• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.
May 6, 2023
is the phantom express just a huge waste of time? reached the end but nothing came off it
It's not a waste of time. It can be argued that it's the more rewarding dungeon of the game.
-The gambler can directly transport you to the orbs you are missing, except the black one.
-You also get the "dice" spell.
-The library in the train is maybe the most important place of the game : if you read Rokkas' book, you can free her from stone at New Rokkas, which can drastically help you in the final boss fight. But first you need to fight Rokkas in the arena, which is also a pretty tough fight (but it can give you 20K gold + 20K if you steal during the fight, so 40K in total).
-Nuan also get a buff if you read a specific book.

HHHshhadkkdk

Apr 29, 2023
It's not a waste of time. It can be argued that it's the more rewarding dungeon of the game.
-The gambler can directly transport you to the orbs you are missing, except the black one.
-You also get the "dice" spell.
-The library in the train is maybe the most important place of the game : if you read Rokkas' book, you can free her from stone at New Rokkas, which can drastically help you in the final boss fight. But first you need to fight Rokkas in the arena, which is also a pretty tough fight (but it can give you 20K gold + 20K if you steal during the fight, so 40K in total).
-Nuan also get a buff if you read a specific book.
How do I get past the library and what book do I read for nuan to get a buff.
Also the arena is like in New rokka right? The stadium place?

anubis1970

Engaged Member
Mar 1, 2018
To get past the library and to get Nuan's buff, read all the books.

The arena is in the Orc stronghold.

May 6, 2023
To pass the library you need to read the gambler's book. The books are placed in alphabetical order
I unfortunately don't remember the book you need to buff Nuan. Read all the books to be sure. It's not that long and the cutscenes are good. You even get to see Liliana's mother, it's fun.
The arena is in Tabnath. You need to defeat the orc queen before fighting Rokkas.

HHHshhadkkdk

Apr 29, 2023
ok thanks everyone you've been a big help another question, ive been screwing around deciding who to show mercy and not so like, is not taking over the orc kingdom good or bad for the ending? and how does it effect it? Im only planning on sparing the queen and the first fighter (im gonna enslave the enslaver decollar the 3rd one and get my free soul gem)

Terafreak

Jan 18, 2021
-Fixed an issue where the Lost Wizard had more HP than intended in Hard mode (5400 HP instead of 4000 HP).
-Tweaked balance for various bosses, such as the Lost Wizard, nerfing their Magic Attack to compensate for magic skills' damage buff.
Fuck, I thought the Lost Wizard was much more difficult than last time I played. So she really was!

I notice Samona can no longer equip Puppet Attachments onto herself with Self-Improvement, limiting her to the JP-learned versions only. Was that a bug, or a balancing change, or have I forgotten a step somewhere...?

ok thanks everyone you've been a big help another question, ive been screwing around deciding who to show mercy and not so like, is not taking over the orc kingdom good or bad for the ending? and how does it effect it? Im only planning on sparing the queen and the first fighter (im gonna enslave the enslaver decollar the 3rd one and get my free soul gem)
The primary ending choices are related to which final boss you face (there's more than one option; the last Jewel will be at all of them regardless, for reasons that become obvious once you find out...), and how you deal with them. I think if you go for the heroic ending, the Orc queen will be present at Lilina's coronation if you spare her and leave Tabnath in Orcish control. It's a minor detail in the end, as her absence (nor any other spared/punished character's) won't exactly sour the scene if you don't do this.

Terafreak

Jan 18, 2021
Two of the new classes, Clockwork Soldier and Arachne, address the gameplay issue of combat classes running out of juice after one or two big moves, and this may well lead to some overpowered combos.
The Soldier Shell draws upon its occupant's HP to refill its combat meter each turn, and has access to the occupant's Combat skills... so stick Nuan in one (even if she absolutely hates it judging by her Flirt text), have her expend some HP on stacking self-barriers (which do not take up her turn), and then Shirogiri to steal all that HP back from a boss. Then she can cast Kurogiri every turn (Soldier Shells have unimpressive AGI so Flame Dance won't land many hits), or even Aogiri instead if there are multiple targets. Probably don't want to use Akagiri, or the shell's power draw will empty her out on the next turn.

Of course, you could instead exploit the "refill Combat to 100 every turn" property to have Annie do some potentially hilarious things with Showdown, though I haven't put as much thought into that one yet. And there's the boring-but-practical choice of just spamming Protect every turn, as Soldier Shelled allies flatout don't die at 0 HP (they just stop being able to refill Combat so quickly)

I haven't played around very much with the Arachne class, mostly due to how difficult it is to get one (you need to make one from a cocooned ally, and I forgot where to buy the cocooning spell tome to do it easily...) Arachnes use other coccooned allies, even ones outside the active four party slots, as Combat batteries. She can just drink the Lust gauge right out of one to fill her Combat gauge without using up her turn. (Another use for the Commoner!) Presumably, this too can allow Nuan or Annie to spam big stuff.

Sable's kind of in shambles since I think the Fellacian Guard class can teach some of her skills to other characters, much like Copy Princess does for Lilina and the new Student class explicitly does for Sinian-- and I'm not sure Sable has enough unique stuff to still merit a party slot like the actual Lilina and Sinian do. Guess we could still just use her as Commoner 2, Commoner Harder.

Agisti31

Jan 29, 2023
You need to get at least 5 mask fragments from around the City of Mists. You get there by going from Yterre's mansion, right and up all the way. The masks are spread out with three in the shop, and others tied to bosses or encounters. Good luck!
You mean I'm looking for a puppet ruler mask in Misk City

SpikeEye

Sep 17, 2017
I notice Samona can no longer equip Puppet Attachments onto herself with Self-Improvement, limiting her to the JP-learned versions only. Was that a bug, or a balancing change, or have I forgotten a step somewhere...?
It's 100% an unmentioned nerf with the 4.0 version.
samona's self improvement 3.5.png samona's self improvement 4.0.png

Last edited:
4.30 star(s) 21 Votes