One Patreon or Two?

One patreon for both writing and games or two, one for writing, one for games.?

• Just one Patreon for both

Votes: 5 83.3%
  • Have two patreons, one for writing, one for games

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters

Melkor99

Dec 7, 2021
This is just a quick question. one of my acquaintances has been writing romance and erotica for Amazon for a while, and he's thinking of going the visual novel route. He's thinking of adding another patreon, but isn't certain whether or not that'd make people feel cheated.
OTH, if you're just interested in the books, suddenly having a bunch of posts about games could hurt interest.
So what do you think? One or Two patreons?

Hagatagar

Oct 11, 2019
The obligatory first: Patreon is there to support someone in their endeavors (whatever that may be), not to buy things.

There's not such a big difference between writing stories and writing VNs, as they both roughly appeal to the same audience and therefore makes no sense to treat them separately. Except maybe if one of them would be 18+ and the other is SFW. :unsure:
Especially because he apparently sells his books via Amazon.

Reactions: anne O'nymous

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
There's not such a big difference between writing stories and writing VNs, as they both roughly appeal to the same audience and therefore makes no sense to treat them separately. Except maybe if one of them would be 18+ and the other is SFW. :unsure:
I'm tempted to add that, if they both are 18+ content, having two different Patreon can have more negative impact than positive one.
If people support him, it's because they like his novel, therefore the chance that they would also love his VN is relatively high ; they are just enhanced novels after all. Discovering that they have to support him twice (what for many would feel likes "paying him twice") have high risk to be really badly perceived.
This while it's not impossible that is current patrons decide to upgrade their tiers the moment he starts to make more various content ; novels and visual novels. This because someone who make more efforts deserve to have more support.

Reactions: Hagatagar