NSON Save Files

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

jebediahk42

Jun 3, 2018
DMCDante11 zebres jebediahk42
Hey guys, i uploaded my improved version of the editor script, feel free to check it out:
https://f95zone.to/threads/nson-editor.90869/
a bit more info on what I did
"
C:\Users\name\Desktop\New folder (2)>python nson_decryptor.py -w -GameSave002.nson
Python was not found; run without arguments to install from the Microsoft Store, or disable this shortcut from Settings > Manage App Execution Aliases.

C:\Users\name\Desktop\New folder (2)>python nson_edit.py -w -GameSave002.nson
Python was not found; run without arguments to install from the Microsoft Store, or disable this shortcut from Settings > Manage App Execution Aliases.

C:\Users\name\Desktop\New folder (2)>python nson_edit.py -w -GameSave002
Python was not found; run without arguments to install from the Microsoft Store, or disable this shortcut from Settings > Manage App Execution Aliases."

jebediahk42

Jun 3, 2018
DMCDante11 zebres jebediahk42
Hey guys, i uploaded my improved version of the editor script, feel free to check it out:
https://f95zone.to/threads/nson-editor.90869/
installed it from the microsoft store. now I get this:

C:\Users\name\Desktop\New folder (2)>python nson_decryptor.py -w -GameSave002.nson
usage: nson_decryptor.py [-h] (-c | -x) -i INPUT -o OUTPUT
nson_decryptor.py: error: the following arguments are required: -i/--input, -o/--output

C:\Users\name\Desktop\New folder (2)>python nson_decryptor.py -w -GameSave002
nson_decryptor.py: error: the following arguments are required: -i/--input, -o/--output

jebediahk42

Jun 3, 2018
At this point it has been weeks of trying to figure out how to edit the nson save files with my 0 knowledge in coding.

DMCDante11

Mar 31, 2018
installed it from the microsoft store. now I get this:

C:\Users\name\Desktop\New folder (2)>python nson_decryptor.py -w -GameSave002
Dont put the dash infront of the file name. It should be C:\Users\name\Desktop\New folder (2)>python nson_decryptor.py -w GameSave002.nson. Also which script are you using? The one in this thread or the new one?

DMCDante11

Mar 31, 2018
Why dont you try this. Put the nson file you want to edit and the attached script in the New Folder (2) and run it with this command " C:\Users\name\Desktop\New folder (2)>python nson_decryptor.py -w GameSave002.nson" and see what you get.

UserNo999

Feb 26, 2021
I still can't get it to work.
"Python was not found(...)
If you installed python from the official python website then you can use the standard "py" launcher on windows, which basically means you can replace "python" or "python3" with "py".

UserNo999

Feb 26, 2021
At this point it has been weeks of trying to figure out how to edit the nson save files with my 0 knowledge in coding.
Why dont you try this. Put the nson file you want to edit and the attached script in the New Folder (2) and run it with this command " C:\Users\name\Desktop\New folder (2)>python nson_decryptor.py -w GameSave002.nson" and see what you get.
  • If you put everything in one folder and execute cmd from there you don't have to worry about pathnames.
    Protip: If you open the explorer in that folder and write "cmd" into the address bar and press <enter>, the commandline window will start in that location.

• jebediahk42 It seems like you mixed up the script instructions. My script is called "nson_edit.py" whereas Joofers script is called "nson_decryptor.py". Both have individual parameters and work differently.

jebediahk42

Jun 3, 2018
YES!!!!! It works! It works! Thank you sooo much!

jebediahk42

Jun 3, 2018
  • If you put everything in one folder and execute cmd from there you don't have to worry about pathnames.
    Protip: If you open the explorer in that folder and write "cmd" into the address bar and press <enter>, the commandline window will start in that location.

• jebediahk42 It seems like you mixed up the script instructions. My script is called "nson_edit.py" whereas Joofers script is called "nson_decryptor.py". Both have individual parameters and work differently.
yeah. I also renamed it. Was using both kinda. But it got solved. I'll go edit the shit out of that save. Ty for your script also. And the "write CMD in the adress bar to open it right into the directory" thing also helped a lot.

Reactions: UserNo999

ThyDentar

Mar 11, 2018
Can someone make a version of this that doesn't require more than the 2 braincells I have avaliable to rub together? Because I for the life of me can't get this to work at all.

UserNo999

Feb 26, 2021
Can someone make a version of this that doesn't require more than the 2 braincells I have avaliable to rub together? Because I for the life of me can't get this to work at all.
I made another post with my own script, did you try that one out too? I know it can be cumbersome for beginners to work with the commandline. Maybe in the future i will try to make a full GUI version of my script, but at the moment i neither have time for that nor do i have any idea about gui programming, sorry.

derfirm

Jan 9, 2021
Hey
I recently found another editor online (I could not find it in Google, but in Yandex search it almost immediately), it supports nson files, it seems to me a little more convenient than installing a programming language and constantly tormenting yourself with a script(s).
Before editing, be sure to make backups, there are no guarantees of what's inside and how it processes our save files. Enjoy!

seden

Aug 22, 2016
Ok, thanks for the headup, shame saveedit.online doesn't support .nson.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote