4.10 star(s) 29 Votes

MeltyQuest

May 28, 2018
Anyone know if you can get charms when you're OP? I got my Oni pretty maxed and just now realized I'd need to lose to get more charms (right?) but I literally can't die. Just wanted to collect them for the sake of completion.

BadColor

Last edited:

Raven_branwen

Dec 23, 2023
has anyone gotten this error. was running fine a few hours ago and now it just keeps giving me this

of Create Event
for object obj_persist:

min argument 1 incorrect type (undefined) expecting a Number (YYGR)
at gml_Object_obj_persist_Create_0
############################################################################################
gml_Object_obj_persist_Create_0 (line -1)

deleted it all and reinstalled from the same and a different link (mega and pixeldrain). still not working

GodlessSinner

Sep 5, 2023
would prefer a little impregnation popup since you get knocked up with every loss, but still very nice :)

Last edited:
Apr 5, 2018
oni.png

Lol I spent way too much time trying to see how few runs I could get a complete run down to. As far as I can tell the 7-28% heal on special attack is the most important charm as it allows easy, extended farming early and can single handedly carry you through the later fights with a dex build. You also have to be able to hit 3s on most of the training minigames without buying any upgrades for it.

• Wow
Reactions: Bun5643

BadColor

Game Developer
Nov 12, 2021
Anyone know if you can get charms when you're OP? I got my Oni pretty maxed and just now realized I'd need to lose to get more charms (right?) but I literally can't die. Just wanted to collect them for the sake of completion.

BadColor
Not if you've beaten the game. the fastest way would be to spam losing at the final stage.

BadColor

Game Developer
Nov 12, 2021
has anyone gotten this error. was running fine a few hours ago and now it just keeps giving me this

of Create Event
for object obj_persist:

min argument 1 incorrect type (undefined) expecting a Number (YYGR)
at gml_Object_obj_persist_Create_0
############################################################################################
gml_Object_obj_persist_Create_0 (line -1)

deleted it all and reinstalled from the same and a different link (mega and pixeldrain). still not working
Try deleting the save file and starting the game again.

Apr 19, 2020
Bought this yesterday. Saw a link on f95 to the game's site. Didn't even know it was uploaded here.

If BadColor makes another tomagotchi game, I request an option to choose from 2 or 3 different girls, with their own unique special, and maybe each starts with a specific stat boosted. Like maybe one is a warrior with +1 strength, and the next is a tank with +1 vitality, and a rougue with +1 dexterity. Would raise replay value.

kasdiddd

Sep 15, 2018
anybody get cheat engine to work with this? a speedhack or gold editor would be very nice...

Acornus

Dec 5, 2017
I understand some people like to have an entire debate, but honestly, there is only a ramp up grind, nothing more, and it's pretty easy to speedrun the game under 50 minutes.

Vitality: 5-10-15-20 are the breakpoints per level where you don't get one shot anymore, outside of a crit (which you won't survive anyways without grinding double those points or triple). So simply get enough HP to at least not get double tapped and call it a day (last boss cannot one shot you at 20).

Dexterity: Kinda useless stat, usually indie games forget how OP attack speed can be (attack speed are double value of their damage counter parts), but in this game it's the opposite. Whatever unit speed they're using, it's literally 1 Dex = 1 Attack Speed, so not even percentage.
Even if you attack like a machine gun, you'll never out damage the enemy before they hit you during their recharge time, and you'll need A LOT of Dex to even reach those breakpoints (test it on the wolves and see what I mean in terms damage vs. attack speed value points).

Also, because you need items with decent levels in them to get the pay off, you may as well not put any points in Dex all (explained later).

Strength: Exponential increase of damage, I couple of points take you from 5 damage to 30 average at the start, and you're already one shotting enemies at he start. At around 70-80 damage, you can do quick runs in the first level without breaking a sweat.

Potions: Completely useless, they take a turn and barely heal, couple with Dexterity and it's inflated cost to pay off, you're just wasting a turn for no reason.

Milk: Early upgrade is worth it if you plan on doing body runs (simply quick grinds) so you have a high chance of finding the Roulette (it's worth for the early 50 coins alone), otherwise can skip it if you don't want deal with RNG.

As for the Charms (I didn't get all of them so based upon my drops so):

Midas Charm: Very strong early game item, since you should focusing on gold rather then XP (everything in this game is gold driven), and makes the first level give on average the same amount of gold as level 2. Only item that is even worth it with Dexterity early, and only for specific people (the ones who want to stand around punching a slime for 30 seonds).

Vampire: No matter how you run the math, it's the only one that scales both early and late game. 6-24 Heal early on vs. 5-10 Block on average for the Shield is a no brainier, and late game, when you're doing 800-2500 damage, while bosses are doing 300 tops, that's also not a debate (plus it sustains you against Counters and XP farming if you want). Benefits massively from Strength.

Slow: Early on can remove 10-25% of enemies Recharge, and it more reliable than the Stun, potentially letting you kill an enemy before they even get a turn off. Haven't found any other better early game items so far, especially from the first level. Only item that benefits from Dexterity, but only if you can actually lock them down, otherwise go with Strenght.

STR Shift: Low-Key the strongest and best QOL item in the game, removes a large chunk of the grind (you only need to focus on strength technically) and scales really well with a level or 2. If you use the VIT breakpoints above, you're pretty much set. Only issue is it can be a pain to get since it seems to drop from the second area.

Technique: BIS Power Charm, 1 or 2 levels make it so every other turn you're power attacking, and turns a lot of problem enemies in 1 shots. Scales massively with Strength.

Power: Extra 12%+ damage everytime you hit and not get hit. If you're not one shotting enemies and such, you're bascally Slowing them forever while constantly hitting them, meaning this charm has infinite damage. The only time a Dexterity build can work, but since you already are using STR Shift, that pays off by itself.

The only other thing I can say is that both Training and Charm Slots are the most cost efficient things, there is not point in buying a Stat by itself for 200 each and more Charms is better than getting an extra reroll on your charms.

Apr 19, 2020
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I mained the VIT Shift and Block. Added the Power Glove later. If you use VIT Shift, might as well build only VIT, and a fraction of DEX & STR. Block makes Power pretty much unfair. For any enemy who's not fast, a Block takes away their 1 chance to interrupt my Power multiplier. My main annoyance was always the damn trees. Block is only mildly effective on them and Power is barely useful at all due to Counter being so absurdly effective for them.

Apr 8, 2019
Honestly I wish this game had more content to it. The foundation is really good and the game flow is way more tolerable than most nsfw titles.

Like I dunno... if the dev added more enemies, domination sex animations for winning, balanced out the stat gain a bit better. I would be happy to buy it for 3x the current price. It won't happen though, I get the impression they don't care to add to it anymore.

Reactions: dragonsix6969

cetminer

Feb 13, 2020
Really wish the training was not only based on reaction, for some reason it feels really bad in this game, beat the game but I don't think I ever landed a 3rd hit, sometimes it landed really close to the bullseye but it didn't count, sometimes it did with the 2nd hit, annoying.
Also wish you could at least turn off health pot usage, they seem to hurt you more than anything by cancelling your attack progress

Last edited:
4.10 star(s) 29 Votes