Ren'Py - NPC Tales: The Shopkeeper [v0.05] [D.mon Games]

1. 5.00 star(s)

Corvo1919

A short game at the moment but fun to play. Development seems to have just started so it looks like there will likely be a lot more content and characters in the future. It'd be nice to see some more minigames and items in the game but the current content is enough to have fun.
    One thing I like is how you're thrown into the game and there isn't a mountain of text. Having a little more dialogue and text in the intro might be good but I rather have too little text than too much.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

blackdrake69

This is a very promising demo, I look forward to more content being added. Some issues figuring out the exact location to change actions, but once you realize you have to you have feel around for them its pretty intuitive. The art is great as well. Keep up the good work!
  3. 5.00 star(s)

sptifylvl02

NPC Tales: The Shopkeeper
    NPC Tales: The Shopkeeper is a mesmerizing game that seamlessly blends fantasy, romance, and entrepreneurship. As the charming elf shopkeeper, players embark on a journey of enchantment and desire, managing a bustling emporium while navigating the intricacies of love. The protagonist's alluring traits add a captivating layer to the narrative, drawing players deeper into the immersive world. From brewing potent potions to enchanting customers with irresistible charm, every interaction feels electric. What sets this game apart is its heartfelt exploration of relationships, as the protagonist grapples with their feelings for a mysterious admirer. The visuals are breathtaking, with lush landscapes and exquisitely designed characters that enhance the enchanting atmosphere. Despite its focus on romantic elements, NPC Tales: The Shopkeeper offers a compelling gameplay experience that transcends mere titillation, making it a must-play for fans of fantasy and romance alike.
  4. 4.00 star(s)

popabear

NPC Tales: The Shopkeeper [v0.05]

It's a proof of concept. Nothing more, nothing less. Don't dl and expect a game.

It's a 1-scene "game".

With that said, everything is super clean, from the UI to the coding, art and animation. I also enjoyed the easter-egg-like minigame where you rob her of her clothes and sell them back to her. I chuckled. I would love to see a full game from this developer.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

rapewhore

It's in the early stages but with a lot of potential.
    A fun twist on the freeuse concept.

Art style is not for everyone but I find it appealing and suited for the game style and better and more consistently done compared to several other games. Several different suitable facial expressions for example.

So far it is a simple, short game but well done and one I am looking forward to every new update.
  6. 1.00 star(s)

Kepkop

Not a fan of the art and the music. It's pretty obvious that it's AI -
    that will be a big problem with future updates.

The gameplay loop is annoying

Not sure what else to say, I'm just annoyed by AI stuff, it's just all the same.
  7. 4.00 star(s)

orangesrkewl

Really early version of the game so there's not much to it.. BUT, I do see potential in it being great within a few more updates. Art is superb and the character is super cute. Add in a few more scenes, polish the overall gameplay and voila.
  8. 3.00 star(s)

PolandReez

Good game good art but obviously there is nothing yet to really make a good review out of it.

I'll revisit in a couple update and probably change this review if it becomes better.

So good foundations I wish the dev a good development and to do his best. Go get it tiger!
  9. 5.00 star(s)

Nathous

Kinda funny game, refreshing and simple gameplay. I definitely want to se more of this ! Art is very good yet assisted but very good.

Of course this is a very early game but I see the potential for a casual game without hight pretention and that's nice as it is.
  10. 2.00 star(s)

DBongus

There's nothing much to it and as the dev himself mentioned this is more of a proof of concept.
    I like the general presentation and overlay, this is sort of like a puzzle game, it goes like this: Fondle the elf shop keeper, buy thieving book and use it, steal clothes while the 'angry' meter is low, sell clothes until you have money to buy the magic staff, buy and equip said staff, use everything to get her to climax. It's tedious at best since you have to constantly wait for the angry meter to go down or cheat like I did. All of this takes 15 minutes

Current content:
    There's one looping music track, a shop of sorts with junk and a couple of key items. You get one female character which you can quickly tell from a glance that her art was done with AI, but at least it's consistent and not the worst I've seen, you can see the elf naked, fondle her and your dude can rub his dick on her pussy. That's the game in it's current state

Overall not the worst first release I've come across, But I can see the AI art approach bogging down the dev down the line so I don't see much of a future going forward