• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Ren'Py Not Another Adventurer! [v0.0.1.1] [Not Another Adventurer!]

JoeBanks

Innocent Witches
Game Developer
May 5, 2018
title.png

Overview:
Step into an alternate fantasy world in 'Not Another Adventurer!'. In a world where men are at war with demons and the rest are in dungeons searching for treasures to support their kingdom, you find yourself alone. You arrive the only man in Elariel's Haven, a village devoted in every way to their goddess' needs. Where you prove worshipping the Goddess of Lust, Aphrodite isn't just about being easy, it's about getting hard. Join the protagonist as they navigate this absurdity, stumble upon a wild slave trade scheme, and discover magic is real (kind of). Then head to the Outlands to meet beast people with tent-pitching tendencies? Spoiler alert: Things get even nuttier, literally in Castle City, where you can befriend a Dullahan who's best when it comes to head, but even better in bed!

But the real kicker? You might just end up as the king over this land of lust... who knows!​

Thread Updated: 2024-05-09
Release Date: 2024-05-06
Developer: Not Another Adventurer! - - - - -
Censored: No
Version: 0.0.1.1
Language: English
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Changelog:

Developer Notes:

DOWNLOAD
Win/Linux: - - - -
Mac: - - - -
Android: - - - -

screen_preview_01.png web_preview.png

Last edited:

Vexyloph

May 5, 2024
Looking pretty neat, clean and detailed images. Small and nice introduction in the demo. Ingame real-time clock seems a bit unnecessary.

Good luck on your journey! I like to see this project developed.

• Angry
Reactions: Schnubsl

Vexyloph

May 5, 2024
I think your prejudice is based on literally nothing. They clearly labeled the post with "ai cg". If you so against it why not put it in your excluded tags?
Some of the CG I saw that done with AI is looking pretty good, including this one and NPC Tales: The Shopkeeper. I am not seeing any disfigured body or hands, like the image you've provided.

DeUglyOne

Bite Me!
Donor
Sep 1, 2017
"Not all images are even finalized, there is placeholder art to get the game out to the masses."

With AI? You're joking, right?

You're doing yourself a disservice, and hurting your reputation more, by rushing it out to try and drum up supporters.

Sparse previews that basically show us one actual screen shot, and nothing else, give the impression that you've spent much more on writing the preview than anything else. The whole purpose of these threads is to convince us to download and try your game. I am not convinced, or impressed, in the slightest.

CoffeeSaint

Mar 12, 2022
I was going to Blah Blah Blah once again about A.I., but I guess this shite is here to stay.

me, BlahBlahBlahing against A.I.

I guess I'll just go with the flow for now.

Godspeed with your project, JoeBanks;
thanks for sharing it.

• Hey there
Reactions: rKnight

Slayerz

Aug 2, 2017
Damn don't see these Terms of Service agreements often here :oops:

Saw some .bat files in the folder and was sus for a second, all good

1715273102044.png

• Thinking Face
Reactions: WankerDxD

DeUglyOne

Bite Me!
Donor
Sep 1, 2017
I think your prejudice is based on literally nothing. They clearly labeled the post with "ai cg". If you so against it why not put it in your excluded tags?
Some of the CG I saw that done with AI is looking pretty good, including this one and NPC Tales: The Shopkeeper. I am not seeing any disfigured body or hands, like the image you've provided.
Funny you should mention TS as an example. I had ignored that one, so I followed the link to take another look.
The original banner for that one had the wrong foot (right foot) on the lifted left leg. That's when I ignored it.

They may have fixed it now, but missing such a blaring error, on a banner no less, dropped his coffin in the hole.

Reactions: Vexyloph

Slayerz

Aug 2, 2017
The plot of this game reminds me of the Egyptian god Min, the god of fertility.

The story is that every man went to battle while this guy stayed hidden in the village. When the war was over, every woman in the village was pregnant. They found out who that person was and cut 1 of his arms, as depicted here:

1715276360318.png

Vexyloph

May 5, 2024
Funny you should mention TS as an example. I had ignored that one, so I followed the link to take another look.
The original banner for that one had the wrong foot (right foot) on the lifted left leg. That's when I ignored it.

They may have fixed it now, but missing such a blaring error, on a banner no less, dropped his coffin in the hole.
Welp, my bad on the example, I definitely missed that. I agree to having a wrong foot at the banner is a pretty big mistake by the Dev and (rightfully) can be a deal breaker to some. Especially while the AI "artists" is being looked this negatively.

On the other hand, TS was much better experience for me when compared to the most games in "early development" so if you ignored it just because of that, I suggest you giving it a one more chance.

JoeBanks

Innocent Witches
Game Developer
May 5, 2018
"Not all images are even finalized, there is placeholder art to get the game out to the masses."

You're doing yourself a disservice, and hurting your reputation more, by rushing it out to try and drum up supporters.

Sparse previews that basically show us one actual screen shot, and nothing else, give the impression that you've spent much more on writing the preview than anything else. The whole purpose of these threads is to convince us to download and try your game. I am not convinced, or impressed, in the slightest.
Sorry I did not meet your expectations.

Last edited:

formasual

Jan 17, 2019
First few games I seen that AI drew the characters I thought were interesting. But then more came out and the characters were looking the same. Is AI stuck on making only a specific looking character? Or are people just asking to make the same thing? Seriously just asking because I can't imagine why every AI generated character image looks so uncanny.

• Angry
Reactions: Schnubsl

JoeBanks

Innocent Witches
Game Developer
May 5, 2018
First few games I seen that AI drew the characters I thought were interesting. But then more came out and the characters were looking the same. Is AI stuck on making only a specific looking character? Or are people just asking to make the same thing? Seriously just asking because I can't imagine why every AI generated character image looks so uncanny.
Like the art style or the characters?

Also, this is a sprite and a completely layered image to nudity, I don't see the problem if I bring all the art to this level, which I will over time. The issue is, this factually is time consuming, there's no real short cuts to high levels of detail.

1715298946717.png

But I want to get the game out and garner feedback and try to actually make a game people want to play. AI has been helpful in that regard but it can't finish or do the work for me :p

Reactions: dudemon

Ahip

Dec 23, 2017

Yayy. Incomplete barebones game with barebones AI art (and probably terrible gameplay). I sure want to support this dev who wants people to directly tell him how to make his game whilst asking that they fund its development on top of it. This dev definitely deserves my support more than those other devs on DLsite who put out COMPLETED games, with ORIGINAL art and reasonable gameplay. At this point its more fun to shame these AI shortcutists than it is to play their F tier 'games'.

formasual

Jan 17, 2019

Also, this is a sprite and a completely layered image to nudity, I don't see the problem if I bring all the art to this level, which I will over time. The issue is, this factually is time consuming, there's no real short cuts to high levels of detail.

View attachment 3619995

But I want to get the game out and garner feedback and try to actually make a game people want to play. AI has been helpful in that regard but it can't finish or do the work for me :p
No I mean the way you can point out a character created by AI from a variety of images. They all look so much alike. As I said, "uncanny". Please understand I meant no disrespect towards you at all. Its the simple matter of them all looking so similar that they can picked from a long lineup with 99% accuracy. I'm just curious why this is, when AI could or should be able to create a much wider variety of human-like images.
I went through the list of games for a bit just to double check. Anything with "cg ai" will mostly all look the same in terms of the characters. Not to say it doesn't look good, but that quality does start to diminish when its so commonly seen with AI.

NoTraceOfLuck

Formerly 'trazzdiiiii'
Apr 20, 2018

View attachment 3619995

What AI do you use to create layered are like this? Or are you generating the character, and then doing the layers yourself? I searched around for AIs that could do this, but could not find any that both 1: Accept NSFW images, and 2: Are good with illustrations / etc... (eg: RunwayML can do really good modifications, but it produces complete trash if you try and send it an illustration, it's only good with real photos)