) y el de console, juegas normalmente y cuando quieras editar alguna linea pulsas F5 , editas la linea, guardas,vas al juego y pulsas shift+r y continuas jugando