Unity - Completed - Onigokko [Final] [Makai "A" Business Office]

1. 2.00 star(s)

Dyonos

Good art, and about nothing else.

Pros:
    +Great looking art, the oni girls are very cute, and there's a nice variety of ladies (generally ranging from "fake loli" to ultra busty)
    +The premise/backstory is excellent (I'd love to see a competent game use it someday)
    +The minigames are acceptable, and they at least hit a pretty decent balance of difficulty and duration

Cons:
    -The MTL is very obvious and generally understandable, but really detracts from the whole story and experience (lots of wrong pronouns, robotic sounding sentences, etc.)
    -The game basically gives you a cute little backstory, then drops you into a instant tutorial/explanation, then tutorial fight, then the story pretty much disappears
    -Lack of explanation of about mechanics. You need to raise your friendship level with the various girls to unlock talent points and other...things (the unlocks are not translated, even on English settings). You also need to defeat each girl outside the village to unlock each locations interactions and cutscene viewer. None of this is explained. And when you do beat the girls, then raise their friendship level, it doesn't tell you what to do next.
    -While the mini games and "battle fuck" system is not bad once or twice, you have to grind it to unlock things, and they are not even close to engaging enough to hold any interest.
    -The "scene viewer" you unlock is textless (not too bad a thing, the art is good and cute) but it scrolls extremely slowly, and more than once the "skip" button was broken or just didn't appear
    -Buggy as hell. I was able to save a few times less than 30 min into the game, but after that, clicking a slot to save on both froze the game and didn't save my progress. In addition, I got soft locked several times by the UI for an area disappearing. It made me just give up in the end.
    -Censored, but that's to be expected.

In the end, the art is the only reason I wouldn't give this a 1 star. If you can do everything in one sitting (to avoid the save crashes) and get lucky (to avoid the soft locks) and can tolerate very repetitive minigame and battlefuck grinding, then you might enjoy some of the CGs? Otherwise stay far away and hope someone posts a gallery online somewhere.