VN Ren'Py Abandoned Normal Trade Relations [v0.35] [Lostworks]

3.00 star(s) 1 Vote

joelurmel

Nov 3, 2022
Well, this is a beta for a reason and in my haste to get you a bugfix, I ended up attaching part of the script for the next version. So, tell you what, take whatever you see as black there as a preview for what you'll get in two weeks. It might not be enjoyable without the renders but Disciple of Virginia does the same thing.
I'm a old developper and in all my life, I have never shipped something like that...
And buy a hairdresser to Miranda, if you want more audience. It's too ridiculous

Drexelhand

Lostworks Dev
Game Developer
May 2, 2017
I'm a old developper and in all my life, I have never shipped something like that...
And buy a hairdresser to Miranda, if you want more audience. It's too ridiculous
Look, I appreciate the criticism. So, here you go. I'd appreciate it if you could delete those screenshots you posted as well, just to hide that preview you got.

Drexelhand

Lostworks Dev
Game Developer
May 2, 2017
To summarize what happened in this page, I misnamed a variable. Either get it from the above post or .

luxuriasatanica

Dec 2, 2018
Antagonist: "Yo bitch, you so fine."

Wife: "No, I'm married!"

Antagonist: "But my cock so big!"

Wife: "You're right"

*Wife blows him*

*Husband jacks off*
That are the binaries in human brain; even though high-level languages are more sophisticated, when all is said and done, the aforementioned is all there is.

• Haha
Reactions: Ashen Bunny

joelurmel

Nov 3, 2022
Look, I appreciate the criticism. So, here you go. I'd appreciate it if you could delete those screenshots you posted as well, just to hide that preview you got.
Why ? There is no reason... All downloader will see the same. It's just to warn there is no need to download the actual beta and the V3.rpy, because the game have too few contents mor after the 0.6.4

Drexelhand

Lostworks Dev
Game Developer
May 2, 2017
Why ? There is no reason... All downloader will see the same. It's just to warn there is no need to download the actual beta and the V3.rpy, because the game have too few contents mor after the 0.6.4
I'm not sure exactly what you're trying to say?

Drexelhand

Lostworks Dev
Game Developer
May 2, 2017
There is no reason to download the 0.3 beta actually, it's just a waste of time and bandwith.
Want to be more interesting, add more content and less bugs
See, I disagree. If there was proper testing, more content and more dialogue, it wouldn’t be a beta. If you download a beta, you should expect that you’re seeing a work in progress which may have functionality issues. Especially one from an independent studio. If you have a different philosophy, that’a fair.

joelurmel

Nov 3, 2022
See, I disagree. If there was proper testing, more content and more dialogue, it wouldn’t be a beta. If you download a beta, you should expect that you’re seeing a work in progress which may have functionality issues. Especially one from an independent studio. If you have a different philosophy, that’a fair.
And if you want a real beta test. don't offer a beta with less than 100 jpg more than the previous version.
In that case there basically nothing to test...

Drexelhand

Lostworks Dev
Game Developer
May 2, 2017
And if you want a real beta test. don't offer a beta with less than 100 jpg more than the previous version.
In that case there basically nothing to test...
As I've said, you and I have a different philosophy on this and that's fair but I'm not going to release beta or alpha versions based on your definition of them. That would be unfair to both of us. If you don't wish to download them, then don't and wait for the full release, I'm just as happy to have you play that as I am to have you play this.

Reactions: Maxus_mudo

SISIMEN

Jun 9, 2017
PixxxelStudio and Drexelhand - Your responsiveness to everyone posting on this thread is good to see (even with the naysayers and passive-aggressive anti-NTR crowd). Thank you.

Imagine if someone jumped into a VN/Game thread and bashed another kink or fetish. They would be met with an immediate, visceral reaction and most likely personally attacked, yet people are constantly hopping into VN/Game threads and getting whipped into a frenzy about how much they hate NTR and then arguing with anyone that engages them on the topic. For someone to immediately equate everything "NTR" as beta-cuck is so very small minded and speaks volumes about what kind of person kink shames another.

I digress.

I am interested to see how your VN progresses and I am looking forward to how you flesh out the connections between the characters. It seems you understand that "NTR" isn't just cuckolding. The fact that there are SO many facets of sharing, cheating, swinging, cuckold/cuckqueen, netori, netorare, etc. that crop up depending on how the characters are written and what they enjoy. I am hopeful this is what we can look forward to in your creation.

PixxxelStudio - As someone that rendered (briefly) for a VN and works 40+ hours a week with other obligations to family, friends, etc. I understand. Don't EVER apologize for what you are doing. You keep doing what you do and know that there are those of us who appreciate it and the rest should "put up, or shut up"

Drexelhand - I started writing three VNs some time ago and have one script that is several chapters long, one that is nearly that long and another that I just started a few months ago. And, again, I understand the work it takes to do something well (even it you are passionate about it) - As anyone can see I have never put anything together as a developer to present so I am not one to criticize anyone's work. That said, you keep writing the story YOU want and don't worry about satisfying anyone else.

I look forward to future updates.

joelurmel

Nov 3, 2022
I am the one who does the renders, I do have my own reasons aside from work, but to be fair having a full-time job does make it harder for me to render hundreds of images per month, not everyone does this full-time, I have a job that is a priority, and whenever I find some time, I use it for these renders. Sorry if my pace is not enough, I promise I am doing my very best whenever I have the time for it, I do not want to upset any of you, I will try to do better after the summer is over and work is less bothersome. I hope you guys can forgive my lack of speed :/

edit: not south America slums, but to be fair not that far off on poverty part so your logic stands :D
I have worked for Sun Microsystems and Oracle for 10 years and my defintion is the industry definition, so update yours...

Reactions: bucvol

joelurmel

Nov 3, 2022
PixxxelStudio and Drexelhand - Your responsiveness to everyone posting on this thread is good to see (even with the naysayers and passive-aggressive anti-NTR crowd). Thank you.

Imagine if someone jumped into a VN/Game thread and bashed another kink or fetish. They would be met with an immediate, visceral reaction and most likely personally attacked, yet people are constantly hopping into VN/Game threads and getting whipped into a frenzy about how much they hate NTR and then arguing with anyone that engages them on the topic. For someone to immediately equate everything "NTR" as beta-cuck is so very small minded and speaks volumes about what kind of person kink shames another.

I digress.

I am interested to see how your VN progresses and I am looking forward to how you flesh out the connections between the characters. It seems you understand that "NTR" isn't just cuckolding. The fact that there are SO many facets of sharing, cheating, swinging, cuckold/cuckqueen, netori, netorare, etc. that crop up depending on how the characters are written and what they enjoy. I am hopeful this is what we can look forward to in your creation.

PixxxelStudio - As someone that rendered (briefly) for a VN and works 40+ hours a week with other obligations to family, friends, etc. I understand. Don't EVER apologize for what you are doing. You keep doing what you do and know that there are those of us who appreciate it and the rest should "put up, or shut up"

Drexelhand - I started writing three VNs some time ago and have one script that is several chapters long, one that is nearly that long and another that I just started a few months ago. And, again, I understand the work it takes to do something well (even it you are passionate about it) - As anyone can see I have never put anything together as a developer to present so I am not one to criticize anyone's work. That said, you keep writing the story YOU want and don't worry about satisfying anyone else.

Because you don't know how work a beta program, I will explain step by step
At 90 % If you have added a lot of code you can create an alpha shipment WITH documentation to verify the consistency to a restricted group of person. This is to save your time and not having multiple report of the same bug/typo. If not go to 95 %. If bug made correction to the code to reach the 95%.
At 95 % create a beta WITH documentation and publish to public, wait the report and clean the code to reach 100%. If you have more than 50 report (in case of game, I think it's enough) create a gamma release, publish, wait the bug report, clean the code and go to 100 %
At 100 % create the final release of what you have promised, it can be a partial release and if you are a pro, give a documentation (Walkthrough in case of a game).

That's it

Iskender

Hello! I am creating...
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
Good story for a ntr game but it would be good if it's avoidable. This would give a chance to the player not to be cucked :D

Reactions: Jccurtis

Drexelhand

Lostworks Dev
Game Developer
May 2, 2017
I have worked for Sun Microsystems and Oracle for 10 years and my defintion is the industry definition, so update yours...
And that's all right, but we're not exactly releasing the new version of NetBeans here are we? If you hold everybody to the standard of what you have helped develop in a multibillion dollar company, I don't think even the biggest games here will live up to them. It's okay to say that you were dissatisfied because of the bugs but it honestly seems as if you have taken this very personally and maybe you need to take a deep breath.

Drexelhand

Lostworks Dev
Game Developer
May 2, 2017
Because you don't know how work a beta program, I will explain step by step
At 90 % If you have added a lot of code you can create an alpha shipment WITH documentation to verify the consistency to a restricted group of person. This is to save your time and not having multiple report of the same bug/typo. If not go to 95 %. If bug made correction to the code to reach the 95%.
At 95 % create a beta WITH documentation and publish to public, wait the report and clean the code to reach 100%. If you have more than 50 report (in case of game, I think it's enough) create a gamma release, publish, wait the bug report, clean the code and go to 100 %
At 100 % create the final release of what you have promised, it can be a partial release and if you are a pro, give a documentation (Walkthrough in case of a game).

That's it
As I've said, this is a small beta release of an independent game being funded on Patreon. It follows a colloquial definition for beta, not the industry standard for big releases which means it's viewed as just an early release regardless of testing. But hey, if a single typo has insulted you so much that you feel the need to point all of this out to me, would you want to help me with this game? Become a beta tester? Or a developer? I am always willing to take your citicism into consideration and I appreciate it. But I don't think it's healthy for you to be writing all of this as if we're arguing when the truth is we just view this in different ways.

Drexelhand

Lostworks Dev
Game Developer
May 2, 2017

I digress.

Thank you brother, I appreciate it.

Maxus_mudo

Nov 17, 2022
Well that's the eternal problem with people that like to label and pigeonhole themselves and others.

That said it does bother me when people talk of cuckholding as if it's something that the 'cuck' can enjoy ... to me it makes no sense outside of it's original meaning of cheating and pregnancy with the 'cuck' being none the wiser for the most part. Once the 'cuck' gets in on the action it's more a variation of sharing. Afterall, the whole point of the cuckoo's life plan is to lay eggs in anothers nest without them knowing about it.

Reactions: SISIMEN
3.00 star(s) 1 Vote