• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Nopy download speed is really slow

Ivrhym

Jan 26, 2020
Anyone else is having issues with nopy recently? Normally my download speed (with nopy) is about 3,5 mb/sec. while now is 500kb/sec.
I've already checked my Internet connession and that is not the problem since other hosts, like mega, work fine.
Any ideas on what the problem is?

Niv-Mizzet the Firemind

Mar 15, 2020
Sometimes the speed fluctuates if there are many users downloading in your region and nopy's servers are saturated. The dl speed usually picks up after some time has passed.
My speed is fine atm.

Reactions: Ivrhym

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
Any ideas on what the problem is?
some caches that are down. 2 for Europe, 4 for North America, out of 5 for each. So, it's not really surprising that the download speed may be low sometimes.

Note: while writing this, the last surviving North America cache had peaks at 104% ;)

anonjoe

Sep 29, 2020
NA caches are completely down, guessing Euros can still do some downloading, but NA will probably give the Error 500.

Ulli713

Apr 15, 2018
For a few days now, I (Euro) have always been getting errors:
Error: Secured connection failed

anonjoe

Sep 29, 2020
As an american, I couldn't download anything from nopy earlier, now it seems to be redirecting me to the EU cache, but almost as soon as the download would start, a blank screen comes up saying

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
So yeah, Idk

Edit: All the Eu caches seem to be up and running now, but all the NA ones are still down.

Edit 2: Tried downloading a different file, that one used Cache 2, and that worked.

Squark ⚧❤️

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 16, 2017
As an american, I couldn't download anything from nopy earlier, now it seems to be redirecting me to the EU cache, but almost as soon as the download would start, a blank screen comes up saying

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
So yeah, Idk

Edit: All the Eu caches seem to be up and running now, but all the NA ones are still down.

Edit 2: Tried downloading a different file, that one used Cache 2, and that worked.
Last I heard, they were looking at alternate providers because their current ones are like Scrooge McDuck on crack.

• Haha
Jun 22, 2018
I've always gotten about 600 kb/s with them, but recently I've noticed that downloads completely fail with JDownloader, with the error either being "404" or "host problems". Checking online status reveals that the file exists, and the links are valid. Trying to restart the download fails, resetting it fails, and I end up having to use other much slower download links. Not sure what the hell is going on.

Anon4321

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 24, 2017
Same here, I use to get 35-40 MB/s but lately I'm barely pushing 300kb/s

Last edited:

Anon4321

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 24, 2017
So far my best choices are
Mega, Mediafire and Workupload

all the others give me between 300kpbs and 1000kbps

Oscillopsia

Aug 23, 2019
Same, Nopy is slow for me again and the download is often interrupted. I've been experiencing it for about a week and a half. Nopy was my favorite choice.

Claude86

Aug 18, 2017
Been having the same problem for awhile now. But seems to have cleared up today. Suddenly everything is downloading within a few minutes again instead of hours.

Claude86

Aug 18, 2017
And today I am having problems even starting downloads again, either giving a "page not found" when clicking download, or its saying "you already have 8 open connections".