nopy.to discussion & feedback

nopy

nopy.to
Respected User
Jan 4, 2019
Do you get paid for all this bootlicking my dear overzealous friend? 3 Comments in a thread that barely has 2 pages with basically the exact same content, thats commitment!
Not sure what you're trying to imply here, but it's nice to hear that users are having and continuing to have a good experience - rather than just screams when something breaks, although of course, being notified of a problem is good too :)

What i always liked about MEGA is the ability to pause a download and even continue downloading after i restart my computer. For some reason i only could do that with Chrome (not sure if its one of the addons or firefox itself) but that has been really useful sometimes when in the past i didnt have the fastest internet connection.
Do you know whether nopy will be able to support this behavior in the future and what exactly has to be working in the background for this to be functional?
Download links are signed to your session/IP, and expire after 8 hours. You can pause/resume however many times you like within those 8 hours. Firefox allows download resuming after browser restarts, chrome only allows resumes within the same session.

Mega uses multiple client side APIs which have a multitude of problems, one of the side effects being that chrome allows resumes between browser sessions. However, another side effect is your temp folder being filled with junk if a download is interrupted. I won't be implementing a Mega style Javascript driven download system, as there are too many issues surrounding it.

If you'd like to continue using Chrome, I'd recommend using a download manager, which should ensure resumable downloads between restarts.

Xpl0it

Feb 2, 2018
Not sure what you're trying to imply here, but it's nice to hear that users are having and continuing to have a good experience - rather than just screams when something breaks, although of course, being notified of a problem is good too :)

Download links are signed to your session/IP, and expire after 8 hours. You can pause/resume however many times you like within those 8 hours. Firefox allows download resuming after browser restarts, chrome only allows resumes within the same session.

Mega uses multiple client side APIs which have a multitude of problems, one of the side effects being that chrome allows resumes between browser sessions. However, another side effect is your temp folder being filled with junk if a download is interrupted. I won't be implementing a Mega style Javascript driven download system, as there are too many issues surrounding it.

If you'd like to continue using Chrome, I'd recommend using a download manager, which should ensure resumable downloads between restarts.

Forget the first part, I just dont like that guy and unfortunately im failing to hide it very well.
And you are right, people usually tend to just give negative feedback and its good when more people do give positive ones.

Thanks for the explanation!
Do you know other problems with the Javascript download system? Im just curious what the other problems are. Littering the temp folder isnt a problem because im able to keep an eye on that and i guess the download has to be saved somewhere if it is able to resume between browser sessions, so to me thats just normal behavior.

I actually am using firefox mostly, can you recommend a download manager for that? What about Standalone Download Software like JDownloader?

Reactions: FifouWeb

Sam

Sysadmin
Staff member
Administrator
Dec 22, 2016
Forget the first part, I just dont like that guy and unfortunately im failing to hide it very well.
And you are right, people usually tend to just give negative feedback and its good when more people do give positive ones.

Thanks for the explanation!
Do you know other problems with the Javascript download system? Im just curious what the other problems are. Littering the temp folder isnt a problem because im able to keep an eye on that and i guess the download has to be saved somewhere if it is able to resume between browser sessions, so to me thats just normal behavior.

I actually am using firefox mostly, can you recommend a download manager for that? What about Standalone Download Software like JDownloader?
Mega has to use a mix of in order to function properly, each have varying gotchas and problems ranging from complete lack of support in some browsers, to file size limitations, etc. Typically they block 2GB+ downloads on Firefox because of Firefox's imposed limitations with these APIs, unless you install Mega's Firefox extension.

Although Jdownloader lacks official support with nopy, you'll still able to use it. Start the download manually, then copy the download link into Jdownloader, and it should start. Other download managers like IDM or EagleGet should work the same way.

Reactions: nopy and Xpl0it

Fade

Oct 21, 2016
I'm loving the minimalist yet modern look of the website. Add in the fact that there's no captcha and/or waiting time, along with consistent speeds (although it may not be the fastest I've seen), it's been my main go-to download when downloading from this website.

--

Sep 26, 2017
Straight forward, neat, clean, fast, definitely 2 thumbs up from me.
<----- And 2 boobs up from her.

Reactions: nopy

nopy

nopy.to
Respected User
Jan 4, 2019
Small piece of news, JDownloader will be adding support for nopy in their next version, which is hopefully being released next week :)

RanliLabz

Creating SpaceCorps XXX
Donor
Game Developer
Mar 5, 2018
Small piece of news, JDownloader will be adding support for nopy in their next version, which is hopefully being released next week :)
Hi nopy! :D I've had quite a few Patrons and players recommend you... How do I go about getting an invite to register?

Sep 18, 2018
@nopy
Just wanted to report, that since today, my AVAST security is blocking nopy.to .

Because its:
Infected by "URL:Blacklist". (kinda seems like it should say its on a blacklist, and not infected by it, but maybe im wrong)

I get a box popup every time i try to open a nopy link.
Not sure why you would be blacklisted tho, or if its some infection that is actually named blacklist.

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
I've found nopy to be one of the most hassle free services for downloads. No pestering me to install download managers, no intrustive ads, etc. The only issue I have run into is a couple of times I've exceeded some sort of download threshold so it will just outright refuse to let me download anything past that point. Mega is the only place I've tried actually uploading anything to and they are mostly hassle free as well. Most of the "download managers" I've tried are infested with malware so I refuse to use anything that requires one of those.

Reactions: vanuyak
Sep 18, 2018
@nopy
Just wanted to report, that since today, my AVAST security is blocking nopy.to .

Because its:
Infected by "URL:Blacklist". (kinda seems like it should say its on a blacklist, and not infected by it, but maybe im wrong)

I get a box popup every time i try to open a nopy link.
Not sure why you would be blacklisted tho, or if its some infection that is actually named blacklist.
Today it works again. Did you fix something, or did it just sort it self out?

nopy

nopy.to
Respected User
Jan 4, 2019
Hi nopy! :D I've had quite a few Patrons and players recommend you... How do I go about getting an invite to register?
We're at capacity at the moment due to recent growth, but I'll let you know once we're ready to give out more invites :)

I've found nopy to be one of the most hassle free services for downloads. No pestering me to install download managers, no intrustive ads, etc. The only issue I have run into is a couple of times I've exceeded some sort of download threshold so it will just outright refuse to let me download anything past that point. Mega is the only place I've tried actually uploading anything to and they are mostly hassle free as well. Most of the "download managers" I've tried are infested with malware so I refuse to use anything that requires one of those.
That is good to hear, however there isn't a threshold on downloads. The only limit is maximum of 8 connections per file server at a time. Please let me know if you encounter an issue with downloading in future, is there an error or anything?

Today it works again. Did you fix something, or did it just sort it self out?
I submitted a review request for the false positive. I don't know what caused it in the first place and they wouldn't tell me, but as long as it's fixed :)

Reactions: RanliLabz

cerberus666

Apr 28, 2017
hello

i am having trouble downloading. download process suddenly stops, already turned off windows vpn, checked my lan cable and anti virus has not mentioned about my system being infected by any virus.

file download takes too long and later suddenly stops marked as failed. using firefox to download files

nopy

nopy.to
Respected User
Jan 4, 2019
hello

i am having trouble downloading. download process suddenly stops, already turned off windows vpn, checked my lan cable and anti virus has not mentioned about my system being infected by any virus.

file download takes too long and later suddenly stops marked as failed. using firefox to download files
Please could you PM me the link? Are you downloading anything else at the same time?

nopy

nopy.to
Respected User
Jan 4, 2019

Wrecker

Mar 28, 2017
Heyy, thanks for your hard work, I've been using nopy since a while and it always maneged to take my max download speed and no broken files or things like that

Until now :(

I don't know why but it starts pretty fast (2 mbp/s, max download speed use to be 10 mbp/s but it works for me), but after it downloads, lets say, 200mb, speed trops to 600-400 kbp/s and then I get a network error, I've tried with plenty of files and, sadly, it happens the same with all of them.

Do you know why this could be happening? Either way, thanks for your work!

D

Deleted member 451676

Nopy has not been working for me for a while. I open any link and it just keeps spinning and spinning.

Reactions: vanuyak

nopy

nopy.to
Respected User
Jan 4, 2019
Avast have responded again saying they've removed nopy from their blacklist, still no information why it was added in the first place, hopefully they don't keep re-adding it.

Heyy, thanks for your hard work, I've been using nopy since a while and it always maneged to take my max download speed and no broken files or things like that

Until now :(

I don't know why but it starts pretty fast (2 mbp/s, max download speed use to be 10 mbp/s but it works for me), but after it downloads, lets say, 200mb, speed trops to 600-400 kbp/s and then I get a network error, I've tried with plenty of files and, sadly, it happens the same with all of them.

Do you know why this could be happening? Either way, thanks for your work!
Is this happening on any particular file server?

Nopy has not been working for me for a while. I open any link and it just keeps spinning and spinning.
Do you mean the site itself won't load?