Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
Either I'm really stupid (probably) or does anyone else not know how to make the iron buckler? It says to go below the living area (I did) and use anvil there are 2 and neither of them work
Have you unlocked smithing profession already?

TheOtherYuggoth

Game Developer
Nov 13, 2017
Could you please shut off autosave if lost fight? Right now it saves after fight and if you lose, it's "load to game over".
Or create three separate autosave files, like 1) loading in to new location, 2) before and 3) after fight.

Also, the book that gives us "spells II" overrides access to "spells I" you see them but can't use. So you have to much "scroll down".
I've changed how auto saves work, no longer saving after the battle (The plugin does not allow me to disable on losing only).
As for multiple auto saves, this plugin I'm using doesn't really support that, and if it did, it could really mess with people porting old saves over (As it doesn't use special save slots, it uses the default save slots, with no options to custom configure each for a specific purpose).

Next patch or version release, your problem will be fixed. As this is not a game breaking bug I will not be releasing a hotfix at this time.

Reactions: Lucien88

Kalel7

May 21, 2017
So, I haven't even finished watching the intro yet but first impressions are very positive.

The setup, writing, tiles, music, etc., all do a great job of setting the atmosphere - fairly rare for the intro of an RPG maker game to impress me.

My only criticism so far is that it definitely needs a proofreader. There are a few misspelled or out of place words. (For example: 'existance' should be spelled existence, 'seperate' should be spelled separate, offguard should be off guard, in the context it's used apart should be 'a part', etc., etc.)

That said, it's not Engrish or anything - the meaning is (so far, at least) always perfectly clear. Looking forward to seeing where this one goes!

Last edited:

TheOtherYuggoth

Game Developer
Nov 13, 2017
So, I haven't even finished watching the intro yet but first impressions are very positive.

The setup, writing, tiles, music, etc., all do a great job of setting the atmosphere - fairly rare for the intro of an RPG maker game to impress me.

My only criticism so far is that it definitely needs a proofreader. There are a few misspelled or out of place words. (For example: 'existance' should be spelled existence, 'seperate' should be spelled separate, offguard should be off guard, in the context it's used apart should be 'a part', etc., etc.)

That said, it's not Engrish or anything - the meaning is (so far, at least) always perfectly clear. Looking forward to seeing where this one goes!
Yeah, the worst part of it all, is that if I could just use a text editor like libre office, without worrying about formatting issues. Most errors in grammar and spelling would be easy to deal with, but RPGmaker has a very finicky text box system. It straight up delete's text if it runs over to many sentences, and the text boxes can cut dialogue off at the ends, if the sentence is to long.

This is especially annoying because after increasing the resolution of the game, thus making the text boxes larger than normal. The game engine doesn't change the text cut-off marker (Which helps the creator keep the text within the box space), so despite having much more space to work with, I'm effectively writing dialogue blind, never sure if that sentence that fits snugly inside the text box is actually fitting properly. :mad:

Speaking of Engrish, have you played Love and Corruption? It's an amazing game, that game hits all of my fetishes, but breaks my dogdarn heart every time I try to parse what the dialogue is supposed to mean. Hurts my head trying to decipher the dialogue that for all intents and purposes is solid 'A' material.

Reactions: harem.king

harem.king

Engaged Member
Aug 16, 2023
Speaking of Engrish, have you played Love and Corruption? It's an amazing game, that game hits all of my fetishes, but breaks my dogdarn heart every time I try to parse what the dialogue is supposed to mean. Hurts my head trying to decipher the dialogue that for all intents and purposes is solid 'A' material.
I feel the same. I like that game a lot but goshdarnit it is a text game, the text should be legible.

TheOtherYuggoth

Game Developer
Nov 13, 2017
I feel the same. I like that game a lot but goshdarnit it is a text game, the text should be legible.
Every new update they release of it, I download it in the hopes that they finally hired someone to edit the dialogue, and every time I discover this to not be the case, and my soul crumbles just a little bit more...

Reactions: harem.king

Kalel7

May 21, 2017
That's an HTML one, right? I vaguely recall trying that one and abandoning it. If the Engrish in it is as bad as you say, that's probably why. Unfortunately there's a number of games I've just had to walk away from because they were so bad.

TheOtherYuggoth

Game Developer
Nov 13, 2017
I had to revisit it again and that worked what do you do after the mages guild quest
There are a few things you can do, exploring the eastern farmlands and riverlands for one, or you can complete the trials / investigations.
After you have cleared and developed the north and eastern territories some more quests will unlock within the meeting room.

Cirex101

Jun 4, 2022
Okay, so big problem. Revive potions don't work on downed party members. I try to revive Viconia after she goes down, and for some reason, when using a revive potion, I'm unable to select her.

Edit:

Also, apparently when clearing out the goblin cave we get an orc and a goblin. I've captured the orc, but where's the goblin?

Last edited:

TheOtherYuggoth

Game Developer
Nov 13, 2017
Okay, so big problem. Revive potions don't work on downed party members. I try to revive Viconia after she goes down, and for some reason, when using a revive potion, I'm unable to select her.

Edit:

Also, apparently when clearing out the goblin cave we get an orc and a goblin. I've captured the orc, but where's the goblin?
I'll look into fixing that, as for the goblin, they are only capturable before completing the goblin cave quest (Finding all clues).
The goblin is hidden within the camp, look closely.

Unless you mean that you cannot find the goblin after capturing them, then in that case, check the palace room the orc girl is in (To the East of the meeting room / barracks).

Noneless

Jul 27, 2017
I have a feeling I saw Sunra somewhere else... but not quite sure from where, Helltaker reference maybe?

TheOtherYuggoth

Game Developer
Nov 13, 2017
I have a feeling I saw Sunra somewhere else... but not quite sure from where, Helltaker reference maybe?
Not helltaker, she's a ripoff inspired by Charlie Morningstar, from Hazbin Hotel. :)

Additionally, Niza the Djinn, is a ripoff inspired by Urbosa, the Gerudo Princess from Zelda.
Although the character generator didn't really have a suitably large wedge nose to give her face, (I plan to commission an artist to straight up remake her portraits).

• Red Heart
Reactions: Noneless

TheOtherYuggoth

Game Developer
Nov 13, 2017
March 1st,
the focus of the next update will be expanding interaction with Sunra, as well as two new demons.
Oh, to clarify it's the backer version that focuses on Sunra and the new demons.
The public version gets the nude image of Zesurra, as well as the long awaited incest scenes with your lovable drow daughters. As well as two new quests; one involving foreign diplomats, and the other involving a hostile takeover of one of the Matriarch's primary business.

caju

Oct 5, 2017
What am I missing?
25 quests completed
Kids all grown up
No quests left
I have been past this point before.
I cant seem to get the quest to leave the home to trigger to go to the city

3.10 star(s) 8 Votes