the decisions (1/10)

note:
    - waste of your time
    - one of the shittist game i have ever played
    - no character development
    - no felling no sense at all
  2. 1.00 star(s)

Dinka

So lame. Why do I feel like this was just as lame in whatever jibber jabber it was written? Why do I want to try to impress an imaginary Peggy Bundy whilst masturbating? People fap to this? 1 star for disabling rollback, as if I give any fuck about your vision, or was ever going to restart this pile. There are games I've played twice that are more deserving of my attention.
  3. 4.00 star(s)

Absintheur

This is K84's best game, despite the fact that he's actually finished (!) three games so far, and if I recall correctly this is the middle one. That said, this is best mostly because the sex scenes don't have awkward angles that don't show anything, like in the Kelly's Family. I understand this is mostly because of rendering proper penetration, so to speak, is rather difficult prospect. But it was quite the disappointment in Kelly's family that the few scenes with anal (just as an example) you couldn't actually see anything except two 3d models suggesting something might be happening.

That said, the dev is reliable, does good quality work, and is definitely one to keep an eye on just sheer reliability and ability to finish games alone. That the three finished games are actually of decent quality overall is quite the rarity.

I admit, none -- including this game -- are perfect and not wholly to my taste. Too many choices that lead to nothing useful and the only real way to progress without spending hours of frustration is some minor save scumming.

While I commend that the games are actual games (as in not just a novel you read) I don't really enjoy doing the same thing over and over just to get to the point of this game existing. The proper way to do things would have been to give interesting alternative scenes or actions that would happen because of the choices. Just adding dozen minor choices that if failed in almost any number will lead to fail state is NOT a good game design. Unless you think that Sierra games were the pinnacle of game design, and you're just watering the "instant-death" choices down to "slow disappointment".

Sexual tension is great, teasing is great, making a player to do the same conversation 10 times to get perfect score and thus actually get anywhere interesting, not so great.

With minor save scumming this is easily done, so don't let it put you off the game as it at least shows you when you do things right, instead of just waiting until it ends and you're shit out of luck.

This sounds too negative: The game is good, so don't let me put you off it. Art isn't anything to print and put on bedroom wall, but it does what it needs to. Lighting is as in adult games in general, pretty bad. Good lighting fixes almost anything.