Ren'Py NPC Tales: The Shopkeeper [v0.05] [D.mon Games]

3.80 star(s) 9 Votes

Faxe10%

Apr 30, 2023
Again sorry bruh... I think this game needs a walkthrough... I tried to undress this cute girl in every way but I couldn't. Maybe you should make it more understandable what to do in this type of puzzle?

Clipboard02.jpg

Reactions: Hermies

D.mon

Game Developer
Dec 29, 2023
Again sorry bruh... I think this game needs a walkthrough... I tried to undress this cute girl in every way but I couldn't. Maybe you should make it more understandable what to do in this type of puzzle?

View attachment 3481035
No worries, I appreciate the feedback.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Is the sword useful for anything?
Not at the moment, was supposed to be used as a toy, but alternatively I focused on using magic. Will add something in the future.

joryh

Nov 8, 2021
Nah, It really is my fault, I've rushed trough the sketch and focused on the soles without realising that they are both right feet... Even when polishing...
View attachment 3481040
This is about the only way I tolerate ai being used. Other than as a means to populate background props or settings. Like paintings on walls, or city backdrops. I've seen the picture example used in games that aren't marked ai, but imo, shouldn't be cause they ain't the focus and how many ppl realistically even bother looking at a pic on the wall that is about a cm2 or 2 onscreen.

Also made me laugh that the foot reversal was you and not the ai. But using it to polish your own work, I have no real problems with. That from someone who will ignore ai games over %99 of the time. This one and the pic on wall example the only two so far that I haven't.

Am gonna wait for some meat to grow on the bones before I give it a bash tho. My backlog is so large I probably wouldn't get to it before some updates anyway.

Femed

Dec 30, 2019
I'll follow your work, Free use content is hard to find in here and I love what you did here. I just hope you can expand this idea and grow as a developer, Good promotion art btw, it catched my eyes in the "latest updates" page.

Reactions: D.mon

orangutaint

Jun 29, 2018
Use it as an in joke later on. You ask her to do a sexy dance for you, and she complains that she can't, as she has two right feet. When you ask if she means two left feet, she sighs and explains that it's a long story.

Hmm, and I bet you can make some demihuman species or other look unnervingly uncanny by intentionally reversing their hands and feet.

D.mon

Game Developer
Dec 29, 2023
This is about the only way I tolerate ai being used. Other than as a means to populate background props or settings. Like paintings on walls, or city backdrops. I've seen the picture example used in games that aren't marked ai, but imo, shouldn't be cause they ain't the focus and how many ppl realistically even bother looking at a pic on the wall that is about a cm2 or 2 onscreen.

Also made me laugh that the foot reversal was you and not the ai. But using it to polish your own work, I have no real problems with. That from someone who will ignore ai games over %99 of the time. This one and the pic on wall example the only two so far that I haven't.

Am gonna wait for some meat to grow on the bones before I give it a bash tho. My backlog is so large I probably wouldn't get to it before some updates anyway.
I certainly appreciate you checking out the thread! I can understand the distaste for AI being used as a cheap workaround. Personally, when it comes to production, I believe it to be a very useful tool, what I did here would have taken me several months longer to produce seeing as I can't be satisfied with my own artwork and take to much time "perfecting" it and all that while learning to code in renpy, working my day job and some other personal stuff in my life.
So Yeah, I'm grateful you and others are willing to look in to it despite the AI tag!

I'll follow your work, Free use content is hard to find in here and I love what you did here. I just hope you can expand this idea and grow as a developer, Good promotion art btw, it catched my eyes in the "latest updates" page.
Thank you, I appreciate it! I am a fan of games that allow players to interact with the characters freely, and as you said, those types of games are rare, which is the primary reason I started working on one of my own!
I will definitely work on expanding this as this demo is a fraction of what I had in mind, this is more to see what I can do technically within renpy before fully committing to the project!

Just curious. So you sketched the pic, and then used AI to clean it up?
Depanding on the asset, yeah. To be honest, I just started with AI and don't really know how to get what I visualise to be generated, so I prefear to sketch things out and have the AI generate based on that and than I clean up anything i need to on top of the AI image. And I'm also doing animations by hand, although there isn't much here at the moment.

Use it as an in joke later on. You ask her to do a sexy dance for you, and she complains that she can't, as she has two right feet. When you ask if she means two left feet, she sighs and explains that it's a long story.

Hmm, and I bet you can make some demihuman species or other look unnervingly uncanny by intentionally reversing their hands and feet.
Hahaha, thats a really good idea! I'll keep that in mind for future updates! Thanks!

Reactions: PDP19

PDP19

Aug 31, 2022
First impressions: bear in mind that this is in fact a working model, sort of like a tech demo so things can rapidly change in time.

- There is definitely potential with the game model. Being able to grope for profit is not something that is fully explored in H games
- At present the game is too linear. Youre not groping out of satisfaction, youre doing it because the game dictates you need to. There should be different avenues of action and multiple ways to fail. Ideally, the girl should offer some resistance that hinders your progress (like covering up etc.)
- I would recommend fleshing out the girls, in terms of facial emotions, multiple gestures, or hell just make it an entirely different pic for each action. Emotional satisfaction is many times more important than physical ones.
- A game like this should theoretically feature more than 1 girl. It makes zero sense to steal their clothing and then proceed to sell them the very same article:p

Keep up the good work and dont give up :)

wineandwink

Mar 17, 2020
Really great game concept, and execution - especially for a demo in such early development!

Really hope you keep going, would love to see more from you.

D.mon

Game Developer
Dec 29, 2023
First impressions: bear in mind that this is in fact a working model, sort of like a tech demo so things can rapidly change in time.

- There is definitely potential with the game model. Being able to grope for profit is not something that is fully explored in H games
- At present the game is too linear. Youre not groping out of satisfaction, youre doing it because the game dictates you need to. There should be different avenues of action and multiple ways to fail. Ideally, the girl should offer some resistance that hinders your progress (like covering up etc.)
- I would recommend fleshing out the girls, in terms of facial emotions, multiple gestures, or hell just make it an entirely different pic for each action. Emotional satisfaction is many times more important than physical ones.
- A game like this should theoretically feature more than 1 girl. It makes zero sense to steal their clothing and then proceed to sell them the very same article:p

Keep up the good work and dont give up :)
Thank you, I appreciate the feedback!

As mentioned before, this demo is mainly for me to explore the technical possibilities with in renpy in order to understand what I can do for future updates and projects. This is my first time working with renpy and python so I have a lot to learn in this regard.

I do plan on expanding a bit more on this project with new mechanics and animations. But ultimately it's a fraction of an idea i have to make a bigger world with multiple characters that you can interact in similar ways, and for players to have the freedom to explore those interactions at their own pace.

As for the characters reaction, there are two things to consider, one being free use fantasy, which at its core requires partners not to react to any actions from you, the other being that they are npc and act only as programmed, more so for the purposes of the fantasy rather than actual technical restrictions. Of course I understand what you mean by emotional satisfaction, which is why I included some facial reaction, but any reaction has to be balanced out as to not ruin the free use fantasy.

There are multiple facial expressions included, however, I haven't gotten to balancing them out properly with the emotional bars, they are connected to variables and change accordingly, which is probably why you'll see her angry most of the time.

Again I appreciate the feed back from you and every one here! The reason why I published this so early is precisely to see what people think, like and dislike, so I can adapt to it when going forward!

Reactions: Hermies and Kudram

Merlk

Jan 21, 2019
in tags it says that this game has ''vaginal sex'' but what's only available is vaginal rubbing, which i exactly don't count as sex.

3.80 star(s) 9 Votes